Skip to content

Ranking list - Championship

frederic56frederic56 Posts: 25
edited July 23 in General Discussion
Hi Hutch and Top Drives players. :)
I used to be a strong player on another game (Virtual Regatta) where there is a ranking table accessible listing all players. 
Having a such list creates a kind of "world championship", with best players being invited on YouTube players channels and so on, and creating a cool worldwide environment of long term real competition.
Also, even as an "average player", it's great to know where I stand. On Top Drives, I don't have any clue at all... Am I the 10.000 in the list? Or 1.000.000? How many players actually play the game? Where do I stand?
Also, in this other game, I can easily filter full world, or just my country, or even just my city (if I filled the data in my profile). Then I can see that actually 124 players are registered in my city, and I'm ranked 26, not that bad! I can do better!

Having a such feature gives a total new perspective of a game, and a real Goal... That so far I totally miss here. Ok, 1 day I will get my yellowbird. Just a question of time. And then what? Why am I still playing?
Having a real strong lead time goal is good for players, and good for the game owners of course (more competition, more money money money).

Not reinventing the wheel right... That's what is done in any other game ( real sport or Esport. Championship, ranking, competition).

Is a such thing has been ever considered?
Could be quite simple, simply based on full garage $ value for example, reflecting the value of a collection... Top Drives being basically a collection game.
This must has been for sure discussed, but I didn't find any records, and I can't find a reason why a such championship is not yet implemented.

Your thought? :smile:
Post edited by frederic56 on

Comments

• bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having a such list creates a kind of "world championship", with best players being invited on YouTube players channels and so on, and creating a cool worldwide environment of long term real competition.

Could be quite simple, simply based on full garage $ value for example, reflecting the value of a collection... Top Drives being basically a collection game.

This must has been for sure discussed, but I didn't find any records, and I can't find a reason why a such championship is not yet implemented.

It would effectively be a list of who has spent the most on the game.
    Not sure those players or indeed Hutch would want that to be made available and known.
  • frederic56frederic56 Posts: 25
    edited July 23
    Why?
    It's exactly the same in any other sport.
    Who invested the most money/time/energy + a little bit of "talent" + a little bit of luck is top in the list, that's obvious. Like any other sport.
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 102 ✭✭

It would effectively be a list of who has spent the most on the game.
    Not sure those players or indeed Hutch would want that to be made available and known.
    Agree, this is a nice feature for competitive games that involve skill. Top drives doesn’t have that unless you count choosing between a 996,969 or 699 fuse as a skill.. but in reality it would just show the richness of certain people 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever come across an good example of a leaderboard based on accumulated points. With different starting points and effort levels they just don't work. 

Active rankings can be more interesting, especially if they're tracked over time. In top drives that'd probably be average finishing position.  Rocket league's season rankings are probably the best example I've come across, where you get rank themed cosmetic items at the end of each season so you can look at the older ones and see how you've improved. 
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited July 23
    That's why I went back to yugioh duel links because of the competition and engagment on world competitive level on YouTube twitch and all that, and they are not stingy with rewards and great login rewards and giving free stuff just for doing anything