Skip to content

Late join "fixed"

Comments

• StrixStrix Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    That's fine, but you using dedicated gaming accounts is no defense for Hutch to forcefully reveal player names. Many are not, and this behaviour isn't expected just because you authenticate with FB. Wether they want to encourage team work or not is something they should deal with separately. Publishing player names is not ok, no matter their stance on teamwork. It's not like you can move the save game to a different FB account either, as far as I know, so people are kind of stuck.

I'm also cooperating with others, when I'm lucky enough to end up in the same bracket. But to be completely honest it's just to increase my chances at winning some car. The game really isn't designed for cooperating. It feels like slightly altering the playing field to my advantage, and at the cost of some unsuspecting player. If they want cooperation, they should really figure out some game mode for it (I'm not talking about you, Clubs). Anyways, using nicknames like basically every other multiplayer game on this planet would also be a hunge improvement.

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    (I'm not talking about you, Clubs)
     :D:D:D:D:D
  • jc0127jc0127 Posts: 18
    edited May 2020
    I support Ozzman's comment, like myself, I put in the time and effort to win nearly 50% of the race in some cases and yet there were players with 0-0 record getting prizes better than me... I suggest (at least play a certain number of games to qualify for anything) but in this case, the prize distribution (could be delayed) has to be given after the re-ranking (sorting by human or a bot that can do the sorting)??? But I wonder if any staff would be working during the end of the race...I am located at PST zone...race ends at 2pm
    Post edited by jc0127 on
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    Strix said:
    That's fine, but you using dedicated gaming accounts is no defense for Hutch to forcefully reveal player names. Many are not, and this behaviour isn't expected just because you authenticate with FB. Wether they want to encourage team work or not is something they should deal with separately. Publishing player names is not ok, no matter their stance on teamwork. It's not like you can move the save game to a different FB account either, as far as I know, so people are kind of stuck.

I'm also cooperating with others, when I'm lucky enough to end up in the same bracket. But to be completely honest it's just to increase my chances at winning some car. The game really isn't designed for cooperating. It feels like slightly altering the playing field to my advantage, and at the cost of some unsuspecting player. If they want cooperation, they should really figure out some game mode for it (I'm not talking about you, Clubs). Anyways, using nicknames like basically every other multiplayer game on this planet would also be a hunge improvement.

I agree. I’m 100% for people playing anonymously and would never defend hutch for forcing people to reveal their identities and lives to other people so they could play a game.  Choice is the key word in my opinion and I think the fact that people are denied that choice is wrong. I didn’t want a Facebook account however compared to potentially losing my garage it was the lesser of 2 evils.
  • JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    I latejoined yesterday for that Italian event with 60s-80s reqs and got 3rd. I'm surprised that it's become easier now to latejoin and get good prizes. 
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    01718 said:

RobGripes said:
    I don't understand why opening all brackets from the beginning was deemed a bad idea. Can anyone who disagreed elaborate?

Not miffed or anything, i don't mind the disagrees, i thought it would solve a lot of issues all in one.

In case you missed it a quick recap:

With player numbers known from prelims, open all the required 500-person brackets from the start. 

Players can join whenever they please, but there will be no new brackets opened and so a late-join will go into one of those. Overfilling could still be allowed in case of random numbers increase.

I think this is a big change and will require more time to implement. I also believe it is quite unpredictable and that we are dealing with a number of inactive accounts the users of this forum don't know. That is why I believe the consequences of a change like that would be very unclear.

I don't think that many accounts will go from actively playing a prelim then miss the finals.  The numbers shown in prelims dictates the finals brackets
    But what about people that only play the finals because most other events dont attract them?
    Still imo the club version with a last set of brackets opening at a certain time, fill up, event closed brings the least trouble. In the first weeks people might miss an event, but for sure they will learn fast and people will adjust. I wouldnt risk playing a final just for the chance of some latejoin edge.

definitely a fair point. I'd like to see that implemented too. I can't fathom why Hutch hasn't changed anything to solve all these issues. seems their little hotfixes created other problems, they are treating the symptoms instead of preventing the problem from occurring. 
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    I know couple of bugged brackets again in prize event. Unfortunately not mine. 
    That's ok, each event will be late joined for me now. **** this game and its permanent bugs. 
    hifichris said:
    That's ok, each event will be late joined for me now. **** this game and its permanent bugs. 
    If you hate it so much, why don't you quit?
    edited May 2020
    HeissRod said:
    hifichris said:
    If you hate it so much, why don't you quit?
    We had a president who said :
    If you don't like your country, leave it. 
    He had to go. 

Maybe I'm waiting for a company which honnor the concept of this game. 
    Yeah, this really isn't the same.  Quitting a handheld game is entirely not the same as moving out of a country.  lol
    HeissRod said:
    Yeah, this really isn't the same.  Quitting a handheld game is entirely not the same as moving out of a country.  lol
    Hutch have to leave it, yes
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alpashk said:
    Latejoining is DEFINETLY FIXED, because i have almost managed to get myself a prize Miura, and server lag is the only reason why i didn't get it.
    I guess potato servers are Hutch's fix for latejoining.

Can always count on the internet  :D  for good humour if not fact.

There are more prizecars given out in broken brackets now (to random players) than it was at the worst latejoin moments before.
    This game is broken and a unfair cashgrab
    Yesterday, we were the pigeons. 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mess this is. 
  • TD47059TD47059 Posts: 18
    How does this happen? Joined the daily right at the start... Still only 14 people in it. Is this the"fix"?

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they solve one thing and broke several  :D:D
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    RobGripes said:
    alpashk said:
    Latejoining is DEFINETLY FIXED, because i have almost managed to get myself a prize Miura, and server lag is the only reason why i didn't get it.
    I guess potato servers are Hutch's fix for latejoining.

Can always count on the internet  :D  for good humour if not fact.

This is a bread, not a potatoe. That's a huge difference in performance, dude!
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

1 day old bracket is suddenly filled with late joiners going 5-0 and taking t2
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

Same here...

• KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Trying 2 fix the late join ^^

and they are forumers :D:D:D
  • PaquaPaqua Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Brackets are so broken. I just joined this one...

there are a lot of brackets like this....
    Just like this one I joined last night 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is so broken it’s laughable. 
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there now compensation for players playing and spending like it is a working game!?
    Obviously this broken brackets give out many undeserved prizes and prizecars.
    The brackets are on a new level of broken for me recently. Latejoining never been easier.