Skip to content

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A silent disagree is just as pointless as almost maxing 5 otherwise useless common Peugeots. It's neither helpful to Hutch or the playerbase, nor does it annoy me, so what's the point? I'm really curious. :) Come on, offer an opinion, a real one.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    edited November 2020
    Upgrading cars is part of the economy design for this feature. Expect more explicit upgrade or fusion requirements in future for cars in general. One change is that my intent is for players to have that information ahead of reaching the round.

e.g. if Round 13 awards prize x and has some explicit requirement of cars or upgrades, rather than us saying or not saying it in a forum post, it would be in-game for you to know before you've even raced round one or invested at all. Although in time, I also want to replace the very need for a Peugeot 404 with something more akin to a key. And no matter how I might want to, it's not likely you'll have to upgrade a key. I appreciate an upgrade gate at the same time as you just gained access to new levels feels more frustrating too than having those at separate places in the challenge.

Similarly, tickets may be replaced with replenishable attempts consumed only when you win a race (to stop deterring players playing a challenge and losing). Potentially down the road we would have replaying older rounds. On challenges where it's appropriate, getting stuck would mean you can still grind the level before you got stuck. Ideally, I structure a Collection challenge with zero tickets where you just beat a level once and move on (but that introduces its own complications with one starring vs. three starring).

I think we will see some real investment from us in this gameplay mode to make things bigger, clearer, and a little less counterintuitive.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    Venting mode on.
    Lost two potential Peugeot 404s due to over filling. 51st and 53rd in two events when the brackets filled to ~115 and ~120. Very annoying.

Purchased the three on offer CF packs, the top card rewards were 3x RQ40 Ghibli Diesel (barely a SR) and 3x RQ50 Shamal (barely an UR). 

Not loving the game right now.
    Upgrading cars is part of the economy design for this feature. Expect more explicit upgrade or fusion requirements in future for cars in general. One change is that my intent is for players to have that information ahead of reaching the round.

e.g. if Round 13 awards prize x and has some explicit requirement of cars or upgrades, rather than us saying or not saying it in a forum post, it would be in-game for you to know before you've even raced round one or invested at all. Although in time, I also want to replace the very need for a Peugeot 404 with something more akin to a key. And no matter how I might want to, it's not likely you'll have to upgrade a key. I appreciate an upgrade gate at the same time as you just gained access to new levels feels more frustrating too than having those at separate places in the challenge.

Similarly, tickets may be replaced with replenishable attempts consumed only when you win a race (to stop deterring players playing a challenge and losing). Potentially down the road we would have replaying older rounds. On challenges where it's appropriate, getting stuck would mean you can still grind the level before you got stuck. Ideally, I structure a Collection challenge with zero tickets where you just beat a level once and move on (but that introduces its own complications with one starring vs. three starring).

I think we will see some real investment from us in this gameplay mode to make things bigger, clearer, and a little less counterintuitive.
    It's all very nice, but in the meantime, if these Peugeots are admittedly just keys for the next round, why make us almost max 5 (!) of them, when they're among the most useless cars in the game? I mean other than annoying us. It's awkward enough to have to get 5 of them and that after the event nobody dares to sell or fuse them, but upgrades just take time, no skill involved whatsoever, it's just annoying.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Damn, I was lucky (and happy) to pull the best ROTS car with first of the two single CF, the Zonda R, and it's totally useless so far (slick)...

Pfff @ Round 13... Only one of the five UR can beat the maxed Ghibli Cup I think, or you need (suitable) Epic or Legendary already.

My only other chance (except trying to be lucky with second single CF pack): does a maxed Levante Diesel beat that Ghibli Cup on wet twisty circuit? Or if someone has the time of it on this track. Thanks!
    EDIT: Saw the answer on another forum, apparently yes.
    Post edited by Yama_san on
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    Round 19:
    on first race there is RQ39 passat 969. I don't know if RQ48 scirocco can beat, probably not. Best way to pass this round is to tie the first race and make 100+ against pagani. RQ74 levante S 333 makes 130+ points, so I expect RQ62 Levante disel maxed can do more than 100. In this way you have 3 spots for 3 maloo to win the other 3 races. 
    To note that RQ48 scirocco 969 lose on hairpin on second race against maxed syclone
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Round 19:
    on first race there is RQ39 passat 969. I don't know if RQ48 scirocco can beat, probably not. Best way to pass this round is to tie the first race and make 100+ against pagani. RQ74 levante S 333 makes 130+ points, so I expect RQ62 Levante disel maxed can do more than 100. In this way you have 3 spots for 3 maloo to win the other 3 races. 
    To note that RQ48 scirocco 969 lose on hairpin on second race against maxed syclone
    Or just use a 969 rq37 jetta on the first race and the pagani race ;)
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRA
    Alpine = 64.29
    Abarth = 63.19

MRA Kings! :(
    Not that I was really expecting them to be.
    Jay said:
    MRA
    Alpine = 64.29
    Abarth = 63.19

MRA Kings! :(
    Not that I was really expecting them to be.
    Abarth looks promising due to it's low topspeed. Bad parameter -> better performance in all races where you don't need it compared to equal rq cars!
    Should be the epic version of lancer evo iv
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpine is good, as is to some extent the Abarth, reasonably easy challenge I think to get them though so it waters down the usefulness of them. The legendary will be a dust collector I’d think. 

Ignoring the obvious issues with the delay in being able to use tickets and the slight annoyance with having to upgrade the prize pugs, it was a good challenge overall. 
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help me through round 19 please? Had high hopes with this hand but can’t see how to get through - unless I get another Jetta

Can anyone help me through round 19 please? Had high hopes with this hand but can’t see how to get through - unless I get another Jetta

You can try the passat vs pagani and jetta vs passat.
    Or levante S against passat, but maybe in this way you use too many rq and you are weak on UR section of your garage...

Final round
    Typhoon 333 wins easily
    Pagani 633 wins by 117, a 333 should win 100+
    Ghibli 366 lose by 0.80... 
    I'll try to put a maloo 996 on race 2, if it wins I can tie the last race (last pagani is 699, same as mine) and I'll 3 star thanks to +117 on race 3.
    Otherwise I'll have to fuse the ghibli at least at 369 to beat last pagani

rei348 said:

Final round
    Typhoon 333 wins easily
    I'll try to put a maloo 996 on race 2, if it wins I can tie the last race (last pagani is 699, same as mine) and I'll 3 star thanks to +117 on race 3.

996 Maloo is not enough for race 2. Loses by 0.02 seconds.
  • RawelRawel Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to ask how many upgrades do I need on a rq67 4wd ghibli to win against the pagani on wet twisty circuit, looks like 369, or maybe even 669
    edited November 2020
    Ozzman said:
    rei348 said:

Final round
    Typhoon 333 wins easily

996 Maloo is not enough for race 2. Loses by 0.02 seconds.
    You saved me 4 hours of waiting, thank you! For sure they did it on purpose, to force you using something else.
    I'll try then another thing: pagani on race2. If it wins by 150+, I can tie race3 and race5. It would be last chance, if it won't work...

Rawel said:
    I was just about to ask how many upgrades do I need on a rq67 4wd ghibli to win against the pagani on wet twisty circuit, looks like 369, or maybe even 669
    Good question! I would just know  if one of the two works, I don't want to put another 6 UR in the ghibli...

• ToretoToreto Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    All i needed was a change in the tune of the maloo in the last round...😢 Anything but 332 would do. Is there any chance?😁

Edit: Just pulled a Zonda S, now I’m good, but still...
    Post edited by Toreto on
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck on 21, can't beat the caterham on the wet slalom, no GMC = no me gusta :(
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Stuck on 21, can't beat the caterham on the wet slalom, no GMC = no me gusta :(
    I passed loosing to caterham. If you show tracks and cars, maybe I can give a hint.

Actually, for anyone asking for a hint, showing exact races-cars you are struggling, will increase chances to get a hint.
    :)
  • TJCTJC Posts: 54 ✭✭
    rei348 said:

Final round
    Typhoon 333 wins easily

I don't have a Typhoon, but two Syclones. A 333 Syclone should also win the first race. By the way a 666 Syclone wins last race easily.
    edited November 2020
    TJC said:
    I don't have a Typhoon, but two Syclones. A 333 Syclone should also win the first race. By the way a 666 Syclone wins last race easily.
    Syclone is better than typhoon and first race is harder than last race. Just put the 666 on first race and 333 on 5th and you win both for sure.

I made another try, lost... Anyway, this are the times to beat
    Race 1: 1:20.40 (my ghibli 366 did 1:21.48, -50)
    Race 2: 12:08 (zonda 5 roadster 633 did 10:68, +92)
    Race 3: 19:43 (zonda c12 699 17:41, +83)
    Race 4: 1:05.55 (maloo 699 1:04.38, +50)
    Race 5: 1:16.33 (typhoon 333 1:15.46, +50)

It seems that ghibli works better in race 5 than race 1.
    Lat chance I have: put ghibli on race 3, epic pagani tie race 5, typhoon wins race 1 (+52 if I remember). I't long shot, I still miss 6 points and I don't think ghibli will make them against maloo...
    There is time so I'll try, if it won't work I have to upgrade ghibli, no other chance. I still don't know if one upgrade will be enough to win against epic pagani... And I don't know if it's better to go for 369 or 669. Any suggestion?

P.S.: it's more relaxing doing this kind of consideration when you know that eventually you can win the prize car :smile: in worst case I just have to fuse 6 UR in my ghibli and I'm ok, just trying to save that food for better cars :smile:

rei348 said:

Or levante S against passat, but maybe in this way you use too many rq and you are weak on UR section of your garage...
    Thanks. I know, unbelievable... last challenge like this I think I got 4 URs but had no legendaries. This time it’s the other way round. So frustrating!
    rei348 said:

Thanks. I know, unbelievable... last challenge like this I think I got 4 URs but had no legendaries. This time it’s the other way round. So frustrating!
    At least you don't need anything to finish last round. Your zonda R will make more than 150 against maloo almost for sure and probably you will make more points with caterham on race4, so you can lose with ghibli on race5 and make 3star anyway. Good luck!
  • AndyNicholsAndyNichols Posts: 6

Is it possible for me to get three stars to earn a much needed 50k? Or do I need to upgrade the second Maserati and/or the Scirocco? I'm unsure whether my second Maserati would win Twisty Circuit or whether the Scirocco would win the mountain slalom.

Also, is it worth keeping both Vauxhall Maloos once the event is over? How frequently do events needing a specific tag (in this case Riders on the Storm) repeat?
    rei348 said:
    TJC said:
    Syclone is better than typhoon and first race is harder than last race. Just put the 666 on first race and 333 on 5th and you win both for sure.

Cool. Thank you. So I will get this Alfa. I thought, that I will miss the final prize-car that time.

Is it possible for me to get three stars to earn a much needed 50k? Or do I need to upgrade the second Maserati and/or the Scirocco? I'm unsure whether my second Maserati would win Twisty Circuit or whether the Scirocco would win the mountain slalom.

Also, is it worth keeping both Vauxhall Maloos once the event is over? How frequently do events needing a specific tag (in this case Riders on the Storm) repeat?
    This hand should be enough, but might need a fuse here and there. The Maloo is a good car, all three tunes can be useful, I'd do a 996 and a 699. This special tag probably won't be used again, we had tags like this come and go, just for one special event. But Maloo is good even without the tag.
    Ozzman said:

This hand should be enough, but might need a fuse here and there. The Maloo is a good car, all three tunes can be useful, I'd do a 996 and a 699. This special tag probably won't be used again, we had tags like this come and go, just for one special event. But Maloo is good even without the tag.
    Same for the scirocco, very good car both 969 and 699
  • AndyNicholsAndyNichols Posts: 6
    thanks both

Finally I got that beauty.

I hope, it will be worth all the fused cars. It took me 18 UR, 45 SR, 30 R and 60 common cars.
    rei348 said:
    rei348 said:

At least you don't need anything to finish last round. Your zonda R will make more than 150 against maloo almost for sure and probably you will make more points with caterham on race4, so you can lose with ghibli on race5 and make 3star anyway. Good luck!
    Only fair that I share how I beat round 19 :)

Still two rounds to go though. Got the useful Maserati Levante Diesel UR in the CF from this round.