Skip to content

Yellowbird

Comments

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    01718 said:
    So the yellowbird should be available only to the top x% of garages?
    No, the Yellowbird should be available to players who figured out the key cars needed for each stage.  With the increased RQ, you no longer have to figure out the cars to use in each race on a limited RQ.  Now you just bring out your best cars and win.
    ... which was different under the old RQ system. So yeah, this changed from being a challenge requiring some key cars to a numb grind and therefore useless prize. Good we talked about before i maxed it.

Actually, maxing it is the best idea.  Everyone will eventually have it, but not everyone will have it maxed.
    This is right for the Moby, but for an epic? Way easier to max, so i expect lots more of them. Max yellowbird will be a must to get the draw and nothing which gives an edge (as your opponent hasnt pulled it).
    Anyway, great car, cool challenge, hope we see more ot this stuff!

Well this is meant to be the first in a series of championships I believe so hopefully they will continue, this also makes me think the yellow bird won’t be open ended till everyone gets it. 
    I can't find the reply, but I believe one of the Hutch staff said in another thread that there wasn't an end date for the Yellowbird championship.  Eventually, they will open up a second championship and people can choose to participate in either one at any time.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second championship sounds great! Bring it on.
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    Mmm maybe next championship will grant us the COPO
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    I can't find the reply, but I believe one of the Hutch staff said in another thread that there wasn't an end date for the Yellowbird championship.  Eventually, they will open up a second championship and people can choose to participate in either one at any time.
    Some time back info was that you need to finish 1st championship to get access to 2nd.
  • StreetracerStreetracer Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Were you looking for this reply?
    HeissRod said:
    @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim

With some of the top tier players being able to finish this single player challenge campaign within the next 6 weeks to so, we're going to start seeing players spending their renown on replays.  My question is, how long are you envisioning this Yellowbird series 1 running for?  6, 9, 12 months?  :)
    No plans for it to go away. When do we add a second one is the question. I don't know. I have a couple of ideas for it, but I haven't started on the design yet.

If there are particularly interesting ideas people have for what a new Championship could focus on, let me know.
    https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/comment/172091/#Comment_172091
    Thanks.  Quickly browsed through that thread, but must have missed it.
  • thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Personally, I'd like the next one to have a slightly higher degree of difficulty and require just a bit more key cars.
    Compared to the original yellowbird series or compared to the state after „PL Revolution“?
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Personally, I'd like the next one to have a slightly higher degree of difficulty and require just a bit more key cars.
    Compared to the original yellowbird series or compared to the state after „PL Revolution“?
    Original. right now there is no difficulty as you cant even fill the new Rq limit, just use the best cars you have..

• thebigbadwolfthebigbadwolf Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Original. right now there is no difficulty as you cant even fill the new Rq limit, just use the best cars you have..

I agree with that
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    Cool! I'm close too. What's the thinking on the tune. Pure dragger and so a 996? 
    edited May 2020
    I am so far away. I will do 699 in maybe 6 months time lol. 93 handling is too good to pass on.
    Yeah, but in 80s events, you have the Tuscan race car and XJS TWR, both of which have way more handling stock.  If you switch over to German epics at the same RQ, you're competing against the GT3 RS and 911 RSR.  Don't think 93 handling is going to be as competitive as you might think.
    HeissRod said:
    Yeah, but in 80s events, you have the Tuscan race car and XJS TWR, both of which have way more handling stock.  If you switch over to German epics at the same RQ, you're competing against the GT3 RS and 911 RSR.  Don't think 93 handling is going to be as competitive as you might think.
    I have only 1x of your mentioned cars. 
    edited May 2020
    REALAIS said:
    HeissRod said:
    I have only 1x of your mentioned cars. 
    Buy more plastics
    I mean if you max it 699 its only gonna be useful for Fast Circuit and maybe North Loop. There are 80s cars with much better handling and German Renaissance cars with better handling. At least at 996 it can beat pretty much all 80s cars (minus Group C and Group 5 cars) and all German cars in drags (even beat many Legendaries in long drags) and be the king of Test Bowl. 
  • TD47059TD47059 Posts: 18
    JaguarDTM said:
    I mean if you max it 699 its only gonna be useful for Fast Circuit and maybe North Loop. There are 80s cars with much better handling and German Renaissance cars with better handling. At least at 996 it can beat pretty much all 80s cars (minus Group C and Group 5 cars) and all German cars in drags (even beat many Legendaries in long drags) and be the king of Test Bowl. 
    I'm pretty sure 996 beats 699 on the north loop and at least 2 of the relays.
    True but North Loop doesn't really come up much 🤷‍♂️
    Idk, just 93 handling maxed for an Epic seems pretty bad, and considering the outstanding amount of MRA it has + decent 0-60, makes me lean more towards maxing it 996. 
    I lowkey wanna see a match between Tuscan race car and Yellowbird. Yellowbird certainly got the MRA and top speed but Tuscan has a big handling advantage and its MRA isn't that far off ( 7 ish MRA difference)
    JaguarDTM said:
    I lowkey wanna see a match between Tuscan race car and Yellowbird. Yellowbird certainly got the MRA and top speed but Tuscan has a big handling advantage and its MRA isn't that far off ( 7 ish MRA difference)
    On what track?
    North Loop
    edited May 2020
    JaguarDTM said:
    North Loop
    On Relay 1, the Yellowbird wins by a nose.  On Relay 3, the Yellowbird wins by a few lengths.  Don't know about the full track.  Don't remember what tune the Yellowbird was, either.  This was during that Ceramic event last week.
  • bodyboarder03bodyboarder03 Posts: 50 ✭✭
    So the rescaling hasn't changed anything when it comes to round 5. Without Moby, GTE or a slick tyre Porsche it's impossible. Considering how easy every other stage is its confusing they haven't addressed it. 
    So the rescaling hasn't changed anything when it comes to round 5. Without Moby, GTE or a slick tyre Porsche it's impossible. Considering how easy every other stage is its confusing they haven't addressed it. 
    well at least something remained challenging then?
    So i have to rely upon ridiculously low odds on pulling one of around 3 cars to pass this one round...while the rest can easily be completed makes no sense to me. 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    So i have to rely upon ridiculously low odds on pulling one of around 3 cars to pass this one round...while the rest can easily be completed makes no sense to me. 

I think this is especially weird, because the Moby is one of the Key Cars. It is super unlikely to pull one of the other but the Moby was available to all players who have now playerd for around 510 days or something. If you see the Moby as a loyalty bonus (because just 500 days as of today is not loyal but 510 days is), those players already received their loyalty award and now they get the yellowbird on top.
    01718 said:

I think this is especially weird, because the Moby is one of the Key Cars. It is super unlikely to pull one of the other but the Moby was available to all players who have now playerd for around 510 days or something. If you see the Moby as a loyalty bonus (because just 500 days as of today is not loyal but 510 days is), those players already received their loyalty award and now they get the yellowbird on top.
    Yep missed out on the Moby so miss out on this one as well.