Skip to content

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Tommi Makinen Edition

EvanDaliEvanDali Posts: 11
edited November 2020 in Car Corrections
Any chande of making this car 1999 year model?
It has drivers choise tag but its value goes down because it is not as strong as the the 79 and 78 RQ Evo's
Atleast it will get a value placing it in 90s events

Mitsubishi corporation website states that the car started production at the 10th of December 1999 but people will get their sticky hands over it in 2000 

It came in 3 trims RS with weight of 1260kg,RS2 with 1280kg and GSR with 1365kg
Some units came with 330 factory-horse power too.

I dont know if thats a good reason but for me it is,so i will place the link here

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/corporate/pressrelease/products/detail532.html

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭
    the year's honestly fine as-is imo, nothing wrong with it
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The year of the car is the model year in which it was sold.  The year of a car does not represent the actual calendar year it was sold (or built), as this can be different.  For example, we are in December of 2020, but 2021 model year cars are already on the market to buy and have been for a few months.  This means that 2021 model year cars started production in 2020, but that doesn't make them "2020 cars".

However, your basis for having the year of the car changed to 1999 is due to a desire for better value and you based it on the date of the press release from your link.  This is just the date that the information was made public and has no bearing on the model year of the car.  Thank you for your time providing information, but we will not be submitting a change for the year of this car.