Skip to content

Call of the Wild II Challenges

13

Comments

  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:


    Which one?
    Cadillac, enjoy it for the both of us this event was a miss for me not gonna spend on it and I'm happy I didn't 
    I haven't spent any gold on it at all. Didn't buy any of the deals. Was just fortunate to have a decent COTW garage. 

    I know the Caddy is decent but I have better S class US cars and there are 5 S Cadillacs in the game. 3 from packs. Maserati has 2 S class and both are prize cars. 
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    Jay said:


    Which one?
    Cadillac, enjoy it for the both of us this event was a miss for me not gonna spend on it and I'm happy I didn't 
    I haven't spent any gold on it at all. Didn't buy any of the deals. Was just fortunate to have a decent COTW garage. 

    I know the Caddy is decent but I have better S class US cars and there are 5 S Cadillacs in the game. 3 from packs. Maserati has 2 S class and both are prize cars. 
    Porsche or the Maserati or flip a coin 😂
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    I kept upgrading those rare beetles and did a second fuse to the stingray, so i got the ariel.
    RQ wise my best offroad tyred car so far, happy with it.

    Now i am stuck at round VI-11, is there any hope for me if i do 1-2 fuses into the 2nd cayman or should i let it go?
    Is it becoming even harder?





  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    willcf15 said:
    Requiring two of two specific A-classes would be very poor challenge design in my opinion. Assuming you didn't have any at the start of the challenge, you would have to open 119 COTW2 CF packs to have a 90% chance of pulling any combination of two raptors (so either 2 of the RQ74, 2 of the RQ 69, or one each). This would require ~190,000 gold, equating to ~$1490 of real world cash (USD) (this is at the $100 package rate, so I suppose $1500 is the real number), and there's still a 10% chance you don't get what you need. Here's to hoping that's not the case, cause that would certainly end my challenge lol

    Edit: rounding error

    yeah turns out you only 1 for that mixed monaco track
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if I have chance at round 16 &17?
    Can the Boss beat some cars?

    This is how my garage looks like:
    Lambo @ 333
    Viper @ 399
    Viper @ 333
    Boss @ 666
    Cayman @ 666



    I have some spare URs left to fuse but would not want to waste them all if I need to max all my epics.



  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    Oh my... ill safe my ur cars and wont try anymore...
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've got the blue guara, that wins race 3 and 5 on the final stage if it's 323
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    Jay said:


    Which one?
    Cadillac, enjoy it for the both of us this event was a miss for me not gonna spend on it and I'm happy I didn't 
    I haven't spent any gold on it at all. Didn't buy any of the deals. Was just fortunate to have a decent COTW garage. 

    I know the Caddy is decent but I have better S class US cars and there are 5 S Cadillacs in the game. 3 from packs. Maserati has 2 S class and both are prize cars. 
    Porsche or the Maserati or flip a coin 😂

    think Im going for the merdeces since it COULD be used for a tri-series finals one day lol
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    If you've got the blue guara, that wins race 3 and 5 on the final stage if it's 323
    Thanks for the info! Made mine 233 though.... :(
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    D3nzello said:
    willcf15 said:
    Requiring two of two specific A-classes would be very poor challenge design in my opinion. Assuming you didn't have any at the start of the challenge, you would have to open 119 COTW2 CF packs to have a 90% chance of pulling any combination of two raptors (so either 2 of the RQ74, 2 of the RQ 69, or one each). This would require ~190,000 gold, equating to ~$1490 of real world cash (USD) (this is at the $100 package rate, so I suppose $1500 is the real number), and there's still a 10% chance you don't get what you need. Here's to hoping that's not the case, cause that would certainly end my challenge lol

    Edit: rounding error

    yeah turns out you only 1 for that mixed monaco track
    Noted. I'm still hosed cause I have 0, but that's at least better. In unrelated news, I thought it would have made sense to make this challenge easier than previous ones because

    -Offering multiple possible prizes means that no 1 car becomes too ubiquitous
    -None of them are incredibly good

    But it seems you need at least 5 (ish?) fused epics or legendaries, which I believe is the most of any temporary tag challenge so far

    I normally try not to whine too much about P2W in this game, but in cases like this, I feel like I have to say something. This is the only mobile game I'm aware of that after years of consistent play (~3 in my case, been playing since public release), you're likely to have to spend a significant amount of real world money (not just in-game resources) to get the main prize of a PvE event. 
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone own the Maserati MC12 Stradale and the Cadillac Cien? Which one do you get more use out of?
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    willcf15 said:
    Noted. I'm still hosed cause I have 0, but that's at least better. In unrelated news, I thought it would have made sense to make this challenge easier than previous ones because

    -Offering multiple possible prizes means that no 1 car becomes too ubiquitous
    -None of them are incredibly good

    But it seems you need at least 5 (ish?) fused epics or legendaries, which I believe is the most of any temporary tag challenge so far

    I normally try not to whine too much about P2W in this game, but in cases like this, I feel like I have to say something. This is the only mobile game I'm aware of that after years of consistent play (~3 in my case, been playing since public release), you're likely to have to spend a significant amount of real world money (not just in-game resources) to get the main prize of a PvE event. 

    well, on the other hand those cotw packs have good cars in it, unlike regular tri-series you might get actual rides that are useful and make sense upgrading...me myself had to sacrifice 21 URs for upgrades, but those were well invested upgrades into epics that will help me in the future as well.

    having said that (if you werent lucky enough to pull cotw epics/leg. beforehand) the end-rewards _basically_ equal the amount of cash and fuse materials that you usually have to invest for regular prize car event, only difference is that you dont have to nailbite until the last second and dont face whales in the top 10.
    are those final rewards worth it? most likely not (compared to a bugatti chiron sport for example). but at least you upgraded very good vipers, stingrays, raptors or mustangs...

    also all mobile car/card games require you to spend real cash in order to compete. in this case I set my limit to 70-100 bucks a month since its pretty much the only game I play (no console, no PC games) due to work/time issues. Is it a waste? I guess so since its all virtual, but hey...all hobbys cost money and this is mine lol as sad as it may sound.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    Does anyone own the Maserati MC12 Stradale and the Cadillac Cien? Which one do you get more use out of?
    805 races on my Cien over 633 days.  However, I know that I used it when I didn't have the ME-412 in a decent number of events, where they both qualified.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    I came back to get the p1 gtr, which I did. Quite happy with that. Then thought I would stick around for COTW challenge, it has been fun until now. But yet again I am now facing a bottleneck I really dont understand. I mean what is the % of players that have a raptor? Cant be more than 0.1%. Odds of finding one in a CF are 1 to 50, 1 to 200? So basically this ‘not-so-good’ prize car ‘fun challenge’ is for the 0.1% of the player base that already have a raptor. Compare that with a normal tri-series where 2% of the players get a much better car. That’s like 20x more (maybe 50x or 100x more?).

    Someone please explain the logic.

    Anyway, this kind of thing is really what irritates me most about this game. Incomprehensible decisions, to be polite. And of course because I dont have a raptor lol.

    Also, even if I had one, with 3 stock legendaries and a bunch of good epics (half upgraded admittedly), I would still not be able to get the prize. Would need to put something like 15 URs / epics into fuse to make it. That sort of investment is the kind that got me the P1 GTR. It’s just a non-brainer that these prize cars are not worth the investment. Doesnt make much sense.

    Back to hibernation again, see you guys much later, hopefully never again, although doubtful :)


    edit: just did the math, hopefully correctly - there is roughly a 4% chance of getting a raptor from a cotw CF. This means you need to buy 25 CFs on average to get one. That’s 333 usd / eur / gbp. Unless someone can convince me otherwise I am slowly starting to view this challenge as a sort of cheat: make people believe they have a better chance since they dont have to face the tri-series madness, lower value cars offered (so logical tendency is to think it will be easier), but put 99x CFs up for sale… for when 99.9% of the players try their luck to get a raptor, until they realise they need to buy 25 CFs.

    edit 2:
    - from a player perspective, I would be curious to know if people enjoyed this more vs a tri-series. I myself enjoyed it more until I faced the realisation I described above. Now (like with the previous similar mechanic in the previous challenge), it is disgusting me to the point of halting playing
    - from a gameplay perspective, I would be interested to know what % of players got a prize car (to be compared with 2% for a tri-series)
    - from a business perspective, I would be curious to know how much more $ this yielded vs a tri-series (or perhaps less?)
    - from an ethical perspective, I have to strongly condemn such practices. Gaming addiction is a serious problem for many people. There is a reason casinos are heavily regulated in most countries. Significantly raising the difficulty / lowering odds to get the prize while simultaneously allowing people to spend a lot more money is basically akin to lowering the win rates while increasing ticket prices. A lot of poor people will be much poorer as a result.
    Post edited by TD42792 on
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    Someone please explain the logic.

    well, the maserati for example is one of a kind that you prolly wont see being handed out any time soon, if not in years to come lol
    in its niche its the best one, one could argue its a difference maker to get you a ceramic pack for some event....also lol.

    actually thinking about it youre prolly right...then again, at least Im left behind with good, upgraded cars, unlike those ***** req. lately where you waste 18 URs+ into complete trash galores only so you can EVENTUALLY get (with the tri-series prize car) a ceramic from regular events as well...either way Id rather chose this cotw path.

    Also I dont think Hutch will change its path where you gotta upgrade RQ65 Volkswagen, RQ68 Infinitys or RQ71 acuras for the finals.
    Personally I quit participating in those kind of finals, regardless how good the prize car is...this kind of pyrrus victory is not my thing.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    TD42792 said:
    I mean what is the % of players that have a raptor? Cant be more than 0.1%. 

    One in a thousand? So if you ran a tri-series final requiring US off-roaders you'd only expect to see one person with a raptor in every other bracket? 

    The raptor has been in game for a long time, and is a useful car so it's unlikely to have gotten fused. I'd expect it to be at least 10% - certainly of players who have gotten that far. 

    I have three raptors, but looking at off road non-prize epics generally I have 40% of them so if they picked a random epic off-roader I'd have a 40% chance of having it.  Looking at epics with all surface tyres I have 19 of 29 so I haven't just been lucky with off-road tyres.  And I'm only very rarely a tri-series final winner, most of my prize cars are from challenges. 


    I'm in a more frustrating position than you - I have the cars but they don't qualify. My Mustang GT4 and Mustang GT-R were both left out despite other mustangs being included, while my slightly higher RQ vipers fall foul of the epic requirement. As if low RQ legendaries being useless in events wasn't bad enough.



    ...and I've just seen the Ram Rebel is up for grabs at the weekend, which is a COTW off-roader. Some people get all the luck. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    TD42792 said:
    I mean what is the % of players that have a raptor? Cant be more than 0.1%. 

    One in a thousand? So if you ran a tri-series final requiring US off-roaders you'd only expect to see one person with a raptor in every other bracket? 

    The raptor has been in game for a long time, and is a useful car so it's unlikely to have gotten fused. I'd expect it to be at least 10% - certainly of players who have gotten that far. 

    I have three raptors, but looking at off road non-prize epics generally I have 40% of them so if they picked a random epic off-roader I'd have a 40% chance of having it.  Looking at epics with all surface tyres I have 19 of 29 so I haven't just been lucky with off-road tyres.  And I'm only very rarely a tri-series final winner, most of my prize cars are from challenges. 


    I'm in a more frustrating position than you - I have the cars but they don't qualify. My Mustang GT4 and Mustang GT-R were both left out despite other mustangs being included, while my slightly higher RQ vipers fall foul of the epic requirement. As if low RQ legendaries being useless in events wasn't bad enough.



    ...and I've just seen the Ram Rebel is up for grabs at the weekend, which is a COTW off-roader. Some people get all the luck. 
    Interesting way to look at it. You’re most likely right, my gut feel would say c. 20-30 people in a bracket would have a raptor. So probably more like 4-6%?

    First part of my argumentation is then weaker, I will happily recognise that. Still it means that the prize car is only available to 5% (or 10% if we take your estimate) of the players TO START WITH. The challenge has been designed with a barrier to entry excluding at least 90% of the players…

    And as you point out with your own situation, I will still maintain that overall the bar is higher here to get the prize car, vs a tri-series. Whether it is due to requiring a raptor (like me), or need for the few good leggies / epics (like you), or need to have a very broad upgraded low-end garage. Seems to me the combined obstacles make it much harder.

    I would still expect much less than 2% of the players getting a prize car here, and for the few who get it to have spent way more gold / real money than in a tri-series.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    I do have 5 COTW legendaries, including the best lambos, so I may well be fine if I can get past the epic section. I'm stalled on round 11 at the moment, although I could pass it if I upgrade a Mustang PP for the first race. I'm waiting to see if I get a second Guara or better epic because spending fuse material on an unremarkable RQ65 epic that could be downgraded in future is something I'd rather avoid.

    I suspect the One-77 challenge was harder, that's the only one I haven't managed so far (hellcat, bleurgh). Perhaps the 205 Rally one as well. 

    They have been getting harder over time but that's only to be expected as people's garages grow. This one might be slightly too hard for a mid-80s legendary, but there seem seem to be a lot of AF cars knocking around so I guess a lot of people put their resources into them and the AF vipers are more common than you'd expect from their newnesss.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    Agree to disagree. I feel like this is the hardest challenge so far by a wide margin, because of all of these hurdles together. For lesser prize cars. But that’s ok because there are 99x CFs available to purchase…

    Btw a maxed ram rebel doesnt win the mixed hairpin on round 10. Looses by 0.10s :smile:

    edit: was talking about the UR ram. I can now see there is rumour of the epic ram as a prize over the week end… like they’re trying to apologise (or make it even more of an absolute slaughter for this anniversary event rather)
    Post edited by TD42792 on
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s round 11 like?
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:

    - from a player perspective, I would be curious to know if people enjoyed this more vs a tri-series. I myself enjoyed it more until I faced the realisation I described above. Now (like with the previous similar mechanic in the previous challenge), it is disgusting me to the point of halting playing

    I really really dislike tri-series right now. I do not like or enjoy one aspect of it.

    - Ridiculous niche events and requirements
    - Prelims & Qualifying prize cars that are often zero use in the finals
    - Collusion still there but now being shielded by ambiguous wording
    - All for a prize car that is often over-hyped and oversold, but is little use down the line (looking at you Citroen GT)*


    * occasionally there are exceptions
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    D3nzello said:

    well, on the other hand those cotw packs have good cars in it, unlike regular tri-series you might get actual rides that are useful and make sense upgrading...me myself had to sacrifice 21 URs for upgrades, but those were well invested upgrades into epics that will help me in the future as well.

    having said that (if you werent lucky enough to pull cotw epics/leg. beforehand) the end-rewards _basically_ equal the amount of cash and fuse materials that you usually have to invest for regular prize car event, only difference is that you dont have to nailbite until the last second and dont face whales in the top 10.
    are those final rewards worth it? most likely not (compared to a bugatti chiron sport for example). but at least you upgraded very good vipers, stingrays, raptors or mustangs...

    also all mobile car/card games require you to spend real cash in order to compete. in this case I set my limit to 70-100 bucks a month since its pretty much the only game I play (no console, no PC games) due to work/time issues. Is it a waste? I guess so since its all virtual, but hey...all hobbys cost money and this is mine lol as sad as it may sound.
    TLDR: read the bold bit

    I suppose that is one way to look at it. Thanks for offering your perspective. I personally can't really justify spending more than ~$10/year on microtransaction-based games, particularly loot-crate based ones, because I feel like the spending is more for temporary, immediate gratification than it is for an experience. For example, I'd spend 50 dollars on the temporary experience of something like a concert or a theme park because it (1) creates memories that I cherish and (2) I know what I'm getting. 

    That said, I obviously don't think my feelings are the only right answer here - what makes me happy and what makes you happy are different, and as long as we're both happy with our choices, we're both right. The part that I want to dissect a little bit is this:

    >all mobile car/card games require you to spend real cash in order to compete. 

    My experience is that you often have to spend money to compete at the highest level of PVP. I know it sounds like I'm nit-picking, but hear me out.

    Every other mobile game I've played (YuGiOh Duel Links, Raid - Shadow of Legends, Pokemon Go) allowed you to get the vast majority of exclusive rewards without spending money.  To compete at the highest level of PVP in Raid, you definitely had to spend a little money. However, in all three games, It was easily possible to get nearly all the rewards from events (even PvP events) just by playing them as long as you'd invested 3-6 months in the game building up your profile. 

    I guess my point here is not that I should be able to win all the prize cars from PVP events, or be a whale on a PVP level. It's that this is the only mobile game I've played that requires me to spend money to get PvE-event-exclusive rewards after investing a large chunk of time into the game.

    Further, it's not like the prizes from this (or even PVP events) will make me competitive on their own - I'd have to spend a ton of money to get a sea of lower-class cars to fuse into them, not to mention that many big events require cars without the "prize car" tag. Maybe another way to put this is that, the way this game is designed, they could be much more generous with prize cars and still retain stratification and reasons to spend money between the paying players and free players through other mechanics. I think the degree to which Hutch separates the non- and low-spending players from high-spending players is excessive, especially considering the quantity of money required to earn and maintain top-tier status, and that the time/money balance is skewed very much in the direction of money relative to other microtransaction-based games I've played.

    Maybe I should start a thread called "constructive whining" lol. Then again, I pretty much did that back when the game first came out and the Hutch team was much more accessible, and it didn't really do much then, so I can't imagine I'd have too much success now...
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    edit: was talking about the UR ram. I can now see there is rumour of the epic ram as a prize over the week end… like they’re trying to apologise (or make it even more of an absolute slaughter for this anniversary event rather)
    No rumour, it's an official announcement.

    They haven't said what the format will be though. It could be anything from top 30 in a 100 player event, to top 10 in a 500 player event. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which bottleneck is this?  I don't recall using a Raptor in the challenge.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Which bottleneck is this?  I don't recall using a Raptor in the challenge.
    Mixed monaco hairpin on round 10 vs 969 mustang svt cobra r.
    Perhaps you used a maxed stingray? Only non-off road car that can beat it afaik
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    I want to say I used a Boss Mustang ( 0:43.35 @ 969 )
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I want to say I used a Boss Mustang ( 0:43.35 @ 969 )
    Time to beat is 42:83
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    I want to say I used a Boss Mustang ( 0:43.35 @ 969 )
    Time to beat is 42:83
    Hmmm....I'm like 95% sure I didn't use a Raptor, and my Vette is only 333.  Let me poke through my garage.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    edit: was talking about the UR ram. I can now see there is rumour of the epic ram as a prize over the week end… like they’re trying to apologise (or make it even more of an absolute slaughter for this anniversary event rather)
    No rumour, it's an official announcement.

    They haven't said what the format will be though. It could be anything from top 30 in a 100 player event, to top 10 in a 500 player event. 
    Love how it's 'official' but nobody official has announced it on the web forums yet. I had no idea why it was a 10 year anniversary (Top Drives isn't that old!) until another player told me what was said on the official Discord. Terrible communications as per usual.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    I want to say I used a Boss Mustang ( 0:43.35 @ 969 )
    Time to beat is 42:83
    I used one of these (pretty sure the A77)

    A78 Black Viper 0:42.63 @ 699
    A77 Viper Concept 0:42.78 @ 699
Sign In or Register to comment.