Skip to content

For all the questions about keeping a car or fusing it. Put them here.

Comments

• Aamon_KorAamon_Kor Posts: 23
    Does anyone know what tuning would be best for the 2012 Porsche Cayman? 699 or 969?

• TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    I guess 699 since it has a really high mra. I have one at 969, I tuned it a long time ago, so if you go 699 we could compare. That said, you made need a 969 because of rain in the GT challenge, wait before choosing
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess 699 since it has a really high mra. I have one at 969, I tuned it a long time ago, so if you go 699 we could compare. That said, you made need a 969 because of rain in the GT challenge, wait before choosing
    I have it 699, here below some timing on dry asphalt
    - Fast circuit standing: 1:06.23
    - Fast circuit rolling: 1:02.99
    - Twisty circuit standing: 1:08.56
    - Twisty circuit rolling: 1:05.86
    - Twisty road: 1:12.16
    - Karting circuit: 38.51
    - Indoor karting: 46.63
    - Hairpin road: 44.20

• bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    I have it 699, here below some timing on dry asphalt
    - Fast circuit standing: 1:06.23
    - Fast circuit rolling: 1:02.99
    - Twisty circuit standing: 1:08.56
    - Twisty circuit rolling: 1:05.86
    - Twisty road: 1:12.16
    - Karting circuit: 38.51
    - Indoor karting: 46.63
    - Hairpin road: 44.20

969 wins only Hairpin Road, ties Karting Circuit and loses everything else to 699
    edited June 5
    Thanks for your help. I paid attention to the opposing Cayman in the current event and noted the following times so far. I think I will go 699. I will update my post here when I have new times.

edit: the current times are a little lower.
    Post edited by Aamon_Kor on
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More 969 Cayman times...
    Fast Circuit Rolling - 1:03.03
    Twisty Circuit Standing - 1:08.58
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited June 5
    I'm extremely disappointed about that Cayman (in 969). Feels like it's a real snail. I don't see where is its 94 MRA!

For example it doesn't catch up on fast circuit against a Mercedes with 10 MRA (and 10 handling) less. :/
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    I'm extremely disappointed about that Cayman (in 969). Feels like it's a real snail. I don't see where is its 94 MRA!

For example it doesn't catch up on fast circuit against a Mercedes with 10 MRA (and 10 handling) less. :/
    RexKwonDo's MRA Metric is a measure of the time to reach 100mph relative to 0-60 time. 94 means 0-60 takes 94% of the time that 60-100 does. 

If you're talking about a Mercedes with lower 0-60 then it may well be faster 60-100 as well. At stock the Cayman's 60-100 time is 5.85s.  If you're comparing that to say an S63 with 4.3s and 84MRA then the 60-100 time is 5.12s. It's got better mid-range is absolute terms and you wouldn't expect the Cayman to catch up. 

Aamon_Kor said:
    Thanks for your help. I paid attention to the opposing Cayman in the current event and noted the following times so far. I think I will go 699. I will update my post here when I have new times.

969 - 
    Hairpin Road  : 44.11
    Karting Circuit : 38.51
    Twisty Road : 1:12.20
    Twisty Circuit Rolling : 1.05.90
    edited June 5
    Here are the current times for the Porsche Cayman 2012. Thanks to all who helped.

Post edited by Aamon_Kor on
    969 - 165 MPH on Test Bowl

Aamon_Kor said:
    Here are the current times for the Porsche Cayman 2012. Thanks to all who helped.

We missed slalom in the test, but that is always a 969 race. Anyway 699 seems the right choice! 
    Question for all, here are some cars I keep unlocked in my garage in order to fuse them. Just wanted to know if some are worth keeping (maybe that Lamborghini? )
    I already have the best G-wagon, never used the Peugeot and it's been a year since I got it...
    Thanks for your help !
    Question for all, here are some cars I keep unlocked in my garage in order to fuse them. Just wanted to know if some are worth keeping (maybe that Lamborghini? )
    I already have the best G-wagon, never used the Peugeot and it's been a year since I got it...
    Thanks for your help !
    Peugeot 996 was usefull in some event, it's a good car in general. All merc wagons are good, keep one of each at 996 for sure. Chrysler is a concept, it can be usefull in a event with that tag. Never fuse away epics unless you need to upgrade an S for a specific event
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help !
    This game is moving more and more toward preferring a diverse garage over the "best" in any one category. For example, the G63 is strictly better than the G55, which is generally better than the G500. Back in the day, it probably would have been best to have 3 G63s. However, with the very specific event criteria that are now being used, it is now almost certainly better to have one of each instead. It didn't necessarily come up in this event, but out of those three, only the G500 was allowed. It very easily could have been a key car over the G55 and G63, and if this were a proper temporary tag challenge, it probably would have been.

My point? Having a car that's "better" than another, even if it's in the same broad category (ex. "german all-surface drag car"), doesn't mean that the slower variants won't be relevant. I'd say that the the way to go here is to really prioritize a large, diverse garage, and upgrade cars as needed instead of upgrading cars with cars that you may need in hopes that the upgraded car is relevant. Personally, I keep at least one copy of every car I get that is C-class or above.

Of course, you can play the game however makes you happy, that's just my two cents.

Also, as a sidenote - I'm pretty surprised you haven't used the 308 GTi in the last year. I find myself using that one in particular quite a lot. Mine has 235 races over 809 days. For reference, this is similar to other cars in that RQ vicinity that I would consider situationally useful, like the Caterham Seven 360 (217 races over 1181 days), the Lancer Evo I (242 races over 1214 days), and the Nissan 370Z (316 races over 1200 days)
    willcf15 said:

Also, as a sidenote - I'm pretty surprised you haven't used the 308 GTi in the last year. I find myself using that one in particular quite a lot. Mine has 235 races over 809 days. For reference, this is similar to other cars in that RQ vicinity that I would consider situationally useful, like the Caterham Seven 360 (217 races over 1181 days), the Lancer Evo I (242 races over 1214 days), and the Nissan 370Z (316 races over 1200 days)

I just got one 308 GTi and I'm considering using it as food. I already have the RCZ R, for just 3 RQ more it's overall better, and I still almost never use it (112 races in 527 days). Not enough at least to keep almost twice the same car (except maybe for the Hot Hatch tag).
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:
    willcf15 said:

I just got one 308 GTi and I'm considering using it as food. I already have the RCZ R, for just 3 RQ more it's overall better, and I still almost never use it (112 races in 527 days). Not enough at least to keep almost twice the same car (except maybe for the Hot Hatch tag).
    You might be onto something - My high usage could come down to the fact that I don't have an RCZ R. 
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭
    The 308 was the fastest to 150 in the recent front engined hatchbacks event. It's also the fastest city streets small FR ultra rare.

It's a different body type and door count to the RCZ R. 
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    so since I recently pulled this one and was wondering if 996 is really the best spec, since it has medium GC and very strong on those tracks, wouldnt 969 be actually better?
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty bad handling because Hutch has something against Peugeots for some reason... But it has incredible MRA. I'd say it's a 996 car.
  • D3nzelloD3nzello Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    yeah I see, most likely the nr1 speedbump car at 996 at least
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 98 ✭✭
    First time upgrading S class and I'm not gonna do it for a while since I've been playing for 2 years almost 3, which would be the best decision on upgrading (assuming upgrading the weight since that helps performance and handling) 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time upgrading S class and I'm not gonna do it for a while since I've been playing for 2 years almost 3, which would be the best decision on upgrading (assuming upgrading the weight since that helps performance and handling) 
    None of those are 'best in class' cars IMO. Not worth doing it unless an event with a decent prize requires it. Save your food and see what happens is the normal advice.

In saying that, yes a lot of people go weight because it upgrades both, but for a handling car like some of those (Donkey, NSX), you might find upgrading handling has a greater effect.
  • vossixvossix Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    What is the best tune for this car??

• BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 98 ✭✭
    vossix said:
    What is the best tune for this car??

Got two choices 
    Is it worth keeping a 4th Elise Sprint? I have 2 at 969 and one at 699 
    Is it worth keeping a 4th Elise Sprint? I have 2 at 969 and one at 699 

I have two (969 and 699) and I personally find it's already enough.
    Why not a third one, but I don't really see where you would use 4 - probably not more than once a year.

I used to keep a third version of a few "key" cars, but I recently dropped a few ones seeing I was never using them.
  • ErilixErilix Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    It could be useful only if you grind clubs I guess.
    K thanks for your answers, it is going to the fuse material part of my garage then
  • Miura187Miura187 Posts: 61
    Looking to do a legend fuse since I need garage space and have several lower end dupes or outright bad epics, but not sure what would be good to upgrade or how. Any suggestions please?