Skip to content

Nostalgia

43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm currently on a short holiday and travelled back home to visit my family. Now going through some of the few things I still have left from when I was a kid :)
I saw guys before on the forum posting some pictures of their old car/ trump cards and I recalled I had some of them too - one of them was even a rally car series! :)
check it out - plenty of our top drives favourites. I recall I got them by trading a formula cars (duplicate) for them. I guess they are 25+ years old.

If you have some cool stuff from back then, share it, post it, let's all have a look! :)

Comments

• CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I actually had that set too, hours of fun. Thanks for sharing.

On closer inspection I didn’t have that exact set, mine had some of those cards in but not others. Rally only I think. The Stratos was the Daddy
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw feel free to post all u want, don't have to be cards only. U got some old Lamborghini posters, Turbo gum collections, anything. Old picture of yourself with don Johnson and his testarossa is cool to :) u name it!
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolute favourite matchbox car. 
  • CometDanCometDan Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have a white one of those too 😂
    CometDan said:
    I still have a white one of those too 😂
    Had a white one too! This one along with the red 944 were my favourite matchbox cars :)
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @43MK4; Super cool. Thanks for posting. I just had my dad send me all my original ninja turtles stuff. Gonna ebay them janks. Worth some money now.
    @43MK4; Super cool. Thanks for posting. I just had my dad send me all my original ninja turtles stuff. Gonna ebay them janks. Worth some money now.
    Trading ninja turtles for carbons, I like that :)
    Rawel said:
    oh man, I want this in the game

I think we would risk Dakar thread exploding due to "unexpected" 2cv cross vs Dakar results!
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    I'll take more when I'm back at my other house but I have an absurd amount of hot wheels and matchbox cars dating from now back to the 80s. These are the few I found in my phone:

And for fun, matchbox vs Vette museum:
    (I know, not identical models, but still)

• TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry uploaded the wrong Vette

• Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember that we in bosnia had these cards come with ice cream lol
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Peugeot 205 T16 was epic. Ari Vatanen driving that car was something to behold. I remember how gutted I was as when they scrapped Group B cars because they were just too dangerous. 
  • lg29lg29 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭✭
    Peugeot 205 T16 and 405 T16 😍😍😍
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing these guys
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Had loads of matchboxes, huge fan.

This beast though, the lego techniq 5590 was my first major toy i got for xmas when i was 9.

I loved it, from building it carefully all on my own, to 'flying' the helicopter, to reverse parking the truck with the trailer on.

Can't wait to have a kid and play lego with them.

Unless they don't like cars. i only build cars

• dunowedunowe Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

This beast though, the lego techniq 5590 was my first major toy i got for xmas when i was 9.

I loved it, from building it carefully all on my own, to 'flying' the helicopter, to reverse parking the truck with the trailer on.

Surely you must already have seen the new lego bugatti?
    https://www.lego.com/nl-be/themes/technic/bugatti-chiron  
    You dont need a kid who likes lego cars, just buy it youselves!

(btw, also very nice porsche 911 GT3 RS available)
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have quite a large Lego collection, including that GT3 RS.  It's one hobby I never dropped from my childhood.
    Was just looking for my first lego set (forklift). Instead I found a lego fulvia! :)

Had no idea there is so many actual car models made by lego. Here is the legend - even the same race number.

43MK4 said:
    Had no idea there is so many actual car models made by lego. Here is the legend - even the same race number.

There should be a wow button!
    dunowe said:
    RobGripes said:

That Chiron is amazing!

The GT3 not so much, looks like it's been in a wreck
    RobGripes said:
    dunowe said:
    RobGripes said:

That Chiron is amazing!

The GT3 not so much, looks like it's been in a wreck
    Yup Chiron looks great! Just checked the price - 350usd. 3600 pieces.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither that Fulvia or the Dakar are official Lego sets.  Those are fan-made creations.  The Dakar was submitted as a Lego Idea, for the chance to be made into an actual model, but it never received enough votes.

@RobGripes - I agree that the GT3 RS isn't exactly pretty, as a Lego model.  There are a lot of blank bodywork spots.  What's cool about the set is the mechanics underneath it.  It actually has working paddle shifters!
    HeissRod said:
    Neither that Fulvia or the Dakar are official Lego sets.  Those are fan-made creations.  The Dakar was submitted as a Lego Idea, for the chance to be made into an actual model, but it never received enough votes.

@RobGripes - I agree that the GT3 RS isn't exactly pretty, as a Lego model.  There are a lot of blank bodywork spots.  What's cool about the set is the mechanics underneath it.  It actually has working paddle shifters!
    True, that Fulvia even has something like a medieval shield from lego soldier as a lancia logo in front :)
  • lukec436lukec436 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I'd totally post some 2005 nostalgia, but I'm away from home in Iceland for a week. But even so, seeing toy cars brings back memories. 
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I have quite a large Lego collection, including that GT3 RS.  It's one hobby I never dropped from my childhood.
    I try REALLY hard not tho think about how much I've spent on Lego in the last 20 years.  Most of its packed away from moving house a few months ago, but this is some of what I've unpacked.

Once we've finished decorating I get to put up the display cabinets for my minifigs.  Almost a complete collection of the blind bag collectors series, I think every minifig since series 4 (except Mr gold)
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a full box of bburago toy cars in my basement