Skip to content

Yellowbird

Comments

• greddygreddy Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I would wait till new rq rebalance for everyone lacking moby dick or 962c. 
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    does anybody know if this is enough to make 150 points(at 363)? Has it been documented that exatly 9 seconds is the cutoff point?
  • AnzatoroAnzatoro Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    @TopDrives40778 out of curiosity, how long exactly did it take you?
    I suppose tier1 in every event available from the start including special events and tri-series in combination with zero mistakes in the yellowbird races?
    That's quite a feat but I suppose in order to get tier1 in everything you also need quite a super garage?
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events started giving out Renown on January 26th.  It's math from there.
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/8548/tell-us-about-renown/p1
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anzatoro said:
    @TopDrives40778 out of curiosity, how long exactly did it take you?
    I suppose tier1 in every event available from the start including special events and tri-series in combination with zero mistakes in the yellowbird races?
    That's quite a feat but I suppose in order to get tier1 in everything you also need quite a super garage?
    I got the Yellowbird on April 16th.  I believe I missed Tier 1 in one event and had 2 mistakes in the Yellowbird races.
    edited April 2020
    I'm a little disappointed that I haven't seen an event for @TopDrives40778 to make good use of his Yellowbird these past few weeks.  Hopefully we'll see something soon.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
    Just to confirm if anyone is having trouble at state 5 the M8 (363) won by 158 point if I remember correctly with a time of 9:03
  • PaquaPaqua Posts: 41 ✭✭
    goshko said:
    Just to confirm if anyone is having trouble at state 5 the M8 (363) won by 158 point if I remember correctly with a time of 9:03
    Would you say 9:10 would do aswell? My fastest car is a porsche 917 (123 tune)
    Paqua said:
    goshko said:
    Would you say 9:10 would do aswell? My fastest car is a porsche 917 (123 tune)
    Not sure, but my guess would be that is gonna be really borderline, probably needs one more fuse.
  • PGleo86PGleo86 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I just got my hand together for round 5 of the finals, just in time too - next event end I'll have the renown. I'll be using Moby Dick (111), VW Corrado VR6 (323), RQ15 Boxster (323), Opel GT (323) and BMW M1 (332) in order. Should work, I'm guessing. Hope so - having looked at the RQ rebalance sheet, I need to get there with my current hand before 11.2 drops!
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't think there's any real rush, Hutch aren't going to break the challenge and then just leave it brok...haha I got most of the way done writing and then remembered it's Hutch we're talking about. Carry on guys. I need to make 420 renown ASAP.
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    2 x T3 and I can enter stage 5...👍🏼
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    I agree. It's moved from requiring a lot of thought and planning on which cars I needed, had, or had to look out for to something that anyone with a broad garage should be able to go through quite easily. I have the dreaded stage 5 next and i had been giving serious thought about how I'd do this stage; now however I'll just burn through stage 5 and the rest and achieving the yellow bird is now "when" and not "if". Feels a damp squib now.

Can we have it as something like the Moby dick?  The Moby dick js a car that makes such a difference. I accept however that I'll never have it and it's a differentiator for people who have played a long time and have good garages. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Its no challenge anymore but just a grind, take your best cars and win it. Which makes the Yellowbird kinda useless in the long run as everyone and his brother (the one that usually sells the cars) will have it.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even an average garage can pull in about 50 renown a day, 9000 needed (if my maths is right) that’s 180 days, leave a bit on the bone for mistakes and I think 200 days is fair? 
    I can’t find the original post from Hutch on the introduction of the series but I’m pretty sure it was intended to be an accomplishment, not a grind that everyone will complete. 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    So the yellowbird should be available only to the top x% of garages?
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    01718 said:
    I don't get all the complains either. It's like any other car from single player.
    01718 said:
    Personally I would say yes definitely.
    adms87 said:
    01718 said:
    I don't get all the complains either. It's like any other car from single player.
    I’m not complaining really, I’d just like clarification before I start fusing a car that will be about as useful as a Honda Beat. 
    @LittleEnosBurdette  I feel like it was intended to be a Challenge/Campaign type situation where most players would eventually get it.  I will see if I can confirm that.
    Thanks, I’d just appreciate a bit of clarification on it. 
    01718 said:
    No, the Yellowbird should be available to players who figured out the key cars needed for each stage.  With the increased RQ, you no longer have to figure out the cars to use in each race on a limited RQ.  Now you just bring out your best cars and win.
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:
    No, the Yellowbird should be available to players who figured out the key cars needed for each stage.  With the increased RQ, you no longer have to figure out the cars to use in each race on a limited RQ.  Now you just bring out your best cars and win.
    ... which was different under the old RQ system. So yeah, this changed from being a challenge requiring some key cars to a numb grind and therefore useless prize. Good we talked about before i maxed it.

HeissRod said:
    01718 said:
    ... which was different under the old RQ system. So yeah, this changed from being a challenge requiring some key cars to a numb grind and therefore useless prize. Good we talked about before i maxed it.

Actually, maxing it is the best idea.  Everyone will eventually have it, but not everyone will have it maxed.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:

Actually, maxing it is the best idea.  Everyone will eventually have it, but not everyone will have it maxed.
    This is right for the Moby, but for an epic? Way easier to max, so i expect lots more of them. Max yellowbird will be a must to get the draw and nothing which gives an edge (as your opponent hasnt pulled it).
    Anyway, great car, cool challenge, hope we see more ot this stuff!

• PaquaPaqua Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Is there only one tune then? I see both 996 and 699.
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:

This is right for the Moby, but for an epic? Way easier to max, so i expect lots more of them. Max yellowbird will be a must to get the draw and nothing which gives an edge (as your opponent hasnt pulled it).

Isn't drawing better than losing? If it's the OP for certain event not maxing is not a good idea. That said it doesn't mean I wouldn't like a bit of challenge to win the car, I just wasn't expecting it to not be available to everyone at some point of the game.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:

Well this is meant to be the first in a series of championships I believe so hopefully they will continue, this also makes me think the yellow bird won’t be open ended till everyone gets it.