Skip to content

Game is dead

2»

Comments

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 685 admin
    Jay said:
    Just out of curiosity. Wouldn't you be able to track the difference between closing the app and an error occuring. For example you already displaying the error message so there must be some form of error handling. That could also be where you throw in the flag to not deduct points. But if no error then deduct points?
    Right, that seems like it should be possible, right! But the trouble is that the network issue can arise somewhere between our server and the player's client (i.e. device), and we can't trust what comes from the client. Specifically, anything we made to handle errors like that could be spoofed by players to gain the same advantages I mentioned.
  • JayJay Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Jay said:
    Just out of curiosity. Wouldn't you be able to track the difference between closing the app and an error occuring. For example you already displaying the error message so there must be some form of error handling. That could also be where you throw in the flag to not deduct points. But if no error then deduct points?
    Right, that seems like it should be possible, right! But the trouble is that the network issue can arise somewhere between our server and the player's client (i.e. device), and we can't trust what comes from the client. Specifically, anything we made to handle errors like that could be spoofed by players to gain the same advantages I mentioned.
    It's my job to fix this stuff so I like to talk about it haha.  

Could you do the check at the point they click the race button. For example you select your opponent choose the cars for the tracks. When you place the last card set an attribute that the player legit started the race. If a disconnect error occures between that point and when the race occurs then no points are deducted. 

The window for the player to fake a disconnect would be extremely narrow. 

It just seams like a real shame that people are genuinely missing out on rewards they worked so hard for through no fault of their own.
    More server issues. 
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even bothering playing
    TGPD said:
    Looks like these errors cost me my top 10 position in the prelims. Been in top 10 pretty OK for 3 days. Bunch of server errors now I am out of top 10.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    TGPD said:
    Looks like these errors cost me my top 10 position in the prelims. Been in top 10 pretty OK for 3 days. Bunch of server errors now I am out of top 10.
    To be fair i could get in. Two pr three late comers spoiled the party for a few top 10 players.

Got in to top 10 with no loss records. Something like 15 - 0 when i last saw them.

We need to stop entry 24 hours before the end. 

• Bucks73Bucks73 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Jay said:
    TGPD said:
    To be fair i could get in. Two pr three late comers spoiled the party for a few top 10 players.

Got in to top 10 with no loss records. Something like 15 - 0 when i last saw them.

I agree 100000% they were bringing in some better point scoring for players in longer but that hasn’t worked. 

The argument can be, what about the players who are fusing to play? Well that could be countered by saying ‘put in a hand to play for now while upgrading’.  Plus most decent events are 3 days long, so fuse 1 1/2 days then enter. No excuses really. 
    RobGripes said:
    Jay said:
    TGPD said:

Yeah but not sure what my ghosts were like from the server errors. Any car could be on an track. All I know is I had a bunch of server errors in a row that cost me a heap of points which sucked a lot. If I had lost legitimately I wouldn't be so annoyed.
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server issue while playing in the '73 carrera contest. 
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    I thought this was a rant thread
    Same here! Imagine my disappointment. Shame!
    TGPD said:
    I tried to turn it into a rant thread by ranting a little but everyone was too polite and reasonable. Didn't suite my mood at he time at all!
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay said:
    TGPD said:
    I tried to turn it into a rant thread by ranting a little but everyone was too polite and reasonable. Didn't suite my mood at he time at all!
    Yeah, its way too civilized. At least you tried! I'll definetely think of something good to complain about before I return.
  • hillclimberhillclimber Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    no the circle of death is here... (European Server) is it so hard to fix that?
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    it was showing server error for me a while back. anyone else? didn't check after that.
  • Carlos_RacineCarlos_Racine Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    I paid a lot for cf packs for the Spider event and now I can‘t start the event 
  • joel24joel24 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    joel24 said:
    it was showing server error for me a while back. anyone else? didn't check after that.
    its working now nvm .