Skip to content

Unbelievable results

Comments

• ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    699 CT6? 
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sand means it’s all about traction and MRA. I mean, it’s not right but aslong as the traction bonus is there it Will be like this. Good thing there’s not a lot of events where We have to run standard tyres on sand/snow/ice
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    I think we can all agree that this should not happen
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

He might have fused several sq5 into that porsche ;-)
  • johns294johns294 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    Race results said something about lower mass?
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭

From PL7.5. It hasn’t been tested yet in PL8. 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted these 918s are not being used on their ideal tracks, but my 699 should beat a 666 on literally anything.

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Granted these 918s are not being used on their ideal tracks, but my 699 should beat a 666 on literally anything.

Might be that thing about extra mass increasing traction on low grip surfaces?
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    BoxtaS said:
    O__VER said:

Can someone explain me who came up with this myth?
    Extra weight equals more traction? 
    Like where does that originate from?
    I never heard of this in my whole life.
    There are even videos out there on youtube where a Suzuki Jimny or Lada Niva beat Hummers or Land rovers just because they are lighter and do not get stuck in mud. 

The only thing I know from my old country is that people who drove old Mercedes sedans used to put bags of sand in the trunk of their car so that the rear end has more grip with the surface, it was more a ballast thing than actually adding weight=traction. 

So can someone from elaborate how can more weight be better?

• BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vladimir1989 I believe hutch built it into the vehicle dynamics. I think there’s some truth in the principle but the impact was exaggerated in the game. I thought they had changed it in PL7 but not sure.

the threads about the 959 Dakar’s poor hill climb performance should contain hutch’s explanation, and forumer’s counter-arguments if you can find them
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    BoxtaS said:
    O__VER said:

Can someone explain me who came up with this myth?
    Extra weight equals more traction? 
    Like where does that originate from?
    I never heard of this in my whole life.
    There are even videos out there on youtube where a Suzuki Jimny or Lada Niva beat Hummers or Land rovers just because they are lighter and do not get stuck in mud. 

The only thing I know from my old country is that people who drove old Mercedes sedans used to put bags of sand in the trunk of their car so that the rear end has more grip with the surface, it was more a ballast thing than actually adding weight=traction. 

So can someone from elaborate how can more weight be better?

Please, I've had discussions about this several times with different users and each time there is someone saying I am wrong and they are right because having a heavier car = faster car lol

Meanwhile we have Koenigsegg using carbon fiber rims on there Koenigsegg Jesko. What are they doing?!? Don't they know some users on the hutch forum absolutely know that more weight makes a car faster?!?! They have no idea what they are doing. /s

Lol
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭
    Another weird one:
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another weird one:
    the Twingo is RWD.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGPD said:
    Another weird one:
    the Twingo is RWD.
    They are both a Twingo and both 2016 models, is it fair to assume that Renault changed the entire drivetrain layout for those who wanted a standard or GT spec?
    TGPD said:
    Another weird one:
    the Twingo is RWD.
    They are both a Twingo and both 2016 models, is it fair to assume that Renault changed the entire drivetrain layout for those who wanted a standard or GT spec?
    Nah the one on the left has an incorrect date and should be a 2008 if I recall correctly. The one on the right is correct.
  • Destroyer2k11999Destroyer2k11999 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    Another weird one:
    the Twingo is RWD.
    Nah the one on the left has an incorrect date and should be a 2008 if I recall correctly. The one on the right is correct.

That was my clunky/roundabout way of saying one is definitely wrong lol
    O__VER said:
    TGPD said:
    Another weird one:
    the Twingo is RWD.

That was my clunky/roundabout way of saying one is definitely wrong lol
    Ah my bad, I didn't detect the sarcasm!
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭

I remember someone told me Corvette GS is decent.   :D
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheat0r said:

I remember someone told me Corvette GS is decent.   :D
    It is decent, it's just that the jag is amazing 
    Twinkie said:
    Now i got a weird one...
    A 363 Chiron loses to a 333 and a 393 one on dirty 0-100-0
    I dont think there is any good ecplanation for this

Yeah it seems to be an issue with powerful cars on dirt drags. I had a similar issue on a previous page with my maxed 918 being beaten by a 666 918.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    floop200 said:
    Just don't know how to comment on this...
    339 lose to 336 in dry slalom..

No comment necessary, a picture says a thousand words!  :)
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    didnt hutch improve mra of that 720s?

• malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

Twisty road, dirt.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

303 rs wins against 033 rs500