Skip to content

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    willcf15 said:
    Weird challenge this week - you either need 1 particular B class fully upgraded (RQ55 2011 640d), a 330d touring maxed 996 (who has that?), or one of a very small pool of A classes to pass round 22 it seems. That's asking a bit too much from a normal ceramic challenge if you ask me.
    Which track are you stuck on?
  • ErilixErilix Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Yama_san said:
    willcf15 said:
    Weird challenge this week - you either need 1 particular B class fully upgraded (RQ55 2011 640d), a 330d touring maxed 996 (who has that?), or one of a very small pool of A classes to pass round 22 it seems. That's asking a bit too much from a normal ceramic challenge if you ask me.

I was about to post the same, even for Round 19 (so even before the 30k), where very few Diesel cars can beat the Peugeot Spades (only 1-2 URs and not even any non-upgraded Epic it seems).

The epic Bentayga Diesel beats the Spades at 333.
    But yeah, this challenge is too hard just for a simple ceramic, I'm stuck at round 21, and I already really struggled to get there :/
  • bertmcfishbertmcfish Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    I struggled and was frustrated at having to sell a couple of (lowly) cars to help fuse my c class Maserati diesel. Then this happened when I completed it. Not very often this games rewards me rather than biting me on the ****! Not that I can upgrade it, so won’t be very useful compared to the epic Caterhams

• willcf15willcf15 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    willcf15 said:
    Which track are you stuck on?
    Can't beat the TVR 400SE in the 1/4 mile drag. My 969 330d Touring ties, my 969 RQ54 640d loses, and the only diesels I have above B-class are a 969 F-Pace, a 969 C 350 4MATIC, and a 333 Touareg, so I'm not able to get enough margin in the other races to compensate.

My best hand got me 200 points:
    -RQ64 330d Touring (tie)
    -RQ65 M-B C 350 4MATIC (+50)
    -RQ64 640d (+50)
    -RQ40 Ghibli Diesel (+50)
    -RQ45 Quattroporte Diesel (+50)
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this coming week's challenge meant to be for the next alfa common prize car?
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited January 30
    Round 3 where do you put the Alfa ?
    PS (it s 966, can go up to 74 (?) in grip)

Edit: nvm easy to score points aside
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Stuck at round 12... I don't understand how to beat all those cars with 3x maserati... C class maserati are so bad... So far only found that rq40 ghibli diesel wins race 3 by 0.01, so it's perfect fit
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 95 ✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Stuck at round 12... I don't understand how to beat all those cars with 3x maserati... C class maserati are so bad... So far only found that rq40 ghibli diesel wins race 3 by 0.01, so it's perfect fit
    That’s what I used (not in that order)
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30
    Bora wins the Nürburgring on 11 and 12.

(The super rare RQ40ish one). 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bora wins the Nürburgring on 11 and 12.

(The super rare RQ40ish one). 
    The yellow rare Maserati at 996 beats the SR green Corvette on Nürburgring.
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Even the rare RQ38 Maserati Khamsin 969 beats the Maserati Ghibli and the Corvette on Nürburgring.

I dont know the trackset round 12 or opponents any more but I know my best Maserati was a RQ56 3200GT Assetto Corsa 366 (now 369) and I managed it with the super rare Maseratis. I have all super rare Maserati except the 430. For some tracksets I used two Maserati Ghibli Diesel.
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31
    The final round doesn't seem possible without an upgraded RQ50-54 Maserati. While I have a couple of the Ghiblis they need to improve by a good two seconds so would it require more fuses than there is time left to do them? 
    The final round doesn't seem possible without an upgraded RQ50-54 Maserati. While I have a couple of the Ghiblis they need to improve by a good two seconds so would it require more fuses than there is time left to do them? 
    I wouldn't spend more than you have to to get a ceramic pack.
    Only a four day challenge this week? Unintentional, I assume.
    It's a mistake that the weekly challenge runs for just 4 days, isn't it?
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Also usual to have no communication :)
  • JayJay Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    Did you check what the time was in the UK?
    Jay said:
    AslanV said:
    Did you check what the time was in the UK?
    Usually, when I have to work outside my working hours, I do it in advance. 

For me, it will be sending information Friday night for people starting their Monday while I am sleeping.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    It's a mistake that the weekly challenge runs for just 4 days, isn't it?
    They added a day to it. 
    That was the most likely outcome
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Can we expect a “Winter IRGP”, or was it a one-off? The easiness of this challenge makes me crave an actual challenge 
    Looking foward the Alfa one, (next week ?)

Then maybe the Year of the Ox. 
    edited February 16
    Can we expect a “Winter IRGP”, or was it a one-off? The easiness of this challenge makes me crave an actual challenge 
    What I want to know is if we'll ever see Titanium packs again. It's a year in April since we last saw them and there's not been a single hint of their return. Even if it's once a year, it seems pretty lame. Like they would've been a nice thing to award around Christmas for example.

I swear this game has many ways of making things exciting for the players, but it chooses the most boring, stingy option every single time. Stealing @baest's joke but it's like Hutch spends their weekends mining the gold for the game, that's how precious they make it out to be.
  • NicooooooNicoooooo Posts: 46 ✭✭
    O__VER said:
    What I want to know is if we'll ever see Titanium packs again. It's a year in April since we last saw them and there's not been a single hint of their return. Even if it's once a year, it seems pretty lame. Like they would've been a nice thing to award around Christmas for example.

I swear this game has many ways of making things exciting for the players, but it chooses the most boring, stingy option every single time. 
    It would have been a great return for this pack to make it the 1000th day reward, hopefully it'll come back. Maybe for 3 years of daily rewards then? 
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 54 ✭✭
    First of all...

...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Anyway (that made me laugh, but my standards are quite low those times)
    I genuinely love math, and have tried to decode this one. Maybe previous quote from leoni would help... has anyone succeeded ?

• vossixvossix Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23
    From IGF
    It must be Jaguar. Panthera Onca = Jaguar. 

Post edited by vossix on
    That is quite a journey through the code

• ATSR_997ATSR_997 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27
    Can you guys share what hand you used to beat round 3 in this weekend’s challenge? I’ve tried a bunch of different ones, but can’t make up enough points to make up for the Alfa’s loss. Thanks!
    Use the Alfa (969 tune) on race 3. You will be surprised.
    edited February 27
    Can’t can’t quite remember if cars 1 and 5 are what I used, but close enough.