Skip to content

Stop having trophy limits for event entry

after a couple events with no trophy limit I see it’s back.  Why?  What sense does it make to have people not able to participate in events?  Events are all you have after single player.  What else are we to do?

Comments

• Todd192Todd192 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    It is really disappointing...every event 5 people have positive trophy result and 100+ have negative. Ive never tried to drop trophies but because I have been playing for a few months I cannot enter the 1500+ events...but new players can
  • NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better this than a guy with full S team with 1000 trophies leading 50-0 ...
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Numar said:
    Better this than a guy with full S team with 1000 trophies leading 50-0 ...
    I disagree. There are lots of players who try their best but for whatever reason cannot even maintain their trophy counts (let alone increase it). Limiting events out of their reach is not fair towards them. And I don't think it works if you try to fight against smurfers either, they can just make sure they have the minimum amount of rewards to take part in these events.
  • has anyone ever explained the "logic" behind having Negative Trophies for Winning Records?

for me being f2p and botching Monaco 10, its upsetting to see my modest roster pull out a win and take 1 Step Forward in Trophies, only to have a close loss be 2 Steps Back.

i have 0 trophies and less opportunities to earn them than people joining today; nevermind all the people joining next month who will get the new nerfs in campaign.
  • godzillagodzilla Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Yes, I have decent cars, but the flaw in this is so obvious.  You get the maclaren, you’re gonna start wining against ppl who don’t, period. Those guys get positive trophies while most of us get negative.  I noticed a long time ago I would have 30 or so races in an event, and someone with a record of 3-0 is ahead of me on the leaderboard.  So I realized it’s advantageous to stop playing if you’re ahead and hope others don’t race you, otherwise the more you play the more you drop.  Except since there’s no single player playing lots and hoping to win a race is the only way to get cars and money.  So I too, now have zero trophy points, meanwhile brand new players or ppl who pulled the s cars by luck keep falling further ahead cause they get to play races we don’t.  It’s ingerently a broken system.  I see zero benefit for the trophies atm at all.
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Part of the problem with the McLaren effect is the score skewing towards single dimension aspects of vehicle performance. Drags get huge blowouts based just on acceleration, whereas testing all aspects of a vehicle in twisty road it's very difficult to get more than the basic 50 point win/loss. I understand the "keep it simple and even" rational - currently it's % winning margin * 10 with 50 being he minimum. But this favors cars and events that aren't reflective of cars overall performance.

If the 12C winning margin against z/28 was under 100 at least people without it would have a chance if the rest of their deck is better.