Skip to content

Update 7.0 Drag Cars (Unlikely and Likely)

Comments

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    bobdylan said:
    anyone test this yet ? 
    Did some quick testing, it outdrags the RQ17 IROC atleast on the longer drags, seems to have decent/good MRA, i’ll use it in the Made in America
  • LSMSCLSMSC Posts: 62 ✭✭
    HEMI Cuda at 993 is 156 / 4.8 / 71 and 1548 weight.

Quick Tests:
    0-100 MPH (Italy, 10 - 1):  10:66

1/4 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 1):  13:16

1 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 2):  33:70

Test Bowl, Standing (Italy, 10 - 2):  48:20 @ 146MPH

• NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    anyone test this yet ? 
    It has better MRA than any of the other plymouths but still not better than the D13 Corvette
  • flight4590flight4590 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    I said it in the "op cars" thread but can someone check out how the Prowler is stacking up?  I'm using it in weekly and I have to say it's a keeper, especially since I bought the 25 free slots plus ceramic.
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

Corvette ZR2 (996)

0-100-0 MPH Dry (UK - London, 8 - 1):  15:36

0-100 MPH (Italy, 10 - 1):  9:53

0-120 MPH (UAE, 10 - 2):  14:73

0-150-0 MPH (UAE, 10 - 3):  41:13

0-150 MPH (USA - New York, 2 - 2):  32:76

0-170 MPH  (UAE, 9 - 1):  DNF

1/4 Mile Drag, Rolling (USA - New York, 2 - 1):  11:06

1/4 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 1):  12:46

1/2 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 2):  19:73

1 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 2):  32.40

30-130MPH (Japan - Tokyo, 8 - 1):  17:10

50-150MPH (Germany - Bavaria, 10 - 5):  29:73

75-125MPH (Germany - Stuttgart, 9 - 1):  11:00

Test Bowl, Rolling (UK - London, 8 - 4):  43:40 @ 159MPH

Test Bowl, Standing (Italy, 10 - 2):  45:93 @ 159MPH

The best way to summarize this car is...a huge disappointment!  Worse than the RQ 13 Corvette 396 in most everything.

Next up, the Dodge Charger SRT-8

Big question is how did these cars get such high RQs when they don't compare to other similarly ranked cars?
    This is the real question!  It represents the issues with the entire collection (minus the Legendary and few worthy epics)....all the new cars can be beaten by existing cars with lower RQs by 5 and more!  Crazy that this RQ18 corvette cannot beat an RQ13 corvette 396 at anything!  What else can beat it?   The existing RQ12 Monte Carlo or the RQ10 Impala SS?  Point is, Why is it in this game and why is it an RQ18?  I’m just curious
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda smells like the Fiat/Alfa Romeo/Lancia update except all these new cars are super underpowered instead of crazy OP. They rebalanced the Italians so may rebalance here.
    @TopDrives40778 Thanks for all the new car data!  Really helpful and appreciated by all of us.  I was hoping anyone/ someone could provide stats on an updraged/ slightly upgraded RQ20 Dodge Magnum SRT-8?  I have a stock one and can post some times but more interested in any upgraded?  Also, I’m also curious about the RQ19 Dodge Challenger GT AWD...wondering which of the two to use in event?  RQ19 is huge vs the RQ20 when setting my lineup.  So, let me know what u guys think and share any data u may have, thnx
    @TopDrives40778 Thanks for all the new car data!  Really helpful and appreciated by all of us.  I was hoping anyone/ someone could provide stats on an updraged/ slightly upgraded RQ20 Dodge Magnum SRT-8?  I have a stock one and can post some times but more interested in any upgraded?  Also, I’m also curious about the RQ19 Dodge Challenger GT AWD...wondering which of the two to use in event?  RQ19 is huge vs the RQ20 when setting my lineup.  So, let me know what u guys think and share any data u may have, thnx
    The RQ19 Dodge Challenger GT AWD's RQ is inflated by the fact it has 4WD. If it wasn't 4WD, it would be super rare. So it will only be competitive for its RQ where the surface or weather is less than ideal, and never in asphalt drag races.
    O__VER said:
    The RQ19 Dodge Challenger GT AWD's RQ is inflated by the fact it has 4WD. If it wasn't 4WD, it would be super rare. So it will only be competitive for its RQ where the surface or weather is less than ideal, and never in asphalt drag races.
    Still loses to Prowler hard.  I love that little Plymouth.
  • Mis1980Mis1980 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I've got the AWD 969 and it's 140/5.3/93 weight 1736kg.  It's not great, poor MRA. It's main pros are the 4WD and the medium height so it might have a place as a twisty / city streets rain car.

Edit to add: If you want any times just let me know.
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    You mean Chrysler?
    O__VER said:
    You mean Chrysler?
    Plymouth in my heart.  Started as one, and feels like one more than a brand known for bland, usually pretty bad cars (Sebring)
    edited October 2018
    O__VER said:
    You mean Chrysler?
    Plymouth in my heart.  Started as one, and feels like one more than a brand known for bland, usually pretty bad cars (Sebring)
    Yeah I had to Google it when I saw it in the game as a Chrysler. I always knew it as a Plymouth Prowler back in my Hot Wheels days.
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    You mean Chrysler?
    Yeah I had to Google it when I saw it in the game as a Chrysler. I always knew it as a Plymouth Prowler back in my Hot Wheels days.
    Same company, same parts, same factories really shouldn’t b separate except to create more brand names in Hutchs list, like RAM to Dodge, Chevy and GMC, and many more.  Dodge is also Chrysler, but now they appear different but back in the 90s/2000’s. ...cars where identical with only a diff. front grill :). So call it what you will....I knew it as a Plymouth Prowler here in Michigan
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, all C4 Corvettes could handle quite well. The ride quality was garbage and the interior left a lot to be desired, but handling was quite good.

The ZR-1 was a monster. More lateral grip than a NSX, much more lateral grip than a Turbo Esprit or a 911 Carrera 4.

• TheTruePwnzorTheTruePwnzor Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    mikes said:
    Yeah, all C4 Corvettes could handle quite well. The ride quality was garbage and the interior left a lot to be desired, but handling was quite good.

The ZR-1 was a monster. More lateral grip than a NSX, much more lateral grip than a Turbo Esprit or a 911 Carrera 4.

Build quality was a joke. Mine had panel gaps you could wedge a deck of cards into and the interior was made from melted down children's toys and the foil that comes around a stick of gum.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

94 ! 

my 94 handeling crew .... good company 
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    Is the C17 Camaro Iroc z/28 from1990 any good? What bout the C16 Camaro IROC-Z from 1984?
    I got these cars recently and I am wondering if they are worth upgrading. 
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    anyone maxed one of these yet .... two star tune so far but 92 handeling .... 90s vette.... 92 .... handeling .... 90s.... vette.... Wait wut
    This '93 Corvette has 92 handling, yet a brand new Lotus Elise from 2015 is not even close.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the C17 Camaro Iroc z/28 from1990 any good? What bout the C16 Camaro IROC-Z from 1984?
    I got these cars recently and I am wondering if they are worth upgrading. 
    The C17 served me well in the Prelims and again in the current side-event.
  • krystiankrystian Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭
    bobdylan said:
    anyone maxed one of these yet .... two star tune so far but 92 handeling .... 90s vette.... 92 .... handeling .... 90s.... vette.... Wait wut

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

RQ 24 Camaro ZL1 2012 (996)

0-100-0 MPH Dry (UK - London, 8 - 1):  11:83

0-100 MPH (Italy, 10 - 1):  7:73

0-120 MPH (UAE, 10 - 2):  11:73

0-150-0 MPH (UAE, 10 - 3):  29:13

0-150 MPH (USA - New York, 2 - 2):  23:16

0-170 MPH  (UAE, 9 - 1):  39:50

1/4 Mile Drag, Rolling (USA - New York, 2 - 1):  10:43

1/4 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 1):  11:60

1/2 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 2):  18:46

1 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 3):  30:33

30-130MPH (Japan - Tokyo, 8 - 1):  13:26

50-150MPH (Germany - Bavaria, 10 - 5):  20:66

75-125MPH (Germany - Stuttgart, 9 - 1):  8:53

Test Bowl, Rolling (UK - London, 8 - 4):  40:76 @ 173MPH

Test Bowl, Standing (Italy, 10 - 2):  42:86 @ 172MPH

@Hutch_Tim  -  This is the first time I've ever been 100% convinced immediately by testing that there is a mistake with the MRA on a car.  

Of particular note:
    Stock (000)
    1/4 Mile Drag:  12.40  -  this is probably 0.3 to 0.5 seconds slower than most all of the published data (not just one particular source, so I'm not going to link to something specific)

And also with comparing the best tests of MRA (and not being fair to the TVR because it is 969, not 996).

RQ 24 TVR Sagaris (969)

30-130MPH (Japan - Tokyo, 8 - 1):  10:93

50-150MPH (Germany - Bavaria, 10 - 5):  15:93

75-125MPH (Germany - Stuttgart, 9 - 1):  6:76

Even taking into account that the 996 ZL1 has 2.6 pounds per horsepower to move, whereas the 969 Sagaris has 2.2, the differences are vast (almost 5 seconds with the 50 to 150 MPH test).

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only run a few tests

RQ 20 Dodge Magnum SRT-8 (969)

Twisty Circuit:  1:09:73

1/4 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 1):  12:93

1 Mile Drag, Standing (USA - New York, 5 - 3):  33:96

Test Bowl, Rolling (USA - New York, 10 - 2):  45:43 @ 154MPH

• 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikes said:

Build quality was a joke. Mine had panel gaps you could wedge a deck of cards into and the interior was made from melted down children's toys and the foil that comes around a stick of gum.
    This could be a cool idea for some new car packs in Top Drives:
    -Melted down children's toys plastic pack
    -Gum foil pack
    I like it!!! :)
    @bobdylan I see a competition for your favourite plastics!

• ShadowFTLShadowFTL Posts: 104 ✭✭
    And what about mra of dodge viper rt/10? 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowFTL said:
    And what about mra of dodge viper rt/10? 
    It's terrible.  Pair it against the C18 Corvette ZR2 and the Viper will win the 1/4 mile, but the ZR2 will pass it for a win at the 1/2 mile.  Don't know how the 1 mile ends up.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krystian said:
    bobdylan said:

How can this car be as good around corners as an R35 GT-R? the GTR should handle better than 95, like 98 or something maxed, like the evos