Skip to content

I.D. R Pikes Peak Finals - 90s (Event)

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
     
«1

Comments

  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9
    Weird packs leading into this event. We've got:

    * JPT Elite CF Bundle
         + Guaranteed brand variety
         + comes with 25 slots and some cash

         - Infiniti pulls are meh, there's no legendary and only a couple worthwhile epics out of many
         - No Suzuki, which has easily the strongest epics and UR's on average
         - No guarantee that these cards will be useful in the impeding finals or even near future with the current specificity of events

    * JPT CF Bundle
         + Comes with 10 slots and some cash
         + Can drop Suzukis
         + The additional second slot chance means this pack is worth more than 1/3 of the elite pack

         - Only 2 available
         - Overall quality of cars within each tier for this update is mediocre, with only a few objective "bests" and
            the rest strictly worse due to lack of performance fingerprint variety
         - No guarantee that these cards will be useful in the impeding finals or even near future with the current specificity of events

    * JPT 90's CFs
         + 3% chance of the best car in the update (R390 GT1 is the only possible legendary) (!!!!)
         + That top point gets another bullet because it's huge. That car isn't just good within this update, but also in Japan and
             the 90's as a whole, and all the other legendaries within this update are significantly worse
         + Anything you pull is guaranteed to immediately be useful for a good prize car

         +/- The spread of the rest of the cars is just okay, with one or two key epics out of 7 and 2-3 key URs out of 8,
                but this loosely reflects the overall ratio of the update

         - Does not come with any slots or cash, so if you don't get lucky there's no consolation prize/general progress

    Very tough decisions for my limited gold. Players willing to buy all the 90's packs, on the other hand, have a 36.5% chance of pulling an R390 (and a ~7% chance of pulling 2 or more!), making them more or less unbeatable in any event where this car is allowed.

    From a game balance perspective, I find it a very questionable decision to make the best car in the update so accessible immediately after release, especially considering this level of accessibility will likely not occur again for quite some time.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    here's a start
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can guess at the translations  :D
  • return1return1 Posts: 33 ✭✭
    willcf15 said:
    Weird packs leading into this event. We've got:

    * JPT Elite CF Bundle
         + Guaranteed brand variety
         + comes with 25 slots and some cash

         - Infiniti pulls are meh, there's no legendary and only a couple worthwhile epics out of many
         - No Suzuki, which has easily the strongest epics and UR's on average
         - No guarantee that these cards will be useful in the impeding finals or even near future with the current specificity of events

    * JPT CF Bundle
         + Comes with 10 slots and some cash
         + Can drop Suzukis
         + The additional second slot chance means this pack is worth more than 1/3 of the elite pack

         - Only 2 available
         - Overall quality of cars within each tier for this update is mediocre, with only a few objective "bests" and
            the rest strictly worse due to lack of performance fingerprint variety
         - No guarantee that these cards will be useful in the impeding finals or even near future with the current specificity of events

    * JPT 90's CFs
         + 3% chance of the best car in the update (R390 GT1 is the only possible legendary) (!!!!)
         + That top point gets another bullet because it's huge. That car isn't just good within this update, but also in Japan and
             the 90's as a whole, and all the other legendaries within this update are significantly worse
         + Anything you pull is guaranteed to immediately be useful for a good prize car

         +/- The spread of the rest of the cars is just okay, with one or two key epics out of 7 and 2-3 key URs out of 8,
                but this loosely reflects the overall ratio of the update

         - Does not come with any slots or cash, so if you don't get lucky there's no consolation prize/general progress

    Very tough decisions for my limited gold. Players willing to buy all the 90's packs, on the other hand, have a 36.5% chance of pulling an R390 (and a ~7% chance of pulling 2 or more!), making them more or less unbeatable in any event where this car is allowed.

    From a game balance perspective, I find it a very questionable decision to make the best car in the update so accessible immediately after release, especially considering this level of accessibility will likely not occur again for quite some time.
    Having pulled only one worst epic from 15 JPT90 CF I feel your word… no progress at all and I don’t remember the last final I had to put on URs….
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    Is it a slow day today? Where's the tracksets? 
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    In English 

  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second Suzuki or Evo?


  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    return1 said:
    willcf15 said:
    Weird packs leading into this event. We've got:

    * JPT Elite CF Bundle
         + Guaranteed brand variety
         + comes with 25 slots and some cash

         - Infiniti pulls are meh, there's no legendary and only a couple worthwhile epics out of many
         - No Suzuki, which has easily the strongest epics and UR's on average
         - No guarantee that these cards will be useful in the impeding finals or even near future with the current specificity of events

    * JPT CF Bundle
         + Comes with 10 slots and some cash
         + Can drop Suzukis
         + The additional second slot chance means this pack is worth more than 1/3 of the elite pack

         - Only 2 available
         - Overall quality of cars within each tier for this update is mediocre, with only a few objective "bests" and
            the rest strictly worse due to lack of performance fingerprint variety
         - No guarantee that these cards will be useful in the impeding finals or even near future with the current specificity of events

    * JPT 90's CFs
         + 3% chance of the best car in the update (R390 GT1 is the only possible legendary) (!!!!)
         + That top point gets another bullet because it's huge. That car isn't just good within this update, but also in Japan and
             the 90's as a whole, and all the other legendaries within this update are significantly worse
         + Anything you pull is guaranteed to immediately be useful for a good prize car

         +/- The spread of the rest of the cars is just okay, with one or two key epics out of 7 and 2-3 key URs out of 8,
                but this loosely reflects the overall ratio of the update

         - Does not come with any slots or cash, so if you don't get lucky there's no consolation prize/general progress

    Very tough decisions for my limited gold. Players willing to buy all the 90's packs, on the other hand, have a 36.5% chance of pulling an R390 (and a ~7% chance of pulling 2 or more!), making them more or less unbeatable in any event where this car is allowed.

    From a game balance perspective, I find it a very questionable decision to make the best car in the update so accessible immediately after release, especially considering this level of accessibility will likely not occur again for quite some time.
    Having pulled only one worst epic from 15 JPT90 CF I feel your word… no progress at all and I don’t remember the last final I had to put on URs….
    I am really baffled by these jpt 90s CFs.

    8 out of 9 possible URs are useless (all beaten by the long established evo iv), and 1 out of the 9 is completely dominant for 3 out 5 tracks.

    Then the epics: 5 out of 7 are useless, one is ok but beaten by the long term r34 that a lot of people have already maxed, and one is completely dominant.

    And then the legendaries: 2 are accepted in the final but you can only get one from the packs, which means everyone at the top will be running several with many upgrades…

    Talk about a crazy set up. The odds of pulling something useful are really low. Not sure it has ever been this bad. Guesstimate that it is like 10% chance of a useful pull. 9 out of 10 CFs sold are completely worthless, pretty much the same as buying a plastic.

    I call this a rip-off. I hope people spending real money realise that.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    Second Suzuki or Evo?


    Probably second Suzuki, but hard to tell without testing.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Second Suzuki or Evo?


    Probably second Suzuki, but hard to tell without testing.
    It would be surprising if the evo iv wins anything vs a c2 on the 3 twisties of each set.
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    I didn't wanna say it, but really, Hutch having these all dry tracksets that favors really only 3 JPT 90s cars, including one that's completely overpowered and that you have a decent chance of getting in a CF, combined with practically no compensation for this pack delay, combined with other cars that were handed out in finals being practically useless for this (not even just mediocre, they are literally not meant for these tracksets) is really telling. 
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    edited September 9
    Now, I'm not that much against the R390 GT1 being allowed. Its a good car and it'll certainly drive sales to get these 90s JPT packs for this. The problem arise where all other tracksets makes all other JPT cars barring the Suzuki C2 and Nissan Silvia JGTC absolutely useless. Y'all gave out Nissan Bluebirds with completely dry tracksets where even rares can beat it. Downright mistake from Hutch once again. 
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    They release one of the best cars in the game and gave us tracksets that's simply R390 (both of them) and Silvia land, all the while the cars given out outside of the top 2 tiers are useless. My god the greed. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9
    Alta said:
    .....practically no compensation for this pack delay... 
    I've gotta say...why is compensation needed for that?  Nothing in the game broke.  Packs were just not available for the new cars.  Compensation from game designers is typically done when something breaks the gameplay.
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    edited September 9
    Idk forcing us to wait nearly a week for the packs is a little iffy. I could've left that out but idk, some people wanted compensation for that fiasco, and I hold an indifferent position to it. 
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    edited September 9
    HeissRod said:
    Jay said:
    Second Suzuki or Evo?


    Probably second Suzuki, but hard to tell without testing.
    Anyway very nice that now you don't need to run the Evo 4, you got the R390 Road Car for that
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    Why should they offer packs?


  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    TD42792 said:
    I am really baffled by these jpt 90s CFs.

    8 out of 9 possible URs are useless (all beaten by the long established evo iv), and 1 out of the 9 is completely dominant for 3 out 5 tracks.

    Then the epics: 5 out of 7 are useless, one is ok but beaten by the long term r34 that a lot of people have already maxed, and one is completely dominant.

    And then the legendaries: 2 are accepted in the final but you can only get one from the packs, which means everyone at the top will be running several with many upgrades…

    Talk about a crazy set up. The odds of pulling something useful are really low. Not sure it has ever been this bad. Guesstimate that it is like 10% chance of a useful pull. 9 out of 10 CFs sold are completely worthless, pretty much the same as buying a plastic.

    I call this a rip-off. I hope people spending real money realise that.

    upgrading useless cars has been the mantra for TRIs for a long time, at least now you get em all in one pack lol
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3nzello said:
    TD42792 said:
    I am really baffled by these jpt 90s CFs.

    8 out of 9 possible URs are useless (all beaten by the long established evo iv), and 1 out of the 9 is completely dominant for 3 out 5 tracks.

    Then the epics: 5 out of 7 are useless, one is ok but beaten by the long term r34 that a lot of people have already maxed, and one is completely dominant.

    And then the legendaries: 2 are accepted in the final but you can only get one from the packs, which means everyone at the top will be running several with many upgrades…

    Talk about a crazy set up. The odds of pulling something useful are really low. Not sure it has ever been this bad. Guesstimate that it is like 10% chance of a useful pull. 9 out of 10 CFs sold are completely worthless, pretty much the same as buying a plastic.

    I call this a rip-off. I hope people spending real money realise that.

    upgrading useless cars has been the mantra for TRIs for a long time, at least now you get em all in one pack lol
    But that’s exactly the point, here there is even no way a mediocre upgraded epic beats the URs. I dont mind upgrading a rq 65 for a final if it edges against a UR, but with this final my two epic pulls would not even beat the URs if I maxed them. Mind you one is even rq 67.

    TD is the only game I know where pulling a higher rarity is actually a bad thing.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    true, and I really cant come up with any arguments at all, youre plain right.
    on the other hand we also need fuse material for legendarys, maybe this is what this update was meant for: straightup upgrade food till the real update comes end of the year :#
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    TD42792 said:

    Then the epics: 5 out of 7 are useless, one is ok but beaten by the long term r34 that a lot of people have already maxed, and one is completely dominant.
    Don't worry, that one "ok" Epic loses to the Evo 4 too, don't even need the R34
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    For those calcing the odds, well for every one that the odds work for there are people like me that they don’t.
    Saved 35k+ gold and 3mill cash. Purchased all elite and Cf pack plus a bunch of Jap premium packs.
    Zero legendary cars, 5 epics, 1 is decent, but the other 4 are the bottom four listed rq65 epics. Lots of URs of course, but mostly the lower rq ones. All SRs except any slick or off-road cars, how odd eh?
    Its almost like I’ve got a bad luck flag set!
    I should be competitive in the finals, I can push in T2 and remain there for a few seconds, but the bracket will overfill soon and as I am the only one around me without the necessary legendary I think T3 will be tough to cling to towards the end of the event.
    Such a shame, after 1258 consecutive days and saving for all the packs… tough to find a reason to play Top Drives after this event
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    edited September 11
    Yeah I'm disappointed with the first two weeks since this update. Immediate rush to hand out one of the best cars in the entire game, tracksets favoring greedy whales while simultaneously punishing those who reached a higher tier in prelims and punishing those that didn't get 3 specific cars from the packs, difficult tune-up where you'd need very specific cars to pass Rounds 14 and 16. Absolute maligned greed. 
    Post edited by Alta on
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Gatcha game ftw for hutch 😆😆😆 pimping ain't easy 
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a guy above me who’s pulled two of the legendaries, both 333. He’s running also a 333 epic and two non maxed URs. I can’t beat him because of the massive wins he gets on the drags with the legendary cars. 
    Imagine winning one of the best cars in the game with half upgraded URs
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53
    You could literally run rares and still run T3 fine because of the R390s. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    Moog said:
    Got a guy above me who’s pulled two of the legendaries, both 333. He’s running also a 333 epic and two non maxed URs. I can’t beat him because of the massive wins he gets on the drags with the legendary cars. 
    Imagine winning one of the best cars in the game with half upgraded URs
    Well, if that’s any comfort, I am in the opposite situation and it equally sucks.

    Had crazy luck pulling 2 r390 race cars in the various CFs, but I am getting screwed by half baked hands who run 3 c2s. Nothing I can do - I pulled 2 epics in the packs but no c2.

    So yeah, despite pulling the top car in the competition twice and several epics, there is a good chance I will not get the prize car because I did not pull the right UR. How f’ed up is that for a card game?

    I have nothing but contempt for whoever chose these tracks:
    - why choose all twisty tracks where the c2 is king? Should have had at least 1 or 2 where the c2 would be vulnerable to other cars. Probably city streets or wet would have solved it
    - obvious wrong hierarchy between gt1 race car and road car on test bowl. Test bowl should not have been in the event.

    I just dont know if it’s hutch being ignorant, dumb, or actually purposefully trying to get people to chase the 2-3 key cars. Probably a bit of everything if I had to guess.

    Really impossible as f2p. Even when you get insanely lucky you would still need to spend to win.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭


    Anyone with me? I'm trying to make a gap between T2 and T3 whenever I drop to 7th or below
  • AltaAlta Posts: 53

    I'll join sometime later today I guess
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    electric mra!
Sign In or Register to comment.