Comments

• TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:
    O__VER said:
    rkoralle said:
    200hp difference dont matter...

Yeah that Merc has miserable MRA and should be higher handling too. It should, if Hutch ever corrects it properly, be Legendary.
    Yeah I was told this is on the fix list… let’s see with the next update.
    In itself this car’s performance doesnt make sense, but it’s especially wrong that the older ml63 is much better in handling and mra. So here is to hoping that it wont get forgotten in the next update.
    I CANT BELIEVE THE GLE63S HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. Just incredible

At least based on what patch notes say
    And the patch notes explain why
    Do you know where I can find the Patch notes ?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:
    O__VER said:
    rkoralle said:

Yeah that Merc has miserable MRA and should be higher handling too. It should, if Hutch ever corrects it properly, be Legendary.
    In itself this car’s performance doesnt make sense, but it’s especially wrong that the older ml63 is much better in handling and mra. So here is to hoping that it wont get forgotten in the next update.

Right, didnt see the gle mentioned but ok, we will get a shiny new car instead
    Just so happens that others got their epics turn maxed legend and I get the short end of the stick once again, but hey such is life
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:
    O__VER said:
    rkoralle said:

Do you know where I can find the Patch notes ?
    https://forums.hutch.io/discussion/11678/top-drives-japan-pro-tour-release-notes
    TD42792 said:
    HeissRod said:
    TD42792 said:
    TD42792 said:
    O__VER said:
    rkoralle said:

Right, didnt see the gle mentioned but ok, we will get a shiny new car instead
    Just so happens that others got their epics turn maxed legend and I get the short end of the stick once again, but hey such is life
    I've got a GLE 63, but no ML 63.  I feel your pain.
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm
  • BlackXWulfBlackXWulf Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm
    Never underestimate the power of that one wheel 😂
  • willcf15willcf15 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm
    Imagine you challenge a guy in a Isetta to a race on a hill climb in your Alfa. You think you got it in the bag. There is no way this three wheeled "car" will beat you. You accelerate quickly off the line but eventually you begin to bog down and can't go any further. In your rearview mirror, you see the Isetta slowly making its way up. You expect it to bog down as well but no, that three wheeled "car" keeps chugging along and makes it up to the top. You sit there wondering what just happened but then you realize that you are in a fantasy world that uses Top Drives physics. 

I'm honestly going to miss this if TD goes through with this "realism overhaul". I think part of what makes this game fun is the (not necessarily realistic) variability between the cars. Like, does a a trailblazer SS really have way less grip than a Suzuki Vitara from the same era? Probably not. But does it make for interesting collecting and races? You bet.

I'm very concerned that the realism overhaul will make for a much strict "hierarchy" where there are fewer outliers with high/low handling or good/bad MRA, making the the race wins almost always go to the car with more RQ, and as a result the game will lose a bit of strategy and depth.
    Hmmmm
    Imagine you challenge a guy in a Isetta to a race on a hill climb in your Alfa. You think you got it in the bag. There is no way this three wheeled "car" will beat you. You accelerate quickly off the line but eventually you begin to bog down and can't go any further. In your rearview mirror, you see the Isetta slowly making its way up. You expect it to bog down as well but no, that three wheeled "car" keeps chugging along and makes it up to the top. You sit there wondering what just happened but then you realize that you are in a fantasy world that uses Top Drives physics. 

This was your opponent 😂😂😂you just had a final boss battle 😂
  • AltaAlta Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited September 4
    Yup, GLE will go legendary when it's fixed so it falls under the substitute-and-replace policy. 
    Which I dislike in the first place. I think for cars that are so broken that they're needed (e.g. Jaguar XJS Trans-Am) it would be fine, but if its used for practically any car going up/down a rarity it'll be an absolute mess. The GLE/Lingenfelter/any cars that are currently Epics that would most likely go to Legendary RQ levels within a next update should remain Epics. I disagree with tampering with people's garages because of errors/inconsistencies made on Hutch's end that'll punish the playerbase. I can understand not causing too much disruption, but imo this'll cause even more disruption. 

And what would the "perform-a-like" be like? It'll be an entirely different car with different uses. Say the Furai was moved up to Legendary, and people were given the Nissan Silvia JGTC or the KTM X-Bow RR or something with similar performance. Now, that Furai that you lost, was traded in for an update car that'll be more useful now. Or for the KTM, something far less useful. And what if you maxed the Furai, like many others did? You're simply gonna hand them a brand new maxed Epic into their garage? How do you keep track of this? If you're not going to do that, how would you compensate them? It's completely inconsistent and leaves so many open-ended questions that I disagree with "perform-a-like" fundamentally. 
    Alta said:
    Yup, GLE will go legendary when it's fixed so it falls under the substitute-and-replace policy. 
    Which I dislike in the first place. I think for cars that are so broken that they're needed (e.g. Jaguar XJS Trans-Am) it would be fine, but if its used for practically any car going up/down a rarity it'll be an absolute mess. The GLE/Lingenfelter/any cars that are currently Epics that would most likely go to Legendary RQ levels within a next update should remain Epics. I disagree with tampering with people's garages because of errors/inconsistencies made on Hutch's end that'll punish the playerbase. I can understand not causing too much disruption, but imo this'll cause even more disruption. 

And what would the "perform-a-like" be like? It'll be an entirely different car with different uses. Say the Furai was moved up to Legendary, and people were given the Nissan Silvia JGTC or the KTM X-Bow RR or something with similar performance. Now, that Furai that you lost, was traded in for an update car that'll be more useful now. Or for the KTM, something far less useful. And what if you maxed the Furai, like many others did? You're simply gonna hand them a brand new maxed Epic into their garage? How do you keep track of this? If you're not going to do that, how would you compensate them? It's completely inconsistent and leaves so many open-ended questions that I disagree with "perform-a-like" fundamentally. 
    I am just speculating but I think we might see a big reshuffle where all epics above epic rq will be transferred to legendary and swapped for epic equivalents in players’ garages. This is what I would do if I were Hutch. It kinda looks ugly all these above rq80 epics, and it will allow them not to have people with free maxed legendaries any more (at least no new ones). I agree it sucks for the players but it will make the game a lot more consistent internally. Think of it like a one-off, big re-shuffle of many cars for everyone.
  • rkorallerkoralle Posts: 837 ✭✭✭
    So why should i waste epics?

363 v 333?
    Heiss is correct, I mean what you expect from a engine upgrade vs weight and power increase upgrade, it's the same thing for the McLaren 12C weight upgrade, and depending on the track it varies who really wins. I look at it this way if the cars I'm using aren't maxed out I don't care the out come because the mechanics of this game is wonky

I don't think it should operate that way.  I was just asking what tunes they were.
    Oh I know people forget to put the spec sheet in their screen shot but it's not a problem I wish these mishaps should be corrected because miniscule upgrades sometimes don't make a difference no matter what you improve which sucks in this game and real world 
    Like seriously, this is really annoying with the same cars
    Yes, sometimes 996 wins Hairpin

Something I found while scrolling through in-game forum
    Also, the r390 gt1 race car has much lower 0-60, higher top speed… yet looses to the road car by a good margin on test bowl.

Oh Hutch, you will just never learn (how to use your acceleration curves, and how to select tracks for events).
    TD42792 said:
    Also, the r390 gt1 race car has much lower 0-60, higher top speed… yet looses to the road car by a good margin on test bowl.

Oh Hutch, you will just never learn (how to use your acceleration curves, and how to select tracks for events).
    Yeah that's more of a testament to the R390 GT1's MRA (somehow less than the 911 GT1). Imo the R390's 0-60 should be reevaluated (maybe 3.4-3.5 seconds) and then maybe the hierarchy would be balanced. Albeit that may or may not **** off R390 Road Car owners. 
    edited September 12
    Realistically, the best thing to compare the R390 to in the game really is the VW Nardo/Porsche 911 GT1 Road Car. And considering how the R390 is about 200-259 kg lighter than both with a little more torque but right between them for power (14 more than the Porsche, 40 less than the VW), 3.4-3.5 (at the high end, 3.7) seconds seems like a reasonable time. 
    Not sure I follow you. You’re saying 0-60 for the 390 race should be nerfed, or for the road car?
    More aero on the race car means more drag?
    HeissRod said:
    More aero on the race car means more drag?
    As in so much drag that it cannot reach its higher top speed that by definition it can reach? ;)
    Top Drive paradox.
    edited September 12
    TD42792 said:
    Not sure I follow you. You’re saying 0-60 for the 390 race should be nerfed, or for the road car?
    I mean for the road car, sorry if that wasn't clear. The R390 Road Car should have its 0-60 lowered imo to fit the hierarchy better and because realistically the 0-60 would probably be closer to the Nardo then the XJ220/CTR Yellowbird. And lower the 0-100 to 6.9. 
    Classic top drives facepalm moment

TD42792 said:

That's weird the track edition is heavier and have less power in comparison. What was the reason for loss? 
    edited September 21
    TD42792 said:

That's weird the track edition is heavier and have less power in comparison. What was the reason for loss? 
    Idk. My guess is **** mra curves. And probably the thing where more power means more slip on rain