Skip to content

Rarity thresholds

TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just my garage or are cars piling up on each side of rarity thresholds because Hutch does not want cars to change rarity?
I have not counted but it really seems like I have tons of rq 65 epics for instance.

Comments

• willcf15willcf15 Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    I had been casually noticing this too, and it seems that this is indeed the case, particularly for A classes:

RQCars

Additionally, the distribution between numbers of the same rarity is way different than I would expect it to be. Before the RQ rebalance, each RQ step was almost perfectly evenly distributed. Now, there are weird cases like RQ 71 having 9/10 less than the two on either side of it. Either:

• There's something weird with the resolver
    • The results are being tampered with (more than just either end of A classes)
    • Cars are not being reassigned when the simulation is run and new cars are added (even cars with unchanged performance would often end up +/- an RQ or two based on how they compared to the performance fingerprint distribution of a new update - I see this happening much less now)
    • Some combination, or something I'm not thinking of
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭
    The 13 RQ78 is the weirdest part for me...
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird below that too:

64.       30
    63.       35
    62.       18
    61.       23
    60.       23
    59.       37
    58.       32
    57.       37
    56.       21

Can't really say much about the fact RQ63 and 64 are bloated when randomly RQ 57, 58 and 59 are too.

BUT Hutch are definitely holding back on movements. There are really, really obvious ones like the RQ64 Lancia 037 Rally which should be well into the Epics and the RQ64 Ford Edge Sport which should have high ride height and be well into the Epics.

It's nice if they've got a plan but how long is that plan going to take before it comes to fruition? Another 9 months? How long is the game going to be broken with all these lower RQ cars beating similar cars with a higher RQ? And because there are so many cars that need to move up or down a tier, how disruptive is that plan going to be to our garages?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite interesting.

Wondering if it’s perhaps worth doing a big re-shuffle, after all these years it seems the rq scaling has gone out of hands with so many cars misplaced.

If they go ahead with the ‘switch for equivalent rq’ swap when they change the rarities it seems there will be quite a few cars impacted. I still don’t see how this can be implemented without causing an unmanageable outcry by the way.

Still think having a gradual upgrade system would facilitate transitions (e.g. low end epics need 2 SRs + 1 UR to upgrade, mid epics need 1 SR + 2 URs, high end need 3 URs, low end legends need 2 URs + 1 epic etc.).
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are planning on doing Rarity changes but not until they implement a mechanism to do "Alike Swaps". They have stated they don't want people to keep the cars as they change rarity but rather replace them with a same rq/performance car, remove the one you had changing rarity, then change it's rarity.

You will have to try and collect it again after rarity change.

• bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    They are planning on doing Rarity changes but not until they implement a mechanism to do "Alike Swaps". They have stated they don't want people to keep the cars as they change rarity but rather replace them with a same rq/performance car, remove the one you had changing rarity, then change it's rarity.

Then they will probably have a main event where the key car(s) are some of those that have just been taken away. Because packs. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:

I understand this is their plan but boy they better ready for the uproar if they screw this up.

Imagine you just pulled your absolute favourite car in the world and a unicorn you've been chasing for three years – an Epic RQ79 at that – and Hutch goes and swaps it out for an RQ79 Bentley.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Jay said:

I understand this is their plan but boy they better ready for the uproar if they screw this up.

Imagine you just pulled your absolute favourite car in the world and a unicorn you've been chasing for three years – an Epic RQ79 at that – and Hutch goes and swaps it out for an RQ79 Bentley.
    Yeah I can see it upsetting a lot of people but they appear adamant about doing it that way. 

Lol watch everyone's superlights get taken off them. Bet that will go down well.
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    Jay said:
    O__VER said:
    Jay said:

Yeah I can see it upsetting a lot of people but they appear adamant about doing it that way. 

Lol watch everyone's superlights get taken off them. Bet that will go down well.
    :( 

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to this - a random shuffle of my garage built up over 4 years at the mercy of Hutch. What could go wrong? It's not like I've chosen which cars to upgrade carefully or anything
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    So that willl mean that they get a rq 82 maxed legendary, cause there are no rq82 epics?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheminee said:
    So that willl mean that they get a rq 82 maxed legendary, cause there are no rq82 epics?
    Good point. Still dont see how that’s going to work