Skip to content

13.2 Update Release Notes

Hey everyone!

This update is a follow-up to the release in March that introduced the new Challenges system. 

We wanted to use this opportunity to express our gratitude to everyone who played the new Challenges in the past month and provided incredible feedback. Our work in optimising the Challenges continues as we establish best practices along the way.

Based on valuable feedback from the community, we are bringing improvements to the Challenges interface in the update 13.2. 

Additionally, flexible criteria are now making their way to Events meaning that you can enjoy more diverse and exciting sets of criteria in upcoming events. 

We are also rolling out a new version of the UI for some new users. This comes as part of our long-term efforts to improve the game’s look and feel. We will have more to share on this in the future. 

Finally, a number of bug fixes and UI enhancements, including the option to scroll through your garage with an RQ slider, are making their way to Top Drives in update 13.2. 

Read on to find the full changes log below:

CHALLENGES

• All upcoming Challenges are now sorted in ascending order by start time, followed by priority.

• The Prizes and the Requirements tabs have been swapped; Prizes is now the default tab when you are entering a Challenge. 

• Tapping on an item prize now shows the item’s details. 

• The Flexible Criteria filter button is now easier to press. The button stays the same size but can be tapped along its full length.

• Pressing the Back button in the car selection screen in Challenges will take you back to the Garage screen rather than the Challenge screen.

• Added the ability to purchase additional attempts in Challenges with Gold. Please note that use cases for this feature will expand in the future when we bring new Challenge scenarios into the game. 

OTHER

• Scrolling and Snapping to RQ in the Garage - this new feature allows you to scroll through RQ range of the cars in your garage, making the process of finding the right cars much quicker!

• Flexible Criteria were first introduced to Challenges inUpdate 13.1. We are now bringing this feature to regular Events, so expect more elaborate event requirements in the future.

• A new version of the user interface (UI) will be rolled out to some new players. This reskin is part of our efforts to improve the UI, and we will have more to say on this in the future. No existing users will be affected by this change, and the changes are not necessarily final.

• Added finish lines to Airfield Challenges.

• KTPlay SDK has been updated to the latest version. This version contains a fix to the bug which prevented images from uploading correctly. 

BUG FIXES

• Fixed an issue with the available Challenges indicator (red dot) not showing up correctly when a player reaches RQ 175 and unlocks Challenges.

• Fixed an issue which caused the ‘Starts In’ field to display the remaining time until the end of the Challenge.

• Fixed an issue with no sound playing when pressing the Challenge categories or Challenges panels. 

• Minor localisation improvements.

Comments

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭
    That's just impressive :open_mouth:
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Will the new UI be rolled out to all players eventually?
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭
    I don't think so

"A new version of the user interface (UI) will be rolled out to some new players. This reskin is part of our efforts to improve the UI, and we will have more to say on this in the future. No existing users will be affected by this change, and the changes are not necessarily final."

Some people post screenshot of the UI for the new player.
    I am so hyped by it, the current UI is doing fine. I was hoping something radically different to be honest :)

But I am aware this is just a reskin for the moment

• Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 306 admin
    Gymopen said:
    Will the new UI be rolled out to all players eventually?
    This is just one version of the UI, and it's not final. I believe it is likely to be eventually pulled altogether and the existing version will be reinstated. The new version was implemented in order to do certain tests, so it's not final.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure to understand well.
    Is this update already released?
    Because I don't have the "Scrolling and Snapping to RQ in the Garage" feature. :(
    Or is it part of the new UI only for a certain amount of players (if yes what's the point?).
    Thanks for your clarification.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Because I don't have the "Scrolling and Snapping to RQ in the Garage" feature. :(
    Or is it part of the new UI only for a certain amount of players (if yes what's the point?).
    Drag your finger along the scroll bar running beneath the pictures of the cars (and above the hand area). 
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    Drag your finger along the scroll bar running beneath the pictures of the cars (and above the hand area). 

Ah ok, thanks. Wow it was quite unnoticable. I initially thought that tapping the empty slot would bring you to the first car of that RQ (like some people already suggested).

But that's already a cool improvement for sure. :)