Skip to content

This game is starting to lack content

2»

Comments

• BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 90 ✭✭
    So I'm guessing the whales don't ever have to post on here about these issues, I would like to hear there almighty wisdom to over come these endeavors. 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm guessing the whales don't ever have to post on here about these issues, I would like to hear there almighty wisdom to over come these endeavors. 
    I’m certainly no whale, although I’ve spent more than I should on this game. From what I’m gathering from your initial post, @O__VER’s assumption is correct. My guess is in line with his: your garage isn’t very competitive so you struggle to gain renown and therefore make YB progress, and you struggle to place top 10 in events. I can see how that would make the events part of the game boring. Why not try out clubs? You can be competitive by racing a lot, not necessarily having a top of the line garage. 

Flexible criteria being introduced to events have really started mixing up event requirements, making them more challenging to come up with good hands. That emphasizes the necessity to keep cars that you previously might have fused without a second thought. Of course, there’s another side to the coin here (Robin admitting he’s targeting the cars that don’t see much use in our garages for finals criteria is in my opinion blatantly admitting “We’re going to force you to buy CFs”), but that’s a topic for another post. Flexible criteria really starts to tap into the collection side of the game which you could argue wasn’t really there before. Sure, you wanted to pull legendaries, but having a diverse garage wasn’t all that necessary other than for challenges. Add onto that the addition of the new challenge format as well as other experimental event types (take the current Citroen GT events/challenge in place of the Tri-series for an example) and you’ve got a pretty fresh take on a game that most people would agree felt a bit stale.

Are there days in the game where it feels like there’s not much to do? Of course. Those Tuesday lulls where there aren’t any new events starting suck. But expecting TD to be a game you can spend hours at a time playing without having to spend gold on tickets or play clubs - you need to lower your expectations. 
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 90 ✭✭
    I’m certainly no whale, although I’ve spent more than I should on this game. From what I’m gathering from your initial post, @O__VER’s assumption is correct. My guess is in line with his: your garage isn’t very competitive so you struggle to gain renown and therefore make YB progress, and you struggle to place top 10 in events. I can see how that would make the events part of the game boring. Why not try out clubs? You can be competitive by racing a lot, not necessarily having a top of the line garage. 

Flexible criteria being introduced to events have really started mixing up event requirements, making them more challenging to come up with good hands. That emphasizes the necessity to keep cars that you previously might have fused without a second thought. Of course, there’s another side to the coin here (Robin admitting he’s targeting the cars that don’t see much use in our garages for finals criteria is in my opinion blatantly admitting “We’re going to force you to buy CFs”), but that’s a topic for another post. Flexible criteria really starts to tap into the collection side of the game which you could argue wasn’t really there before. Sure, you wanted to pull legendaries, but having a diverse garage wasn’t all that necessary other than for challenges. Add onto that the addition of the new challenge format as well as other experimental event types (take the current Citroen GT events/challenge in place of the Tri-series for an example) and you’ve got a pretty fresh take on a game that most people would agree felt a bit stale.

Are there days in the game where it feels like there’s not much to do? Of course. Those Tuesday lulls where there aren’t any new events starting suck. But expecting TD to be a game you can spend hours at a time playing without having to spend gold on tickets or play clubs - you need to lower your expectations. 
    Thank you for the response, I agree, and I managed to get to round 21 of the. Gt finals, and managed to get the C and A class couldn't really start the veteran monthly because I was short 1 alfa, but I completed the other 2,your right club events where I'm at since I put in my daily effort, but since the finals started I got a S class Porsche and alot of A class cars. So I'm content for now lol