Skip to content

New Event: Mercedes Qualifiers / Porsche Event is Coming

stvhanstvhan Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Post edited by Hutch_Robin on

Comments

• JacoJaco Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this time the Macans and Cayennes are useless! Too much people having none.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMART QUALIFIERS!
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Porsches needed for the first round is my guess. I think the prize car will be one of the manufacturers with not many cars in, McLaren? Bugatti? Or as Mike says..... Smart!
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start of the Jaguar series since it's a question mark?
  • G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    exactly
  • Sherby90Sherby90 Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    I think Jags are still at least a month away. So just Porsche action. Hopping for a interesting reward.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    edited January 2018
    No. The next update, which is still going through platform submission, doesn't have new cars. It's fixing the upgrade bug.
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,604 admin
    @Hutch_Robin Will this update effect the brackets for the current City of Gold Event?
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I mentioned this in another thread. With the heavy prizes on offer I’d imagine there would be uproar if the update shuffled the event groups around. I think the best strategy would be to release immediately after City of Gold (with a small gap or at least very early in the new Quals event before things get settled).
    The problem is though (as I understand it) is that Hutch will have released the update to the platforms then it is up to the Play Store and App Store as to when they release the update so it could cause carnage to events which are running currently
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stores review the app and approve or reject it. It is then up to the developer to release to the store.

If I recall correctly there is an option to immediately release on approval (for Apple at least), but that doesn’t make sense to use for potentially breaking content.
    The stores review the app and approve or reject it. It is then up to the developer to release to the store.

If I recall correctly there is an option to immediately release on approval (for Apple at least), but that doesn’t make sense to use for potentially breaking content.
    Ah ok, hopefully they are released on all platforms at the same time. I recall one update was on Android before iOS, could be a game breaker for the 80s event if someone gets access to the off road tyre Nissan before others.
  • DannyDanny Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure last update that was just a bug fix happened whilst events were running and it didn’t cause any issues. Could be wrong though
    CometDan said:

Ah ok, hopefully they are released on all platforms at the same time. I recall one update was on Android before iOS, could be a game breaker for the 80s event if someone gets access to the off road tyre Nissan before others.
    Shhhh...this is what I'm waiting for...
    Me too! Got 3 ready to roll! 
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    edited January 2018
    Gsearch said:
    @Hutch_Robin Will this update effect the brackets for the current City of Gold Event?
    As with last week, even if we can release before then, we'll wait until Monday to avoid the weekend event.
    CometDan said:
    Don't worry, this isn't the case. Players of one version can't play alongside players of another version, that's why players are put into new leaderboards after the update.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so it will be Monday at the earliest then.
  • daGmandaGman Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any money that it’s going to be an asphalt event with an off roader as the final prize, you know, to prevent snowballing. 
    It’s not Porsche either. Just Porsche cars in the prelim. I bet it’s a small time manufacturer or Mercedes. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm praying to our hutchian overlords for a wet asphalt race
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DS event!
  • ApplejackApplejack Posts: 46 ✭✭
    need 3 Australian to enter, prize is Austrian
  • NumarNumar Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm praying to our hutchian overlords for a wet asphalt race
    Praying is useless , we have proof !! Did you saw bruce all mighty !?
  • RawelRawel Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so it's a mercedes event. what do you think? on road? off road?
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Says who ?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    Says who ?
    Says the edited first post by Hutch
    I’m hoping on track with some Hill climbs thrown in! 
  • RawelRawel Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mettiti said:
    Says who ?
    Hutch