Skip to content

13.3 Update - Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    for some weeks the game keeps on freezing after the first skipped race and I have to restart the app...happens every now and then, not that often.
    on both devices, S8+ and S20+
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 359 admin
    D3nzello said:
    for some weeks the game keeps on freezing after the first skipped race and I have to restart the app...happens every now and then, not that often.
    Is it freezing on match results screen? I think we have a tentative fix for soft locking now ready, so hopefully most of similar issues will be resolved when we roll out an update with bug fixes.
    Is it freezing on match results screen? I think we have a tentative fix for soft locking now ready, so hopefully most of similar issues will be resolved when we roll out an update with bug fixes.
    aye on match results, right after I skipped forward...not sure if the bug is the same when you watch the whole race tho, only experienced it after fast forwards.
  • Aamon_KorAamon_Kor Posts: 36
    The RQ Slider that was implemented with 13.2 is on the one side a good thing but on the other side it is extremely annoying. Often when I want to drag a car from the bottom row to my selection, the slider is activated instead of taking the car. The activation area for the slider is way too wide. Even if I click on the center of the car, the slider becomes active. However, the width is not always the same. Sometimes I can grab the car well below the center, but often I can't and I soon go crazy here because the stupid slider becomes permanently active and the game always jumps to a different spot in my garage. I especially noticed this when I click on a car at the height of the white slider. I play with Bluestacks on my PC. On the photo you can see where the mouse cursor was when I wanted to pick the car. I hope you understand what I mean.  :)

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    Aamon_Kor said:
    The RQ Slider that was implemented with 13.2 is on the one side a good thing but on the other side it is extremely annoying. Often when I want to drag a car from the bottom row to my selection, the slider is activated instead of taking the car. The activation area for the slider is way too wide. Even if I click on the center of the car, the slider becomes active. However, the width is not always the same. Sometimes I can grab the car well below the center, but often I can't and I soon go crazy here because the stupid slider becomes permanently active and the game always jumps to a different spot in my garage. I especially noticed this when I click on a car at the height of the white slider. I play with Bluestacks on my PC. On the photo you can see where the mouse cursor was when I wanted to pick the car. I hope you understand what I mean.  :)

Absolutely agree. I have the same annoying issue (I play on a tablet). That's a good feature but needs little improvement regarding this, if possible.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.  I find myself accidentally hitting the slider all the time, especially when I'm trying to swipe right in the garage and all of a sudden I find myself past the commons. 
  • SchmidtiSchmidti Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    I have the same issues with the slider. In addition,  if you have turned on a filter and then hit the slider by accident,  you land in a area with just empty slots. 
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    So I'm not the only one who has this issue, it happens more times needed when you wanna be a little bit speedy with placement or looking for cars 
    Also another bug, when the fuse requirements don't actually limit to the required number filtered, I already know what vehicles are not leveled up a certain amount but the system can't tell after a certain number. I understand this is a new feature but can get annoying when prompt with wrong filtering. Not a major issue but it's annoying. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    Adding in that I also have trouble with the RQ slider. To be honest it's more annoying than useful. It's not obvious or intuitive enough to remember that it exists when scrolling through cars, so it's pretty much always hit accidentally. I would rather not have it.

I think the main problem is the hit box is too large, but also the scroll bar visually doesn't do a good job of displaying where you currently are, so actually using the slider can be guesswork. It really needs a little 'handle' on the scroll bar (with a smaller hit box) that can be used to scroll sideways more accurately and know better where you currently are.
    Post edited by O__VER on
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Schmidti said:
    I have the same issues with the slider. In addition,  if you have turned on a filter and then hit the slider by accident,  you land in a area with just empty slots. 
    This.  The slider should stop at the end of the commons.  When you use a filter, it should not leave a bunch of empty slots past the commons.
    Yeah the calibration is weird and not useful (I pointed it out the first day it came out). The far left does not really allow to go to higher rqs, or in a very imprecise manner, and then the far right is just a bunch of empty slots for like a third or half of the scale.

If you think of the most left position on the screen being 100 and the most right 0, then imo it should be something like:
    - 100 to 80: most left / highest rq possible in the garage selection
    - 80 to 20: gradual normal scrolling through the garage (one can debate if the unit movement should be car by car or rq by rq, I tend to think it should be rq by rq)
    - 20 to 0: most right / lowest rq possible in the garage selection
    Since the recent update, Top Drives is making my phone heat up, draining the battery very quickly and often quite slow at loading everything.

Have confirmed with friends on Android and iOS that they're experiencing similar.

iOS 14.7.1
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7
    Same.  Extremely slow and phone heating up.  @Hutch_Dmitri, this is not good.
    iOS 14.6
    iPhone Xs
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Same.  Extremely slow and phone heating up.  @Hutch_Dmitri, this is not good.
    iOS 14.6
    iPhone Xs
    Same issues here. 
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting the FB login prompt each time you load the game?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my game crashes all the time. 

It crashes loading up. It freezes loading up. It also crashes while playing.

it took me 10 minutes and about 6/7 loads before I managed to get in just now.

latest android, galaxy S20+
    D3nzello said:

its gotten better, still the freezing is happening, very rarely tho
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9
    I think 3 mins and 22 seconds might be a bit overkill to see if the bus can magically make it past its top speed...

Post edited by RobGripes on
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    I never get the FB login prompt.. yet my TD account is linked to my FB account.
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 359 admin
    kaje73 said:
    Kcray said:
    I never get the FB login prompt.. yet my TD account is linked to my FB account.
    This is because if your game account is already linked to Facebook, it then needs for your Facebook 'token' to expire before it will give you the prompt again.

Last night my phone heated up so much playing TD that it gave me a temperature warning and wouldn't let me do anything except make an emergency call for several minutes.

This is pretty bad. Please tell us this is being fixed in the incoming update @Hutch_Dmitri.
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    Yes, one reason I tend to play Top Drives on Bluestacks (PC) is because of how hot my phone could get while playing Top Drives. It's utterly ridiculous and a legitimate hazard. And while it's not like that all the time, the risk of that occurring (and it did occur in the past) drives me away. 
    Alta said:
    Yes, one reason I tend to play Top Drives on Bluestacks (PC) is because of how hot my phone could get while playing Top Drives. It's utterly ridiculous and a legitimate hazard. And while it's not like that all the time, the risk of that occurring (and it did occur in the past) drives me away. 
    And now it just happened today and nearly overheated yesterday, it's becoming a major issue. (I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with Android's latest update whatever it is for pre-Galaxy S8 phones))
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    Happening with me as well on both my devices, Samsung S21 Ultra and iPad Pro. The iPad in particularly gets very hot now.

Seriously I'm getting ghosted by my Lamborghini 

Seriously I'm getting ghosted by my Lamborghini 
    Just place another car then reset hand tbh. It's a known bug and annoying. 
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    New way of playing Top Drives: guessing game mode. :D

• bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    Game is crashing on opening - presume challenge related as only happened since 11. iPhone X, latest iOS 
    Yeah same here, crashing once I reach the home screen of the game. Also iPhone, latest OS.