Skip to content

Call of the Wild II Challenges

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 questions about why the top two Vipers aren't included in the tag  :#
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭
    Which of the final prizes is the one to go for? 

The MC12 has the shadow of the Birdcage 75th anniversary concept looming over it. Assuming it's going to be slower on the drags then is it good enough in corners to be worthwhile? 

I seem to remember the Carrera GT is good for it's RQ, but there are a lot of high RQ porsches. Although it does look pretty well placed year-wise. 

The Cien? It never really seems to shine, but it is one of the best cadillacs and US legendaries are generally pretty weak on average. 

HeissRod said:
    INB4 questions about why the top two Vipers aren't included in the tag  :#
    The GTS-R and the 2016 ACR were included in the last COTW, while none of the other epics or legendaries were (except the 2013 SRT Viper, which is a terrible car). 

I really like the idea of the prize car exchange, for older and somewhat weak legendary prize cars.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    The Cien? It never really seems to shine, but it is one of the best cadillacs and US legendaries are generally pretty weak on average. 
    I don't know, it has 110 MRA. And overall US legendaries are harder to come by so I feel it's the pick of the three. It has its niche.

I have the Carrera GT and Maserati and have used the Porsche less than 200 times over three years. The Maserati just over 100 times in just over a year.

I think all three cars are rather useless but I'll definitely choose the Cien over the awful SLS.
  • TreyWelshTreyWelsh Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me which car can beat the Beetle?

• bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 278 ✭✭✭
    I can’t find anything.
    Judge Ram Air is supposed to, although I'm still upgrading for round 19 myself.  The RQ32 Impala SS too. 
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 278 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I’ve tried roadrunner, barracuda. L’il red…

How about the tune up challenge? Cannot beat the Aston on round 16. No epics that can do it, any ideas? 75k trophies and struggling with the challenges and didn’t even make top 50 in the Ford event! **** packs, two CFs I bought had duplicate ultras 😭😂
    TreyWelsh said:
    Can someone please tell me which car can beat the Beetle?
    I don’t quite remember the time of the Beetle (21.xx?), but this should help.

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Round 7 from Ancien Ancestors (COTW III) is pretty mean aready.
    Not many cars for the requirement (COTW / E cars from 1937-1999), and is there really only one car beating the Sunbird on race 5 (small city streets with rain), the RQ23 Beetle with STD?
    Trying to upgrade the RQ24 Impala but I doubt it will win...
    Yama_san said:
    Not many cars for the requirement (COTW / E cars from 1937-1999), and is there really only one car beating the Sunbird on race 5 (small city streets with rain), the RQ23 Beetle with STD?
    Sunbird ties and the higher RQ Impala can win the 0-100-0 by more than 100 points, that's how I won. 
    Yama_san said:
    Sunbird ties and the higher RQ Impala can win the 0-100-0 by more than 100 points, that's how I won. 

So it's either:
    - 2x RQ28 Impala (need another one for the 1 mile vs the same Impala) + Sunbird
    - 1 RQ23 Beetle

to pass this round?
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited July 18

Does anyone know if maxed the Sunbird wins ? I already spent 300k and have not that much money left, don't want to spend for nothing...

Edit :
    Nevermind, did it anyway and it wins, I now have my very own Plymouth Superbird. Good luck everyone !
    Post edited by TopDrives34865 on
  • MoogMoog Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    Highly annoying that after opening 30 packs, I have 6 out of a possible 11 cars that meet the criteria, yet still can't complete even Safari Tour (II) stage 14. If I don't continue spending hundreds of thousands on packs, I can't even do III, IV, etc, all trying to chase these elusive cars.

Post edited by Moog on
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Spend all the money hahaha 🤑🤑🤑😆
    We have had a reasonable amount of time between the patch where the tag appeared and the challenge, to collect these cars. It's not like the Christmas event where it was almost immediate. 
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 815 ✭✭✭
    Stuck on round 14 2nd chapter as well.
    How can you enter chapter 3 already? 
  • MoogMoog Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    You gotta keep buying the packs rkoralle.
    Endywaves, yup it’s been a while and of course I have been collecting,but I don’t keep a spare 80 (without dupes) slots and not all cars come around hence having a few. I think having a pool of 11 is low, especially when probably only 6 of those will get you through.
    im through now and caught up, luckily I had a spare 800k to spend on standard packs (pulled 1 ur in those for those who love the stats)
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    You gotta keep buying the packs rkoralle.
    Endywaves, yup it’s been a while and of course I have been collecting,but I don’t keep a spare 80 (without dupes) slots and not all cars come around hence having a few. I think having a pool of 11 is low, especially when probably only 6 of those will get you through.
    im through now and caught up, luckily I had a spare 800k to spend on standard packs (pulled 1 ur in those for those who love the stats)
    I don't know what specific cars you missed, but the yellowbird challenge rewards some good cotw D cars I've used to clear chapter 2.
    Seeing how difficult is part 4 (Wild Weather) from Round 9 (with Round 11 where you already need a maxed A or a S car apparently), I think I will already give up, unless I get VERY lucky with last COTW packs to win.
    I guess the Epic prize (part 5) car is so far that I probably wasted quite some time and virtual cash already, for not much in the end.

If already done with the challenge after 2-3 days (no way I go for the Elite pack just to get useless UR mustangs), it's quite disappointing.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Yep, either a Lamborghini S or two maxed A (Corvette C7 or Covra SVT)
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 815 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information- i have none of those cars, so no point in trying anymore...
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

bamboozled
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    guess you prolly beat it by now but medium GC helps on hill climb, also watch for traction control cars if you get stuck on those sand tracks.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    also it looks like you need to almost fully upgrade 2 epics to get pass round 17 on stage 4, on the other hand stage 18 will be cakewalk.
  • BinocularBinocular Posts: 7
    edited July 19
    Yama_san said:
    Seeing how difficult is part 4 (Wild Weather) from Round 9 (with Round 11 where you already need a maxed A or a S car apparently), I think I will already give up, unless I get VERY lucky with last COTW packs to win.
    I guess the Epic prize (part 5) car is so far that I probably wasted quite some time and virtual cash already, for not much in the end.

If already done with the challenge after 2-3 days (no way I go for the Elite pack just to get useless UR mustangs), it's quite disappointing.
    Completely agree, these bent track conditions with RWD on sand? i mean where is the fun in that, its more fun finding some random std tyre rq23 car to beat an epic or a leggy at this stage but with their new ability to be so detailed in their requirements its sucked the fun part out of the game as that's not even an option anymore. what a huge disappointment this whole COTW has been - still 10 days to go to spend spend spend, i think ill keep my money from now on, after the last 70 -100 CF's and no leggy that says all i need to know about spending money to get anywhere in this game. Rubbish.
    edited July 19
    Gymopen said:

bamboozled

Low speeds on sand are traction limited, so acceleration above a certain level is irrelevant. For RWD performance tyres that level is very low. The main contributing factors for straight line races like this are traction control, ground clearance and engine upgrades - with handling and weight coming into play for cornering. 

So for many of these tracks the super rare mustang upgraded 969 is one of the best cars. I've passed the whole thing without using a single epic or legendary on any of the off-road tracks.

The maxed mid-tier epics on the tarmac tracks did seem a bit extreme for part 4 of 6, although I had a qualifying legendary for this section so I can't judge how hard they were to actually beat. 
    A bit off topic but do you know if it is possible to "exchange" prize car at least?
    I already had the Bulldog.

Whole challenge (that looked exctiting at the launch) just for the rare Plymouth in the end, would be huge disappointment (as a 2+ years player).
    I also really wonder who will go until last part (and even just manage to get the epic Atom) seeing the requirements, except whales or big spenders.
    Ah, just for the note, apparently (I could read on a forum) Wild Weather Round 11 has been changed, the too strong car has been replaced.
  • SimplesHoTSimplesHoT Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    A bit off topic but do you know if it is possible to "exchange" prize car at least?
    I already had the Bulldog.

Whole challenge (that looked exctiting at the launch) just for the rare Plymouth in the end, would be huge disappointment (as a 2+ years player).
    I also really wonder who will go until last part (and even just manage to get the epic Atom) seeing the requirements, except whales or big spenders.
    well I'm in the position to have three leggies and four epics but I cannot beat r13 on set two :D