Skip to content

Update 7.0 Drag Cars (Unlikely and Likely)

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
As I mentioned in the Update 7.0 Car Discussion thread, I am going to a series of posts and testing of 5 unlikely and maybe 5 likely new drag cars (whether good or bad results).  First up is the unlikely (because I like the strange and oddball cars) - I just finished fusing the Chevrolet 454 SS, then next up is the Chrysler Newport.  All will be tuned 996 and I will try to test the most appropriate tracks.  Feel free to share similar or competitive cars testing results so that we can get an idea of relative MRA.

Comments

• LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Would be interested to see what drag times any of the new legendary/epic cars are doing to compare with the hellcat. 
  • AJTheCaveManAJTheCaveMan Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread idea. I'll be upgrading some of the new lower end cars with drag potential to add and help out. And it's important that you included 1m drags IMO. The second half of the mile is where you find good MRA in some cars.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be interested to see what drag times any of the new legendary/epic cars are doing to compare with the hellcat. 
    I don't have either of the two new Legendary cars (Dodge Viper and ACR), but will post testing on the epics that I have once done fusing.

@LittleEnosBurdette What are you most interested to see?  Top of my list is the 2012 Camaro ZL1.
    I don't have either of the two new Legendary cars (Dodge Viper and ACR), but will post testing on the epics that I have once done fusing.

@LittleEnosBurdette What are you most interested to see?  Top of my list is the 2012 Camaro ZL1.
    Yeh mainly how the S Vipers perform on drags, how they rate at 1.3 against an upgraded hellcat. Other than the widebody, I’ve only got the ‘19 camaro SS which doesn’t look great. 
    Times at stock for the Dodge Viper ACR
    1/4 mile: 12:00
    1/2 mile: 18:43
    1 mile: 29:60
    Interesting, are you waiting to see final requirements before upgrading? I’ve put my hellcat to 663 but don’t want to go any further if that beats the vipers at 333. 

Times for stock hellcat wb 
    1/4 mile: 11.53
    1/2 mile: 17.56
    1 mile: 27.83
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Times at stock for the Dodge Viper ACR
    1/4 mile: 12:00
    1/2 mile: 18:43
    1 mile: 29:60
    Interesting, are you waiting to see final requirements before upgrading? I’ve put my hellcat to 663 but don’t want to go any further if that beats the vipers at 333. 

Times for stock hellcat wb 
    1/4 mile: 11.53
    1/2 mile: 17.56
    1 mile: 27.83
    Spending my cash on packs for now so don't have the cash to upgrade it haha, don't really have any Epic food to use so upgrading seems unlikely too, got some gold to spend on packs so might get enough Epic food for one upgrade if i need it.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the SRT4 and 200 now the fastest FWDs in Super Rare?  I pulled them and was contemplating that.
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    I was planning to do table for rare cars with some of new cars compared to old ones (396 and Monte Carlo) since i already upgraded all new cars to 330. Will post in couple of hours.
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been cool if atleast one of them was decent… ZR2 feels okay atleast but slightly underwhelming.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the lower end, the RQ11 Plymouth Fury looks promising as a low RQ dragger. The RQ5 Chevy Bel Air could be the fastest RQ5 as well. 
  • TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    On the lower end, the RQ11 Plymouth Fury looks promising as a low RQ dragger. The RQ5 Chevy Bel Air could be the fastest RQ5 as well. 
    Yeah, I'm wondering about the fury as well. Just pulled a duster 340, wondering if it has some potential for short wet drags, anyone one yet?
    mikes said:
    Yeah, I'm wondering about the fury as well. Just pulled a duster 340, wondering if it has some potential for short wet drags, anyone one yet?
    Loses to Monte Carlo on all drags. 
    Thanks for posting that list @hajduk_fan! I think I speak for most when I say that you have saved us a lot of time and money.
    Yeah, i spent 100+k coins for upgrades only to find out that they aren't just worse than existing cars, they are complete waste of money and garage.

Absoutely no use of them since they are either 60s or 70s cars and 396 is from 60s and MC is from 70s.
    edited October 2018
    @hajduk_fan; Agreed. Their only use would be in events that require the American Dream tag. The previous US muscle cars don't seem to have the tag. Figures the fastest one is the only one I haven't pulled..
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hajduk_fan; Agreed. Their only use would be in events that require the American Dream tag. The previous US muscle cars don't seem to have the tag. Figures the fastest one is the only one I haven't pulled..
    Remember when Hutch said that they want to start having events, which requires cars from a certain update?  That is the 'American Dream' tag for this update.  'American Dream' doesn't mean all American cars, though.  The new Scuderia has the tag as well.
    Fury is a dog. 3+ seconds slower than Monte Carlo through the 1/4 and 1/2 drags. 
    I just pulled the Duster 340ci. I bet it turns out to be a dog also.

I'm very curious on the uncommon rides. I need to test mine while they are all still stock. 
    yeah, it seems that all Plymouths and Dodges have way worse MRA than Chevys, even higher rated cars
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should of went 303 with an all ... or 033 ... cept 033 don't win a thing 
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Corvette ZR2 (996)

0-100-0 MPH Dry (UK - London, 8 - 1):  15:36

0-100 MPH (Italy, 10 - 1):  9:53

0-120 MPH (UAE, 10 - 2):  14:73

0-150-0 MPH (UAE, 10 - 3):  41:13

0-150 MPH (USA - New York, 2 - 2):  32:76

0-170 MPH  (UAE, 9 - 1):  DNF

1/4 Mile Drag, Rolling (USA - New York, 2 - 1):  11:06

1/4 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 1):  12:46

1/2 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 2):  19:73

1 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 2):  32.40

30-130MPH (Japan - Tokyo, 8 - 1):  17:10

50-150MPH (Germany - Bavaria, 10 - 5):  29:73

75-125MPH (Germany - Stuttgart, 9 - 1):  11:00

Test Bowl, Rolling (UK - London, 8 - 4):  43:40 @ 159MPH

Test Bowl, Standing (Italy, 10 - 2):  45:93 @ 159MPH

The best way to summarize this car is...a huge disappointment!  Worse than the RQ 13 Corvette 396 in most everything.

Next up, the Dodge Charger SRT-8