Skip to content

Call of the Wild II Challenges

Comments

• rkorallerkoralle Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    This is what i am gonna be using for round IV-17- i hope 2 upgrades are enough to the stingray.

For the earlier rounds the yellow bird challenge is the key!
    Just enter I-1 to get the rare beetle with standard tyres 2 or 3 times, then you wont have to buy hundreds of packs!

• Aamon_KorAamon_Kor Posts: 36
    Yama_san said:
    Seeing how difficult is part 4 (Wild Weather) from Round 9 (with Round 11 where you already need a maxed A or a S car apparently), I think I will already give up, unless I get VERY lucky with last COTW packs to win.
    I guess the Epic prize (part 5) car is so far that I probably wasted quite some time and virtual cash already, for not much in the end.

If already done with the challenge after 2-3 days (no way I go for the Elite pack just to get useless UR mustangs), it's quite disappointing.
    That is not true. I made it to round 16 with 2 epics, one of those was not fused and the 2nd was only fused 2 times. For round 17, I only need 2 maxed B, 2 maxed C and one epic that was fused 4 times. Maybe 3 are enough, but I don't know yet. In any case, you don't need a Legendary or a maxed epic car until round 17. Round 18 I do not know yet.
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    I doubt it is worth to fuse any ultrarare into an epic just to get an carbon fibre. I do not know how the challenge for the Ariel looks like.
    I went through the challenge up to "Wild Weather (IV)" round 17. Besides my legendary RQ90 Lamborghini I have just ultrarares.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64.15 not that I was expecting fantastic MRA

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty quick at 3.4 seconds 0-60 bone stock though. 
    O__VER said:
    It's pretty quick at 3.4 seconds 0-60 bone stock though. 
    Yeah. Will also be pretty good in Dry City stuff.

• D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    I doubt it is worth to fuse any ultrarare into an epic just to get an carbon fibre. I do not know how the challenge for the Ariel looks like.
    I went through the challenge up to "Wild Weather (IV)" round 17. Besides my legendary RQ90 Lamborghini I have just ultrarares.

just on a side note, stage 5 is pretty vanilla, dont even need to upgrade epics all the way through, just a bunch of maxed URs
  • TJCTJC Posts: 54 ✭✭
    D3nzello said:

just on a side note, stage 5 is pretty vanilla, dont even need to upgrade epics all the way through, just a bunch of maxed URs

pretty vanilla? I have to spend about 400k in game cash to get either a second blue beetle or a black rex for round 6 :'(

• bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    Opened 4 CotW CFs so far and highest rq is 60 which is a duplicate. Absolute rubbish, cannot complete challenges, demoralising…

grumpy moan over 
    TJC said:
    D3nzello said:

pretty vanilla? I have to spend about 400k in game cash to get either a second blue beetle or a black rex for round 6 :'(

yeah well, at least you can grind clubs for cash with way bigger chance to get a rare instead of an epic lol
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    Has anyone found a combination that works for Part 5, Round 6 which doesn't use the uncommon beetle (or duplicates)?
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    D3nzello said:

Thanks for the hint but I am still lacking an epic, which could be upgraded and I do not want to try my luck on the CFs.
    TJC said:
    D3nzello said:

rkoralle gave the hint some posts above yours. The blue beetle can be won in the yellowbird challenge California 1.
    Has anyone found a combination that works for Part 5, Round 6 that doesn't use the uncommon beetle (or duplicates)?

The RQ15 Subaru Rex 969 beats the leggie on rainy slalom. But I think you will need at least one uncommon beetle.
    By the way, after round 6 it was easy to get the Ariel. I have no leggie and only one fully upgraded epic.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    Weird question, but we should have 10 events COTW II, right ? 

Don't recall skipping one, and only 4 have finished, correct ?
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    Weird question, but we should have 10 events COTW II, right ? 

Don't recall skipping one, and only 4 have finished, correct ?

Yes 4 events done and 4 "fossils" awarded so far. Fly like an eagle is the 5th one.
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Yeah the cotw event got me stuck on safari tour 18 getting wrecked and the sad thing is I placed 1st place on the daily cotw event twice and can't even beat the second challenge event now I'm out of stuff to do again so you either get stuck or blow through these challenges in less time given. 

*Posted this in the stagnant discussion as well 
    I've tried a lot of combinations now and it does seem like Part 5, Round 6 is unwinnable without the uncommon beetle or duplicates. 

I'm not keen on upgrading duplicates of cars that get so little use I've only upgraded the first copy for this challenge. I guess I'll give it a while and then bite the bullet on a second rare beetle. 
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    I've tried a lot of combinations now and it does seem like Part 5, Round 6 is unwinnable without the uncommon beetle or duplicates. 

I'm not keen on upgrading duplicates of cars that get so little use I've only upgraded the first copy for this challenge. I guess I'll give it a while and then bite the bullet on a second rare beetle. 
    here's a few options

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, only the Common Rex (grey) or the Uncommon Beetle win the slalom
    Kcray said:

here's a few options

I'm using RQ42 Beetle, Puma, Beetle Convertible and Rex, and have 39 RQ spare so the RSi doesn't help unless it wins something by 100 points - I suspect the Super Rare mustangs could also win twisty circuit if I had the RQ to spare. 

Unfortunately there only seem to be four cars under RQ40 that can win anything and I'm missing the one that'd give the greatest freedom in RQ for the other slots. 

I have every other car that qualifies for this round. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 48-hour gap between COTW events ending seems strangely placed. For those that are able to complete the challenges quickly, it's two whole days of no progress.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    Stuck at Round 17 of Wild Weather (IV), like many I guess.

The maxed epic Porsche GTS on first race is a nice middle finger. Not only do we need to be lucky enough with CF packs to pull minimum an Epic (before maxing it basically), but not even all Epics (and Legs?!) can beat that Porsche! So need to be EXTREMELY lucky. Pfff.

Now apparently the Ariel Nomad on next stage looks more **** than it looks like apparently, not sure it worth too much effort in the end:

Post edited by Yama_san on
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ comparing it to the Raptor and Colorado
    Yama_san said:

The maxed epic Porsche GTS on first race is a nice middle finger. Not only do we need to be lucky enough with CF packs to pull minimum an Epic (before maxing it basically), but not even all Epics (and Legs?!) can beat that Porsche! So need to be EXTREMELY lucky. Pfff.
      also I have a feeling that on stage 6 round 13 you will need AT LEAST 1 of the raptors, most likely 2...could be somewhat of a needle eye just like round 17.

• willcf15willcf15 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    D3nzello said:
    Yama_san said:

also I have a feeling that on stage 6 round 13 you will need AT LEAST 1 of the raptors, most likely 2...could be somewhat of a needle eye just like round 17.

Requiring two of two specific A-classes would be very poor challenge design in my opinion. Assuming you didn't have any at the start of the challenge, you would have to open 119 COTW2 CF packs to have a 90% chance of pulling any combination of two raptors (so either 2 of the RQ74, 2 of the RQ 69, or one each). This would require ~190,000 gold, equating to ~$1490 of real world cash (USD) (this is at the $100 package rate, so I suppose $1500 is the real number), and there's still a 10% chance you don't get what you need. Here's to hoping that's not the case, cause that would certainly end my challenge lol

Edit: rounding error
  • CWRulesCWRules Posts: 10 ✭✭
    TJC said:
    Has anyone found a combination that works for Part 5, Round 6 that doesn't use the uncommon beetle (or duplicates)?

The RQ15 Subaru Rex 969 beats the leggie on rainy slalom. But I think you will need at least one uncommon beetle.
    The RQ15 Rex doesn't have the COTW tag for me, and no update for the app is available. What the heck?
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The RQ15 Rex doesn't have the COTW tag for me, and no update for the app is available. What the heck?
    There is another RQ15 Rex with COTW tag.

Which one?
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    Jay said:

Which one?
    Cadillac, enjoy it for the both of us this event was a miss for me not gonna spend on it and I'm happy I didn't