PL13 Update is Live.. - Discussion

Comments

• JayJay Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRA times

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheminee said:
    HeissRod said:
    What does the dark orange shade mean?
    I think its supposed to look like gold/silver/bronze / 1st/2nd/3rd place.
    Oh, I see the silver now.  It looked the same to the white to me, at first glance.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    How long do we have to upgrade 208 R before the game forces you to install the update? Can i just keep the game open or what.
    Usually you get 1-2 days before update is forced 
  • SquadalaSquadala Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    How long do we have to upgrade 208 R before the game forces you to install the update? Can i just keep the game open or what.

I sure hope so ,don't want to waste all my gold speeding up the fuse. Thanks.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadala said:
    Squadala said:

I sure hope so ,don't want to waste all my gold speeding up the fuse. Thanks.

Keeping the game open won't prevent a forced-update btw, at some point it will force it. But yeh it does occur within a couple days. I reckon the last one I tried to wait out was done near enough 24 hours after I'd heard about the update so set your alarms!

• PGleo86PGleo86 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Ah yes, the 2008 CTS:

Definitely doesn't look like this or anything: 

Good change, Hutch...

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PGleo86 said:
    Ah yes, the 2008 CTS:

Good change, Hutch...
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/185397/#Comment_185397

Picture changes are always the last to be done
    edited December 2020
    This car is useless. I put a heap of fuses in it because of its great mra 112.... now 82.

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    This car is useless. I put a heap of fuses in it because of its great mra 112.... now 82.

It was broken in the first place but I understand your frustration.
  • MSRZ23MSRZ23 Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    Im just wondering.. why dont you build hype to updates anymore?
    This is a neat update with balanced cards across rarities. The players would have had been psyched to get it.

I like the fact that rarity changes are mentioned right at the end making it a fair for all.

Dont agree with Epic to Legendary move though. We have the Chev Zl1 and Superlight that stayed at Epic rarity.. so why not do it for the others too?

Also the roadmap to singleplayer improvements is superb. Its great fun for all types of players and am looking forward to more of them in the next year.

As always, event end times didnt get any mention.. is there any movement on that front?

Have a happy holidays and stay safe!
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys ... @Hutch_Gsearch @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Dmitri

The Peugeot 308.  Why.

Why why why why why?

There's precedent for raising rq and not raising classification, you've had PLENTY of users tell you repeatedly why we find it aggravating when epics move to legendary status, yet here we are again.

Do you not care?  It clearly isn't ignorance (see caterham R500) so it's either mendacity, obtuseness or something else.  

Please reconsider.  This is a BAD decision.

This. Come on Hutch, why **** off 99% of the player base on purpose.
    Give us one good reason not to keep it epic.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭
    Never, never, NEVER!!! tune a car only because it may be good thanks to mid height. For sure it will go low and you would have wasted all your food
  • MartyoMartyo Posts: 45 ✭✭

Mra is 77.03
    This is both a good car, and a cool car
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    what is this "race against the odds"? am I not seeing it?
  • RawelRawel Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also two new tags - 'christmas collection' (looks like green and red cars) and 'in the shadows' (shades of white/grey/black)
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Lol why I am getting a warning for this post? Please explain
    Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on
    I never have any luck with the damn update packs.
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy. We really need better communication, and to stop moving cars from medium to low. From my previous comment:

Willcf15 said:
    The fact that performance on city streets is binary (low = lose, medium = win) is completely unrealistic - changing a car from medium to low under the pretense of "realism" to take advantage of a fundamentally unrealistic mechanic is not value added. In fact, I'd say it's negative value as it punishes people who put effort into their garages. I do actually like the city streets mechanic regardless of realism because it makes more cars relevant, I just don't want which cars are suited to it to be a moving target.
    Jay said:

It was broken in the first place but I understand your frustration.
    Maybe it was broken, but I'd assume that then other cars are broken as well - this car has 806 horsepower, weighs 1450 kgs, and has pretty good gearing. It should be able to do pretty darn well from 60-100 mph compared to many other cars, when grip isn't a problem. In a straight line, I'd assume it would beat:

Ruf CTR3 (690 hp, 1400 kgs)
    Lambo Hurcan (610 hp, 1532 kgs)
    Ford GT 90 (720 hp, 1450 kgs)
    Probably more

These have the same 0-60 time and now better MRA, which doesn't seem right. I understand that there may be something weird in real life in the 60-100 range (i.e. the Koenigsegg shifts twice from 60-100 or something like that), but if the Koenigsegg loses to them in drags generally, I'd assume something's off

(I don't own any of these cars by the way, so I have no horses in this race. Just offering an honest opinion)
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 306 admin
    r79 said:
    @Hutch_Dmitri

I think it has been said many times but I will ask again as I didn't see any official answer from Hutch. I do understand that you feel some cars need to change stats to make them more accurate. This sometimes leads to change in cars' RQ. That is fine and in most cases not a problem. However when you move a car from epis to legendary, especially if it is popular car this make it very unfair. In case of the Peugeot you just moved to legendary. It has been one of key cars in some recent events. Many people have more than one maxed but many didn't find one yet, including myself. Now as legendary there will be only small amount of people that will be able to ever max this car making it very unfair. This is more that just luck of getting that car or not. Why you can't increase RQ to 86 but keep the car epic?! 
    Hi r79,

As you noted, we are aiming to improve the accuracy of car stats with every update we release. Sometimes it will happen that some cars will see a significant increase in ability and will jump RQ. In some of those cases we have to bump up the Rarity of the car to ensure that it corresponds properly to the car’s new ability. With PL13, one car that went from Epic to Legendary is the Peugeot 308 R Hybrid.

We understand it’s a pretty scary jump and owners will benefit from this increase, however we couldn’t keep the car at Epic tier due to its strong performance - it’s important that we respect hierarchy as much as possible. It is a car that belongs to the Legendary tier and it holds the correct position now.

You probably noticed that another Peugeot, the 908 RC, dropped down in rarity, which to some extent compensates the increase in rarity of 308 R HYbrid.

We do try to minimize the number of cars that see such a significant increase, and in PL13 only one car has seen its rarity change from Epic to Legendary.
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    we are aiming to improve the accuracy of car stats with every update we release. 
    I think it would be nice, if you as a company finalize your own vision on the product you are developing:
    - whether it is precise car characteristics catalogue combined with super precise physics simulation engine, that allows extremely real life car performance comparison in various conditions
    - or it is a game, where game balance and game mechanics are in value

Cause for now, you have problems in your physical engine, but instead of fixing that, keep shuffling car stats and game balance. 
    Jay said:
    MRA times

More MRA Data:

RQ 48 Ford F-150 Lightning: 
      0-100: 12.8
      MRA: 70.7
    RQ 45 Ford Maya II EM:
      0-100: 13.3
      MRA: 70.5
    RQ 42 AMC Javelin AMX
      0-100: 17.06 (no, not a mistake)
      MRA: 46.7 (lol)
    RQ 47 Acura RSX Type S
      0-100: 16.85
      MRA: 56.7
    RQ 41 Acura Integra Type R
      0-100: 18.21
      MRA: 56.8
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭
    This is from a post on the IGF

This car will become insane, better 0-60, better 1/4miles no RQ change ...
  • r79r79 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    r79 said:
    @Hutch_Dmitri

I think it has been said many times but I will ask again as I didn't see any official answer from Hutch. I do understand that you feel some cars need to change stats to make them more accurate. This sometimes leads to change in cars' RQ. That is fine and in most cases not a problem. However when you move a car from epis to legendary, especially if it is popular car this make it very unfair. In case of the Peugeot you just moved to legendary. It has been one of key cars in some recent events. Many people have more than one maxed but many didn't find one yet, including myself. Now as legendary there will be only small amount of people that will be able to ever max this car making it very unfair. This is more that just luck of getting that car or not. Why you can't increase RQ to 86 but keep the car epic?! 
    Hi r79,

As you noted, we are aiming to improve the accuracy of car stats with every update we release. Sometimes it will happen that some cars will see a significant increase in ability and will jump RQ. In some of those cases we have to bump up the Rarity of the car to ensure that it corresponds properly to the car’s new ability. With PL13, one car that went from Epic to Legendary is the Peugeot 308 R Hybrid.

We understand it’s a pretty scary jump and owners will benefit from this increase, however we couldn’t keep the car at Epic tier due to its strong performance - it’s important that we respect hierarchy as much as possible. It is a car that belongs to the Legendary tier and it holds the correct position now.

You probably noticed that another Peugeot, the 908 RC, dropped down in rarity, which to some extent compensates the increase in rarity of 308 R HYbrid.

We do try to minimize the number of cars that see such a significant increase, and in PL13 only one car has seen its rarity change from Epic to Legendary.
    This was very commonly used car but not all got it. This is unfair as even if some will get it (which will be much harder due to new rarity) it will be next to impossible to upgrade it for most.