Skip to content

So, which prize car will be the next event prize?

1495051525355»

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    I'm thinking either the Peugeot 905 or 908 slick tyre race cars
    It's a repeat, so won't be those unless Hutch breaks tradition again.
    I dont think there's any set rule tho, and while it usually alternates between new and rerun, it doesn't always.
    And I think they need a big one soon to really drive pack openings.
    True, Hutch probably think they need that. Really what they need is new content and big exciting events to drive excitement in the game, and I'm not talking about new cars. Loads of talk in other TD groups of people feeling extremely bored with the game currently and just token entering events to get rewards.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    O__VER said:
    I dont think there's any set rule tho, and while it usually alternates between new and rerun, it doesn't always.
    With the exception of the odd two "new" events in November, the new-repeat cycle has held consistent for the last year.

O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    True, Hutch probably think they need that. Really what they need is new content and big exciting events to drive excitement in the game, and I'm not talking about new cars. Loads of talk in other TD groups of people feeling extremely bored with the game currently and just token entering events to get rewards.
    We badly need a new single-player championship (or possibly multiple, so people can choose which one to work on).  In just over a month, it will be a year since the first player finished the Yellowbird campaign.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I bet the year of the ox events would have compensate, sad they are not ready, but I do.prefer them taking their time to deliver something without bugs
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    O__VER said:
    O__VER said:
    We badly need a new single-player championship (or possibly multiple, so people can choose which one to work on).  In just over a month, it will be a year since the first player finished the Yellowbird campaign.
    I agree. I would think it wouldn't require too much to code or set up a new one, but who knows based on how they set up the infrastructure when they made the YB challenge.

According to the spreadsheet there are 9 Epics and 5 Ultra Rares that have not been given out, which isn't a lot to choose from, especially if there are roughly 2 special tag challenges with each update that have traditionally had Epics and/or Ultras as a prize as you work through the ladder. I think they are running low on prize cars to give away for Championships.

With that being said, I think they need to come up with a creative way to re-release some of these epic and ultra rare prize cars. Examples that come to mind are the Mazda BBR MX-5 GT270, Subaru 22B, and Alfa & Renault BTCC cars while preventing someone from obtaining 2 of them. I have some thoughts, but I will save them for another day to avoid hijacking this thread.
    They could easily re-use the H3T and Yukon XL, without worrying about dupes.  The H3T is so old, that many people don't have it and the Yukon XL just isn't that useful.  (I only want them for completion purposes.)
  • JayJay Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11
    Wonder how the Gumpert Apollo R performs @Hutch_Tim :smile:

• Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 681 admin
    As shown in this showcase video, here's the benchmarks for the Gumpert Apollo R:

A key element is how it does against the Moby Dick, which you are likely to encounter in DE events. As you might have guessed from the worse 0-60 and top speed, it doesn't beat the Moby Dick on the fastest tracks, but it takes the advantage as soon as things get a bit twistier.

Unfortunately the Apollo R can't find an advantage against the Porsche 962 C stock vs stock - although it's close enough that a single fusion into handling (so 336) will let the Apollo R take the win against a 333 962 C on the Twisty Circuit SS, G-Force, Slalom and Car Park.

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaguar XJR-9 next then
    Jaguar XJR-9 next then
    I got a feeling this one is going to be a dog fight
    edited March 18
    Kcray said:
    Jaguar XJR-9 next then
    If what someone on facebook said is to be believed then MRA is around 115 from a previous weekly challenge, kills the 787 and the lc2, hope the restrictions are good for me, was saving my cash and gold for the next update but may have to use it for this if I have a half decent starting hand.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    Jaguar XJR-9 next then
    If what someone on facebook said is to be believed then MRA is around 115 from a previous weekly challenge, kills the 787 and the lc2, hope the restrictions are good for me, was saving my cash and gold for the next update but may have to use it for this if I have a half decent starting hand.
    They do it every time. OP prize car just before update to make sure people get into the new update completely broke
    TD42792 said:
    Kcray said:
    Jaguar XJR-9 next then
    They do it every time. OP prize car just before update to make sure people get into the new update completely broke
    That being said, if the leaks are correct "and sometimes hutch change things before it starts" the restrictions don't suit my garage and there'd be nothing in the packs that I'd want outside of this tri series, so I'm probably not bothering with this one and will continue to save.
    I'm expecting a undesirable rerun like the Cadillac CTS-V or Cien, but with restrictions that allow people to pull really desirable cars in the finals CF.
    I'm expecting a undesirable rerun like the Cadillac CTS-V or Cien, but with restrictions that allow people to pull really desirable cars in the finals CF.
    Not a bad thought. @TopDrives40778 has me thinking the Porsche 911 GT1 Road Car is a great option for rerun. Also, we have Porsche as mystery manufacturer for the weekend challenge. It was last run in January 2018, so a lot of the current players don't have it in their garage, thus making a lot bigger pool of players competing. It also has Year of the Ox tag which is probably coming soon which might help in the attractiveness of the prize because there are a lot of Porsches out there that are better than this one.

Was given out 1178 days ago lol.
    Almost 7.5k races and 74% win ratio isn't bad.
    Still gets used in German 90's events. 

• TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Kcray said:
    Also, we have Porsche as mystery manufacturer for the weekend challenge.
    How do you know about that 😳 !? I would really appreciate this haha
    Kcray said:
    Also, we have Porsche as mystery manufacturer for the weekend challenge.
    How do you know about that 😳 !? I would really appreciate this haha
    The hint from the last series challenge
    @TopDrives40778
    911 GT1 Road car is next Tri-series
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    @TopDrives40778
     B) 
    Kcray said:
    @TopDrives40778
     B) 
    Relaxed weekend for me then, it was my 1st ever prize car I believe.