Skip to content

Event Ending Times

SystemSystem Posts: 15 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: State of Top Drives from a long term player.

Comments

• TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, and I do have to complain again, that for the last 5 hours, I've been sniped out of many places
    Just to name a few:
    Kicked out of top 8 in the Land Rover Finals (No SVR)
    Kicked out of top 10 in the Merc finals (No SLS Convertible)
    Kicked out of top tier in the Honda event (No CF)
    Kicked out of top spot in one of the Super Rare rain event (No extra gold)
    Kicked out of top 8 in the Lotus Finals (No GT4)
    Ohh, man, I can name a LOT more...
    All these people are from Japan, Korea or Australia, so that means that they can take advantage of the 1 or 2 hours they've got between waking up and the event finishing...
    For a Long time player, this is very frustrating... so please, consider pushing back the event end times by 1 or 2 hours, just a tiny change, but it's gonna benefit a lot of us. I believe a lot of people play from China and Southeast Asia, so doing so would make the lives of thousands easier. It's not gonna really kill the people back in Europe, would it...
    Please don't just disagree with me, I do want this under review...
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I mean, and I do have to complain again, that for the last 5 hours, I've been sniped out of many places
    Just to name a few:
    All these people are from Japan, Korea or Australia, so that means that they can take advantage of the 1 or 2 hours they've got between waking up and the event finishing...
    For a Long time player, this is very frustrating... so please, consider pushing back the event end times by 1 or 2 hours, just a tiny change, but it's gonna benefit a lot of us. I believe a lot of people play from China and Southeast Asia, so doing so would make the lives of thousands easier. It's not gonna really kill the people back in Europe, would it...
    Focus on your study, it will no longer be an issue :)
    Jaco said:
    TGPD said:
    Just to name a few:
    Focus on your study, it will no longer be an issue :)
    Focus on your work, it will no longer be an issue :)
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i don't understand is why we cant have regional start times.

Apparently we are matched by region. We could have an evening start time for all events according to region.

The argument against that I've heard is that we are all in the same boat and so it doesnt need to change but i call that BS.

I don't want to have to wake up at 4m the morning I gotta go to work to defend my rightful position based on my garage.

Challengers always have the advantage and those players that have a time advantage will win better prizes than they deserve.

Hutch will restart an event but aren't willing to level the playing field?

This has been my longest gripe. It's been there nagging since the start of my TD adventure back in October. I'm sick of it TBH. I don't feel like I can do anymore than I do, which is to voice my humble opinion that the time SHOULD and could be changed to accomodate Asian players. The change doesn't put the West at a disadvantage either.

Like @TGPD i have missed out on many great prizes for this single reason that I cannot control.
    lol me and @robgripes vs the world
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait 8k trophy... LOL
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    TGPD said:

Events in the past used to end at 2am here. It sucked. Now they end at midnight, it sucks less. I do not want to go back to that, so no thanks. I proposed something that would work for most if not all regions before because i know what you are going through. I lost the XL7 that way and a few others.

Jaco said:
    Someone ( wasn't it you? )also mentioned to end 6 hours earlier, that is morning hours in USA, about 15.00 - 16.00 in Europe and 22.00 - 23.00 in East Asia?
    I think this is a better option, allthough the european part is working than, and not everybody can play during work. I assume all employee toilets will be occupied during that time.  

@Jaco it might have been me, i proposed something along those lines (or someone else that had the same/similar idea), but no one gave a damn so i gave up.
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaco: It was nice of your boss to do that. He gets it.
    TopDives said:
    TGPD said:

Events in the past used to end at 2am here. It sucked. Now they end at midnight, it sucks less. I do not want to go back to that, so no thanks. I proposed something that would work for most if not all regions before because i know what you are going through. I lost the XL7 that way and a few others.

Jaco said:
    Someone ( wasn't it you? )also mentioned to end 6 hours earlier, that is morning hours in USA, about 15.00 - 16.00 in Europe and 22.00 - 23.00 in East Asia?
    I think this is a better option, allthough the european part is working than, and not everybody can play during work. I assume all employee toilets will be occupied during that time.  

@Jaco it might have been me, i proposed something along those lines (or someone else that had the same/similar idea), but no one gave a damn so i gave up.

Our suggestiong before for a global start time was 4pm GMT. 

It covered Europe, US, middle East and Asia for non-twighlight hours.

We don't want you to go to 2am either. We're not asking for a change to punish anyone else. However at the moment, Asia is being punished by the current time.
    TopDives said:
    TGPD said:

Jaco said:

Ok, I wasn't sure who mentioned it before. I wasn't a fan of the 2 am ending time. Now, for me, it is 23.00, also not ideal. For me, I prefer the 16.00, but I am able to play during working time ( as long as I get my job done, it is ok ), but I think 95% isn't in this position and will disagree on this. 

Ending times will always be discussed, as long as the events has all to be played on the similar time.
    @Jaco: It was nice of your boss to do that. He gets it.
    The only thing for me left to do is to make him a TD-addict also  :D
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support a change forward or backwards. 5PM isn't the best for me currently.
    Currently, event ends at 5 am GMT+8
    If moved forwards 3hrs (which is the minimum we can do with) it's 8 am GMT+8
    Which means it's 12 midnight in the UK, 1am in central Europe
    If moved backwards to 16:00 GMT +1 (I assume this is the time zone where you live) which is 23:00 here, which is fine by anyone with a late night habit, but then Australia would be left out, with major cities like Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane having a 1am finish. New Zealand would have a 3am finish, which isn't great by any means. British players would be sacked because they are caught playing at work, but American players have 7-10am to themselves. This would mean that European players would get the worst time of the day, since they're at work... I think moving it forward 3hrs would do.
    3pm GMT+0 is fine by me, just wait for @bobdylan to get sacked at work...
    Or have 4 regional times. Every region around the globe ends at around 6-10pm locally. 

I couldn't care less if another region finished earlier or later than me. Everyone in my region is the same. The time suits the most people. The majority are pleased
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at 4 pm in Italy, for me is a bad time.. i can't open the game and play... i can only play after work or during lunch break...
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    TGPD said:
    If moved backwards to 16:00 GMT +1 (I assume this is the time zone where you live) which is 23:00 here, which is fine by anyone with a late night habit, but then Australia would be left out, with major cities like Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane having a 1am finish. New Zealand would have a 3am finish, which isn't great by any means. British players would be sacked because they are caught playing at work, but American players have 7-10am to themselves. This would mean that European players would get the worst time of the day, since they're at work... I think moving it forward 3hrs would do.
    But if it gets moved 3 hours ahead it will be 3am for some European countries (events here end at midnight as i mentioned before). I am not sure i understand the logic.

Can we at least all agree that having an event end between midnight and 7am is not good and take it from there?
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    So after a long thread we’ve discovered that all areas around the globe have different time zones? We should tell someone...

in all seriousness shifting it won’t solve it, different start times for zones would. I agree 4 across the globe would work but I dread to think how much work would be involved in that. I feel for @TGPD and others in the Asian time zones 
  • CharlieRCharlieR Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭
    this topic is pointless in a game that is played around the globe... it doesn't not matter when u gonna set it to end there will always be someone worse off becouse of that
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieR said:
    this topic is pointless in a game that is played around the globe... it doesn't not matter when u gonna set it to end there will always be someone worse off becouse of that
    The same topic comes up every couple of weeks with the same response, they ain’t gonna change it, it’s set at that time as it’s the peak playing time. I do have sympathy for the people affected by rubbish finishing times though. 
    TGPD said:
    I believe @bobdylan can't be sacked, if I understood well he is his own chief.

mauro07 said:
    at 4 pm in Italy, for me is a bad time.. i can't open the game and play... i can only play after work or during lunch break...
    You are Italian, you have a 2 hour lunchbreak, that will be enough to catch up  :D
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play the game more at work than at home lol 
  • ZaphodZaphod Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Meh, another ceramic lost in 80s event due to being bumped from fifth to fifteenth place while I was sleeping... And getting ten trophy points to go with my aluminium pack is nice dose of salt in the wounds too.

I’d love to see something done to the event end times to balance this out, as right now one group of players have a clear advantage over the rest.

Having said that, I think the way multiplayer event scoring works is also something that could be taken a look at In this regard... At the moment it’s fairly easy to move up the leaderboard as you can pick the easy hands behind you to move past players ahead of you. This is one of the reasons why it’s almost impossible to secure a place in the top tiers unless you have a clearly dominant hand.
    I think this needs to be kept up top of the front page to keep Hutch attention on it!

Be fair to us in asia Hutch, pretty please, with Cherry red Dr Martens on top!
  • S3XYS3XY Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the regional times idea! My situation is not as bad as the 5am case, but the 5pm ending time really distracts me from my 4-5pm meetings at work...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Why did Rob get banned?
    Quit being so obtuse about forum etiquette and rules.  He got banned for the profile picture, not for speaking up about event ends times, so don’t try and play his post as the reason.  There are mature ways to address matters that need to be discussed.  His post was a great way.  His picture, not so much.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    Really want to see his picture now :)