Skip to content

PL12.2.1 Bug Reporting Thread

Greetings drivers. This is a bug reporting thread for the PL12.2.1 update.

Please keep this thread to bug reports only. I will remove generic chat/unhelpful comments from this thread to keep it functional.

When reporting a bug please provide all the following info:
  • Device and OS
  • Screenshot/Video of the issue
  • Steps to re-create the issue (Information on what screens/areas you were in before may also be relevant)

Alternatively, submit a bug using our bug report google form with more detail: https://forms.gle/8AUQgAZWwov3hdnJ8

Comments

• gvereb11gvereb11 Posts: 4
    dead tile in club 
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 242 admin
    gvereb11 said:
    dead tile in club 
    Thank you gvereb11, reported to server team they should deal with this shortly.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    When going to the filter screen on iPhone 12 Max Pro (iOS 14.2.1) and Android with a Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro, the left column scroll bar always starts in the position on the picture below instead of at the top (Rarity) as it did in previous versions. 

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    When going to the filter screen on iPhone 12 Max Pro (iOS 14.2.1) and Android with a Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro, the left column scroll bar always starts in the position on the picture below instead of at the top (Rarity) as it did in previous versions. 

Just wanted to post the same, and once again I'm baffled, how on earth can something like this break when you touch nothing around it?
    Ozzman said:
    There's an ongoing event now with 5x German Renaissance requirements and after numerous bugfix releases this car still has the tag:

Thank you, yes sadly the fix for this was not included in this update, but I will check with the team to see if it's going to be in the next update.
    Kcray said:

Thank you Kevin, this is now reproduced and logged.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Since updating this morning I haven’t been able to play the game. It only loads as far as this (challenge and offers missing) and won’t load events. iOS latest 

Update: so I left it alone and it did eventually load the challenge and offers, 92 seconds later. 
  • Lars_StefanLars_Stefan Posts: 16
    !!! i have reported many times that my phone freeze, but still there are people that still get answer from Hutch that they haven´t heard about it, i know that you don´t realy care about it because it´s not in your concern and it´s not about spending but COME ON!!! why do you say to people that you dont know about the problem, answer correctly that you have heard about it for some mounths but you dont give a dam!!!!
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S3XY said:

The game needs better integration with the iOS gesture bar. When playing cards, it is hard to drag the two cars in the middle without touching the bar. Then it will either switch app or close the app if complete the drag movement.

Then if I stop the gesture and try not switch app, it is very likely to cause the card to stick on my finger, or stay in this corner if I don't touch the screen.

iOS 14
    iPhone X

I have this same problem and it is incredibly frustrating
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭
    S3XY said:

The game needs better integration with the iOS gesture bar. When playing cards, it is hard to drag the two cars in the middle without touching the bar. Then it will either switch app or close the app if complete the drag movement.

Then if I stop the gesture and try not switch app, it is very likely to cause the card to stick on my finger, or stay in this corner if I don't touch the screen.

iOS 14
    iPhone X

Same problem. But sometimes, the whole app freezes if I touch the gesture bar, causing the game to crash and I lose the race I was in.
  • plain333plain333 Posts: 45 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    S3XY said:

iOS 14
    iPhone X

Totally agree with @s3xy , it’s a real problem. I’ve lost countless tickets and races due to this problem. 
    For me, when i switch between apps, my phone will freeze for 15-20 seconds until TopDrives force closes itself and restarts. I get the floating card in the bottom left corner or stuck to my finger as well on occasion. 
    iPhone XS Max 
    ios 14.2
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 947 admin
    Are there any apps you use that have successfully averted that issue in a neat way?
    Are there any apps you use that have successfully averted that issue in a neat way?
    It's a 3 part issue, and I think the biggest issue is the app instability when switching/minimizing (and then many times crashing).  Secondarily is the glitch that happens when you get a floating card and then must use the 'Back' button.  And last is the selection of cars in the middle that sometimes interferes with the gesture bar (which would be very minor if the other two issues didn't exist).
    I have seen two approaches to this issue - 1) move the entire interface at the bottom up ever so slightly so that the gesture bar is now floating above the bottom border, or 2) make the selection area for the interface (the two middle cars, or ever all five cars) less diffuse or more concentrated to the top of the 2/3rds of the car/card.
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @Hutch_Robin
    A minimum effort idea is to allow us to complete the action by clicking the cards (no need to change the code of the drag method at all). So I click on one card, that card will be placed on the first track, then I click on another card, the 2nd card goes to the 2nd track (from left to right). Repeat this until all the cards are placed on track.
    So for those who suffer from the problem they can use the click method to place their cars, while the other users still drag
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Another potential solution would be to move the cards you selected to the top of the screen and drag them from the top down to the race for placement. Additionally, when you are in your garage selecting the cars for an event, you could drag them up to the top instead of the bottom.
    Just an idea, but its probably more difficult from a coding standpoint than it's worth.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue on iOS and the gesture bar. Often results in a 40sec game freeze or crash. Also the flashing ads just returned for me
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to add that this is a problem on Android too when using the gesture interface that's present in the latest few updates (Android 10 and 11 I think). Not just an iPhone problem.

I think any of the suggested fixes above would help.

• _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 266 ✭✭✭✭
    You can alternatively do it like a March Madness bracket, pulling the cards from the sides to the center instead of from the bottom up. The asymmetry can actually be quite fun. I'll try it with a rudimentary illustration

My car 1
                                 DROP HERE      STAGE 1     Opponent Car 1
                                                                                                                       My car 2
                                 DROP HERE      STAGE 2     Opponent Car 2
    My car 3
                                 DROP HERE      STAGE 3     Opponent Car 3
                                                                                                                       My car 4
                                 DROP HERE      STAGE 4     Opponent Car 4
    My car 5
                                 DROP HERE      STAGE 5     Opponent Car 5

Almost looking like a ladder or a snake

\
    /
    \
    /
    \
    (you get the basic idea of the layout, I hope)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the game is played in landscape, would that work?
  • LorskyLorsky Posts: 74 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    My game got many freeze issues in one day on Android device, it usually happens when I choosing my cards on my garage page. Any people also met this problem?
    Post edited by Lorsky on

Something like this...just freezing
  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorsky said:

Something like this...just freezing
    Same, it appears when I open the game for too long, still kind of annoying
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I have the same problem. I tried running a few different accounts on an Android emulator
    Account A with 333 cars - never froze
    Account B with 1687 cars - froze occasionally (like once a few hours)
    Account C with 3063 cars - lucky if it can stay for an hour
    Account D with 4301 cars - every two or three club events matches

I never had this issue before this patch. It is very likely to be caused by the update below. It is really bad for those who played this game for a long time and have a large garage

PL12.20.01 Update Notes

GENERAL

• Improved garage data storage which should decrease boot load time allowing you to get into the game quicker.
    • Added an option for players to opt in or out of the personalised ads when starting the game.
  • JackyQuJackyQu Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just tested my friend's account with around 3000 cars, it froze after about an hour, there is nothing I can do after it freezes
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Still got the frozen tile !

It seems like many people got frozen problem in the club..
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I think i saw the same map on Facebook, yes

This discussion has been closed.