Skip to content

Summer Dog Days, Stagnation & Boredom

D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
edited June 16 in General Discussion
so I was wondering if its just because of the upcoming summer holidays and covid slowly going away, everyone sits outdoors, watching soccer or simply not care anymore about the game...but wheres the new updates, wheres the new challenges, wheres _any_ kind of new stuff to keep us playing?

the events are boring (for example retro brawl most of the top ten are sitting on 12-2 or something forever), clubs? who plays clubs during summer, other then this blossom guy, lancia prelims? is anyone really excited about that 2015 5 seater finals? idk about you guys, but for me its getting veeery boring.
not mainly because lack of content, but because I feel like the devs dont care anymore about their playerbase and just let things "go".

edit: sorry for my english, Im not a native speaker.

Comments

• bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    I couldn’t agree more. It has really stagnated and an update is badly needed. 
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Idk man, I'm thoroughly enjoying the bugs the last update has to offer. Nothing keeps the game going better than restarting the app every 3rd tickets I play. I don't bother opening the game up after it freezes sometimes just to switch things up.
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda feeling the same. I definitely feel less engaged with the game now than at any point in the last 3+ years.

Maybe partly due to not spending IGC or Gold while waiting for the next update, so it feels my garage is a bit stagnant (not getting much luck via events). 

I do think the new challenge format has potential... but seems a bit hit and miss so far.

Also - where's re-tuning?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could farm the challenge, it wouldn't feel like we have had less to do compared to this time last year
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    I have the same feeling of boredom, with nothing interesting at the moment, and the same kind of daily events again and again. But I see it as a very good thing from time to time. At least it offers a break from too much playing (like it happens during certain weeks with lot of events (multi player + single player ones)).
    And even a break from regular grinding feels good... Take that breath of fresh air to do something else. ;)
    HeissRod said:
    If we could farm the challenge, it wouldn't feel like we have had less to do compared to this time last year
    Yeah its not necessarily less to do... more that what there is to do just feels less engaging, or interesting. AT least in my opinion.

The challenges are generally whip through the 5 tickets (or whatever) then wait 24 hours, unless you hit a challenge that your garage doesn't suit (like round 22 on the tri-series challenge), then you get stuck and don't play it any further (unless you get lucky with a pull).

The dailies have been farm events forever, but we've been stuck on the same set of events for a long time. Even shifting the set of tracksets that are in rotation by 1 criteria set would freshen them up, making us use different cars.

The events are hit and miss depending on the criteria used.

• D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    Nortonata said:
    Absolutely agree with these points. A content update will make a big difference for sure but we are now over 6 months without one...6 months! That's lunacy for a mobile game in my opinion...

exactly; I play 2 other mobile (pvp) games where they keep you busy with tons of new stuff on a daily basis, I can only assume that Hutch makes so much money that they dont have to care about the playerbase, I mean the only thing they will come up with in a few weeks just a dark UI, no car updates, and from what I hear there wont be any for at least another 2 months.

on the other hand I did like the YOTO stuff, but again, thats something we can only enjoy 2-3 times a year as well.
    too bad, like someone said, this game does have alot of potential, especially in the pvp section...its not that hard to code quick 1v1 pvp modes for example, its possible in other mobile games, why not here?

anyway, they money I save in these 2 months I can afford 3 weeks holidays, thats the bright side :D
    Nortonata said:
    So far the Challenge system has been promising but again limited in content...there needs to be something that keeps you coming back to the game and, before anyone says it, Clubs is certainly not that.
    I can't imagine anyone saying that
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17
    I agree with the sentiment of this thread for sure. I was logging in to post a thread titled "Bored" with the body text of "Bored bored bored", but your post was probably more productive.

I've just found myself enjoying the grind a lot less recently, and could really use something concrete to work toward
    also just seen on the FB group that it was mentioned in the Hutch live stream that any content update will be further delayed....
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Most mobile games update contents every 2 months. This game also followed a similar pattern in it's early years but the last 2 years has been extremely slow between updates. I cannot find another mobile game that is active besides Top Drives which updates like twice a year.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    willcf15 said:
    I've just found myself enjoying the grind a lot less recently, and could really use something concrete to work toward
    We really need a second Yellowbird-style challenge to work on
    Copo camaro checks in
    HeissRod said:
    willcf15 said:
    Copo camaro checks in
    I don't know if I'd want every player to have access to a car that can out-drag nearly everything in the short run.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    willcf15 said:
    Copo camaro checks in
    I don't know if I'd want every player to have access to a car that can out-drag nearly everything in the short run.
    Like the Yellowbird? :p
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    I'm just here for the tacos and cars 💯
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    willcf15 said:
    Copo camaro checks in
    It's not that good
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    willcf15 said:
    Copo camaro checks in
    It's not that good
    No you're right, but it does destroy most Epics. I would argue the only way to keep the game balanced is to essentially give the COPO Camaro to everyone in a Yellowbird-style challenge.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda think they should never give them out. Just remove them from the game. They are too unbalanced for any event they would qualify in with dry drags.  Beating even rq100 cars on the short stuff.

I don't want cars in the game that force Hutch to make event's to exclude them. Most event's would become wet and or twisty. Like how they restrict the furai all the time from Japanese event's etc.
    Thanks Dmitri, nice to have some communication. No real
    issue with regards to not having an update ready yet, though it’s frustrating and extremely slow, but the challenge situation is just poor. A great new function and there’s no content!

I am appreciating spending much less time on the game though, but you’ve got to expect to
    lose players when there’s nothing to do.
    thx for putting in new challenges at least giving us basically a free CF.
    also did you guys increase the 2015 packs odd chances? 3 epics and the regera out of 5 packs -.-
    so, almost 1 month after Dimitris post, we still dont have any updates yet (UI/reduced gold cost/car updates)...the challenges yes we enjoyed, but maan...throw us players some _meaty_ bone, its really getting absurd by now in terms of what is in the making and what has been put out. I understand licence stuff takes work and time but players like me are slowly losing interest tbh, almost about to switch back to PC games and spend my money there. afterall we love the game and want to keep on having fun with it, atm it feels like nobody cares about the playerbase, just tri-series after tri-series for past 6(!) months...

at least like a weekly status information on what we can expect on the forums or something.
    D3nzello said:
    so, almost 1 month after Dimitris post,  we still dont have any updates yet (UI/reduced gold cost/car updates)...the challenges yes we enjoyed, but maan...throw us players some _meaty_ bone, its really getting absurd by now in terms of what is in the making and what has been put out. I understand licence stuff takes work and time but players like me are slowly losing interest tbh, almost about to switch back to PC games and spend my money there. afterall we love the game and want to keep on having fun with it, atm it feels like nobody cares about the playerbase, just tri-series after tri-series for past 6(!) months...

at least like a weekly status information on what we can expect on the forums or something.
    I can’t even be bothered to play the Maserati/Lancia event. Tedious scrolling through multiple very similar hands. Very dull
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    This is why Tuesdays are good, I only have to play the daily. 

• Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 359 admin
    For me now, it is the ridiculous niche levels of event we are being asked to compete in, which is the problem. The P1 GTR Prelims being a case in point. I am not going to be spending 2-3 days for the chance of an Ultra which will have zero impact on my hand for the finals. Especially with all the Project 8s that will be in the event. 

I would rather put the phone down and enter in last hour and pick up a possible Premium pack than enter that event. 

I also burnt too many matches on the 908 HDi last time around, so to have back to back RQ96 and RQ97 events just smacks of a cynical and obvious move. Players will start walking away before the update even drops at this rate.

Was there any update on this by the way? Did I miss something? I mean it was only 15 months ago.

PL11.3 Retune (no estimate)
    • A further series of engine improvements will be made

• A one off tuning service will be introduced to allow players to switch tunings
    The tuning service will only be available when we introduce the engine improvements to the game, which is a big task on its own and I don't believe the team has made any progress on that recently. With this in mind, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's not coming very soon.

Which to a certain extent shows the problem with announcing anything in advance - while players want that, and we want that, it can create problems like one we have with the tuning service. If we never announced it, no one would be asking about it, or at least the questions would not be of the same nature.

This shifting happens with many of our developing features: some things move forward, others move back and it's a constant process really, so producing any sort of a reliable roadmap that is not too vague to comprehend by you is really challenging. 

I do appreciate what everyone's saying here regarding boredom, and we do have something to alleviate that coming up really soon.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    I would rather put the phone down and enter in last hour and pick up a possible Premium pack than enter that event. 
    This is me for the past 1,5 year.