Skip to content

X-mas in July Challenge

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 28 in General Discussion
Going live soon in Top Drives is a new Challenge reminiscent of good old Christmas Holidays spent playing your favourite game.

Compete in three bad weather Events, all ending at 2pm BST, and win cars, cash, and packs to help you progress in the Challenge. Beat all rounds in the  X-Mas In July Challenge to unlock a choice of three prizes, including: 

- Bentley Continental GT 2006   
- BMW M5 2016  
- Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattrovalvole 1985

Good luck!
Post edited by Hutch_Dmitri on

Comments

• Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    We miss a filter for SUVs in the garage/global list of cars.  :/
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    This one?

edited July 28
    HeissRod said:
    Yama_san said:
    This one?

Ah damn, that fiter is wrongly called "4x4" in the French version of the game, that's why I missed it.

@Hutch_Dmitri
    To be added to translations fixes if you can.
    ("SUV" is definitely good in French too).
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited July 29
    Now I am imagining
    - Filter: Body Style "4x4"
    and
    - Filter: Drivetrain "FWD"
    Something is wrong here. :D
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair iirc people in france refer to suvs as “4 4” (quatre quatre), I never heard the term suv.
    Maybe it’s changes now though
    TD42792 said:
    To be fair iirc people in france refer to suvs as “4 4” (quatre quatre), I never heard the term suv.
    Maybe it’s changes now though

When was last time you been in France? lol

All medias, ads and TV shows talk about "SUV" now.
    Few examples:

One of the most famous weekly magazine
    Countless articles about SUVs advertized on its front pages. Only from the last 6 months:
    "La guerre des petits SUV haut de gamme" ; "Top 30 des SUV essence les plus sobres" (Feb)
    "Les SUV sont-ils trop chers" ; "SUV coupés, la déferlante" (May)
    "Voici le futur SUV de Peugeot" (June)
    "Spécial SUV" (July)

One of the most famous TV show (kind of Top Gear)
    https://video-streaming.orange.fr/autres/essai-du-suv-maserati-levante-emission-turbo-du-13-11-2016-CNT000000xaT1c.html
    "Nouveauté : Maserati Levante - Un SUV classe et sportif"

TV ad: "SUV Mazda - Elegance et caractère"

TV ad: "Skoda Enyaq - Le SUV 100% électrique"

etc. etc.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    I concur. SUV is used.

4x4 is used too... but it's more for rugged offroad cars. And it is not correct (Subaru are 4x4, but nobody calls them like this in France) 

For French Speaker, 4x4 a plus une notion de franchisseur, j'appelle pas un Ignis un 4x4, par contre un defender ...

• TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

If that could come with what had been said on a more precise discussion, it would be awesome @Hutch_Dmitri

Et oui clairement, pour l'ignis, même l'appellation suv... je bloque un peu. Un G63 fait un bon 4x4 aussi non ?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha lol, yeah it’s been a long time I havent been in france… back then suvs did not exist yet
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 359 admin

If that could come with what had been said on a more precise discussion, it would be awesome @Hutch_Dmitri

Et oui clairement, pour l'ignis, même l'appellation suv... je bloque un peu. Un G63 fait un bon 4x4 aussi non ?

Thanks, I will let the localisation manager know so he can review this line.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    Going live soon in Top Drives is a new Challenge reminiscent of good old Christmas Holidays spent playing your favourite game.

Compete in three bad weather Events, all ending at 2pm BST, and win cars, cash, and packs to help you progress in the Challenge. Beat all rounds in the  X-Mas In July Challenge to unlock a choice of three prizes, including: 

- BMW M5 2016  

Good luck!
    Which one do you think is the best choice? I already have a 333 countach and 669 M5 (super good when it was mid height, now barely used...)
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

Two things from this screenshot : 

- was the HUGE difference of level between the hand requirement of rounds 28 29 and 30 deliberated ? We are talking about having 2 B class ameliorated 2 times, anyyone who has played the game for 3 months has these, and two rounds later having 2 A class out of 28 (first you have to be lucky enough to pull them) ameliorated two times each. I find this a bit harsh but anyway 

- the filter says that I can enter it but I actually can't, I don't know how Hutch messed it up but they surely did : 

It's 333... and when I try to enter it it says I can't of course 
    That "number of fuses" requirement filter doesn't work actually, it keeps all car for me too, I have to "exclude" the cars myself or I get the error message of course.
    Not sure if that bug was already reported?
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    Yeah I would've completed this if the fuses weren't an issue I'm at 1 star on 26 race because most of my below 6 seconds vehicles are B and up and my suvs got majored shelved for months, cause you know they hardly participated lol

PS. Still a fun event with the SUV'S
    Post edited by BlackXWulf on
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:

- BMW M5 2016  

Good luck!
    Which one do you think is the best choice? I already have a 333 countach and 669 M5 (super good when it was mid height, now barely used...)
    No clue? Probably they are all dust-collecting cars, untill a specific event, unkown, will make them key cars... 
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    rei348 said:

- BMW M5 2016  

Good luck!
    No clue? Probably they are all dust-collecting cars, untill a specific event, unkown, will make them key cars... 

Yeah, I'm deliberating as well. I feel like it's about equal as long as you take one that you don't have. In my specific case:

-The Continental looks the worst by far. Not that good for its year, gets beat in a straight line by many things at its RQ, has 4WD but mediocre handling and high weight means it won't be that good on rainy twisties, and there are many similar bentleys that are just better, of which I have several.
    -Decent argument for the M5 for me because my saloon hand is very bad. Also low risk of dropping to a lower class from 71 RQ.
    -The Countach looks good overall - it's an 80's car on performance tires, which puts it in solid shape for wet drags and just general usefulness. Only real downside is that an RQ of 66 means that it's not impossible that it drops to B class depending on the strength of cars introduced in the next couple updates.