Skip to content

Late join "fixed"

OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know it's something that Hutch is aware of and looking into, but let me share the story of my Urus qualifiers event.
I joined a new bracket with two days still reaminig of the event, it had 17 players. But it stuck, and remained at just 17 players throughout the whole time. I had a decent hand, and so did two other guys, so we totally locked T1, keeping everyone else with a negative score. This is how it looked like with 39 minutes to go:

Then in the last 20-30 minutes late joiners arrived, filling T2 instantly, pushing out everyone who was T2 for two days:

By the end the player count went up from 17 to almost 100, and all T2 places were occupied by late joiners:

I'm not saying those who were in T2 for two days deserved a CF, but neither did the late joiners. And to be honest, in a normal bracket probably the same could've been said about me.

Comments

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same in the last Demon Quali....
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 hour to go, 110 ppl already in the ceramic event, and again asians join on the european server.
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
     Certain Asia-based players know what the other major one is. 

What is the other major one?
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:

Event end times. Its been mentioned many many times here...

Whilst the event end times may be convienient for many on here there are some in Asian server that have the events ending between 12am and 7am making the mixed brackets even more unfair for them. So far Hutch have completely ignored this segment of players, definitely not an even playing field.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    return1 said:
    RobGripes said:

Important events almost always ending at a pleasant time for us but terrible time for them?

Event times, now exasperated by the mixed brackets where everyone else can fight for their places at the end.

I am dropping a tier or two every event and losing precious gold/cash.

Definitely not a level playing field
    just gonna warm this thread up @Hutch_Robin...
    huhu :)

• MSteeLMSteeL Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loooooooool Hutch loooooooool if I was still playing a lot I swear I would start swearing. 
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If only I would be able to get last race done. It took more than 6 mins to use 4 tickets. Late join at best.
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    Hutch we need to force players to join before a pre-determined cut-off. If they miss it, tough luck - it would be the same as missing the event as it is now.

2 hours before each player must have played a hand on each of the four sets otherwise they don't qualify. 
     But wouldn’t there still be brackets created just before the cut-off point where 10-20 people are only playing and still having easy prize cars. Granted they will have more races than 1-0 but basically it’s not a permanent fix of this problem just pushes the “late” joining earlier.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goshko said:
    RobGripes said:
    Hutch we need to force players to join before a pre-determined cut-off. If they miss it, tough luck - it would be the same as missing the event as it is now.

2 hours before each player must have played a hand on each of the four sets otherwise they don't qualify. 
     But wouldn’t there still be brackets created just before the cut-off point where 10-20 people are only playing and still having easy prize cars. Granted they will have more races than 1-0 but basically it’s not a permanent fix of this problem just pushes the “late” joining earlier.

My thought is to have some code that says if you failed to play your first 4 tickets with 2 hours or less before the event ends you do not qualify. 

To do it simply, you could stop brackets created T-2 hours before, and at that time, ghost hands are loaded in place of any players missing a ghost hand. This allows casual players to get some sort of a prize just by joining, but they can't (or very unlikely) to win the prize car if others get to race them for two hours, either their real hand, or a ghost hand (similar to the hutch bot hands for example, or a ghost hand of the five cars they raced #1 with)
  • DrizztSalvatoreDrizztSalvatore Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
     have a 3 hour cut off but also add in prize reduction so late join brackets should have prizes scaled down to match the entrants.... 401-500 entrants  10 tier 1, 301-400 = 8 tier 1. down to 51-100 = 2 tier 1 finally  1-50 entrants only 1 tier 1 prize.......they would then have to scrap to get the rewards
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as usual it’ll be radio silence. 
    goshko said:
    RobGripes said:

No new brackets created X amount of hours before the event ends, the last brackets still fill to capacity. 

Simple as that. Wont work with Hutch. No idea why.
    Because few player could miss the event? Well, right now Hutch is screwing the majority of its playerbase with this bugged state how prizecars are given out. Prizecars, not some ceramics.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaguarDTM said:
    just gonna warm this thread up @Hutch_Robin...
    huhu :)

And I feel really guilty because I know people who maxed meh leggies and bought lots of CFs just to get T2 (heard someone paid $3k for packs and stuff and barely got the Urus).  
     :o:o:o:o
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

Spent about the equivalent of a married couple with 2+ kids recieving their stimulus check (if you live in US you'll know what I'm talking about). 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried finding the original post on the in-game forum, but being able to effectively search and browse that forum leaves a lot to be desired.
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    Eh screenshot from someone else, can't bother searching KTPlay's convoluted browser
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    If only I would be able to get last race done. It took more than 6 mins to use 4 tickets. Late join at best.
    This is hutch' late join fix, just slow down servers ^^
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    JaguarDTM said:

Spent about the equivalent of a married couple with 2+ kids recieving their stimulus check (if you live in US you'll know what I'm talking about). 
    ??? Buying 15x cf costs about 150€ here...
    Did he buy tons normal cf on top of the event cf?
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    KrDalle said:
    JaguarDTM said:

??? Buying 15x cf costs about 150€ here...
    Did he buy tons normal cf on top of the event cf?
    We can always buy unlimited amount of Premium packs in Event screen.
    That is where big spenders are getting extra cars.