Skip to content

Yellowbird

Comments

• MoogMoog Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    I think of it like an epic copo camaro. The yellowbird is overpowered for its chassis and no electronical control helps driving it. on a gforce test the driver would either have to drive very carefully (=slow) or he would need to drift (=slow).

It is not incredibly fast on the Nordschleife, for example, i found a lap time of 8:05 and, actually, there are street legal bentleys who seem to have beaten that time. So while the Yellowbird without doubt will have adantages on the straight, it will have disadvatages taking the turns and this should be reflected with a lower handling.

Sure but the driver in the game drives perfectly, right, so on the perfect limit of the car. The handling score in the game is what the car is capable of otherwise caterhams, KTMs etc would also have poor handling.
    The video is showboating, that’s not how you set a lap time, F1 cars can go sideways if they want them too. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    Moog said:
    01718 said:
    I would argue that the CTR Yellowbird can stay RQ 26, get the correct acceleration but at the same time the handling should be reduced to a value that allows a green monster to beat it on fast circuit.
    There are already a Epic Bentleys that have better handling, if it’s reduced further then a Qashqai will be whooping it on g-force
    I think of it like an epic copo camaro. The yellowbird is overpowered for its chassis and no electronical control helps driving it. on a gforce test the driver would either have to drive very carefully (=slow) or he would need to drift (=slow).

It is not incredibly fast on the Nordschleife, for example, i found a lap time of 8:05 and, actually, there are street legal bentleys who seem to have beaten that time. So while the Yellowbird without doubt will have adantages on the straight, it will have disadvatages taking the turns and this should be reflected with a lower handling.

Couldnt keep watching, too scary to look at. Looked like he was driving on ice or gravel 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    01718 said:

Sure but the driver in the game drives perfectly, right, so on the perfect limit of the car. The handling score in the game is what the car is capable of otherwise caterhams, KTMs etc would also have poor handling.
    The video is showboating, that’s not how you set a lap time, F1 cars can go sideways if they want them too. 
    How is it in top drives now? Do cars always have 100% traction on dry asphalt or is it possible to Lose traction because of too much Power (basically the old demon Bug).

And how is the "driving slower to avoid drifting" reflected in the game now? 

Anyway, I can live with the Bird in the current or other slightly altered versions. Realism has its Limits. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    Moog said:
    01718 said:

How is it in top drives now? Do cars always have 100% traction on dry asphalt or is it possible to Lose traction because of too much Power (basically the old demon Bug).
    Isn't that when the traction triangle comes on?
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:
    Moog said:
    01718 said:

Yeah but does that happen on dry asphalt? 
    01718 said:
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:
    Moog said:
    01718 said:

Yeah but does that happen on dry asphalt? 
    Good question.  Haven't really paid attention in the past.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With this championship Hutch will finally be able to give the bird to all the players 
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    If it goes up in RQ, I believe it would stay epic, like the ZL1 and Audis.
    Sounds fair! Let's hope for that...I remember you saying that the team of @mikes @TopDrives40778 and you are not responsible for RQ balancing though, am I right?

Big congratulations to @TopDrives40778, that car looks absolutely wondeful.

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Sounds fair! Let's hope for that...I remember you saying that the team of @mikes @TopDrives40778 and you are not responsible for RQ balancing though, am I right?

We have zero responsibility for RQ balancing in any way, shape or form 
    HeissRod said:

Right.  We have no influence in that.  I'm only basing that on the fact that a lot of players will eventually earn this in the Championship and it would cause a huge problem to move it to Legendary after only some of the players pulled it.  Way more of an issue that the recent Aston and TVR moving to Legendary, right after the packs started dropping them.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:

HeissRod said:

My memory served me well then
    Can confirm, you are the first and only person to have unlocked the Yellowbird so far!
    How many have it now, nearly two weeks later?
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    1 more race from Italy left for me then on to the final run, so i'm 2/3's of the way there due to each race now costing 300 points
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Still trying to figure out the cars required to beat the German SR set ( set 5 in "Road to Yellowbird" ) 

Can't really see an SR German car that can beat either the ZR2 on rolling 1/4 or the 275 Trophy-R on the slalom. So I am guessing you need to take the loss on the slalom and then win the rolling 1/4 by as much as possible?
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Moby dick 333 against zr2 and take some 15rq(vw lupo) to take a loss against megane
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greddy said:
    Moby dick 333 against zr2 and take some 15rq to take a loss against megane
    Yeah, that is my current setup. Didn't want to waste 300 renown trying it though haha.
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure this set out too and I'm d*ck-less! I'm thinking porsche 911 gt2 rs. But would I need a fuse or too? I know it has great MRA.
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rq15 boxster beats the focus - lose the slalom and your best dragger on 1/4 should do it
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Can someone send a picture of set 5?
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    4 x SR, 5 x DE

Set 5: cheeky! First time I’ve seen it but I think I need to look out for, and build a few cars for this. 
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set 5 has an RQ90 limit. 

As per some @HeissRod advice in the other thread, I used, Porsche 962C (29), VW Lupo (15), Porsche Boxster (15), Opel GT (16) and Porsche 928 S (15)

Looking ahead, RQ90 will equate to RQ245 (5 x 49) in the modern new world. Based on this then, VW Lupo (41), Porsche Boxster (42), Opel GT (44) and Porsche 928 S (41), which totals RQ168. Leaving 77RQ to play with. Best I can see for that would be the Porsche 911GT3 RS.

Of course this is all hypothetical at this stage, but it will be interesting to see if the RQ limit changes to a higher value than the current equivalence for the Yellowbird races when the update drops. Otherwise it could become harder still. 

That’s a very good point! I forgot they’re going to shake up the RQ system.
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Set 5 has an RQ90 limit. 

As per some @HeissRod advice in the other thread, I used, Porsche 962C (29), VW Lupo (15), Porsche Boxster (15), Opel GT (16) and Porsche 928 S (15)

Looking ahead, RQ90 will equate to RQ245 (5 x 49) in the modern new world. Based on this then, VW Lupo (41), Porsche Boxster (42), Opel GT (44) and Porsche 928 S (41), which totals RQ168. Leaving 77RQ to play with. Best I can see for that would be the Porsche 911GT3 RS.

Of course this is all hypothetical at this stage, but it will be interesting to see if the RQ limit changes to a higher value than the current equivalence for the Yellowbird races when the update drops. Otherwise it could become harder still. 

At this point doesn’t the challenge become imposible?
    4 x SR, 5 x DE

Has anyone thought about the BMW 850CSi in a 99x tune? The ZR2 has an MRA of 72.33 and the BMW 77,94 (Top Drives Club).

It is a rolling start. Is it correct, that the rolling start speed is 60 mph? I calculated that the 60-100 time for the BMW is 5.90s and for the ZR2 it is 5.806 (possible rounding errors due to the rounded 0-60 times on the cards). It now depends how the MRA beyond 100 mph plays out and how close we are to the finish line. My gut feeling would be that the ZR2 wins this, but I might be wrong.

If someone has the time for the ZR2 we might find someone with a 99x 850 CSi to check my theory on West Coast 6.

• goshkogoshko Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    4 x SR, 5 x DE

Has anyone thought about the BMW 850CSi in a 99x tune? The ZR2 has an MRA of 72.33 and the BMW 77,94 (Top Drives Club).

It is a rolling start. Is it correct, that the rolling start speed is 60 mph? I calculated that the 60-100 time for the BMW is 5.90s and for the ZR2 it is 5.806 (possible rounding errors due to the rounded 0-60 times on the cards). It now depends how the MRA beyond 100 mph plays out and how close we are to the finish line. My gut feeling would be that the ZR2 wins this, but I might be wrong.

If someone has the time for the ZR2 we might find someone with a 99x 850 CSi to check my theory on West Coast 6.

has been tried and failed
    Thanks, @goshko.

So if you happen to have started the game a little too late to collect 5 Austins (hello @Mrpiratepete ) you need to have one of a very limited number of cars that can keep up with the Moby or you are doomed to fail this challenge?

Wow...
    That's what I'm thinking too. And I have the gt3 rs. So the question is do I want the yellow bird enough to build up the gt3 to get the win I need if 333 doesn't work. How many epics do i want to sacrifice to win an epic? The yellowbird in someones hand may be a very rare beast indeed.