Skip to content

Matchmaking Gotten Harder?

13»

Comments

  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:
    A note on the garage quality ranking... in my experience the biggest differential between a hard-working f2p (or even low-mid spender) and the mega-whales is how many upgrades they have on legendaries and even epics. I’ve played every ticket available on this game for over a year and I can count the fuses into legendaries on my fingers. 24 legends, 9 upgrades!

    not saying this is relevant for ranking, but just an observation. 

    What you’re actually hunting for is a system that puts all whales in bracket by themselves so that us mere mortals can finally fight for tier one, and I don’t think that’s fair on them at all. They put so much into this game and deserve thier place at the top of events. 
    I agree with everything you say, apart from the bit about you having 9 fingers. 
    Well I am from Devon...
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    ...and if in the future there's then a Ford event where the Taurus SHO was useful (it could happen!)



     :D  :D:D
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Tim

    Not to take this off topic, but it seemed related. I am currently in a bracket in the Cayenne Prelims which has been stuck on 136 players since day 1. I know this has happened before and if an answer provided then my apologies, but I am just curious to know what causes this. A glitch? 

    Admittedly I did wait until the event has 2 hours to finish before asking this for my own event self preservation reasons.  B)
  • bantel_catbantel_cat Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TD01055 said:Well I am from Devon...
    Ahh a fellow Devonian, though I do have a full complement of fingers (but I don't have 10 S upgrades or even 8 if you discount thumbs as fingers)
  • MoogMoog Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an experience similar to BoxstaS above. I’m currently 86th in the daily event, and these are my options:

    I have 6250 trophies but after 11 months playing, and buying ”several” 12k gold packs I only have 2 legendary cars (including the campaign 12c). I appreciate that some of the guys listed here are probably smurfers rising through the ranks but this is a daily thing in my EU bracket.
    In prize car events I fight for tier 3 pretty much every time now, and I mean fight for it. That’s fine, that’s my place, I get that, but in events that feature matchmaking, I’m doomed.

    Sorry, I’ve  no solution to put forward I just thought I’d wade in to highlight the issue.
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, same **** in daily with 6k trophies. 
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 681 admin
    @Hutch_Tim

    Not to take this off topic, but it seemed related. I am currently in a bracket in the Cayenne Prelims which has been stuck on 136 players since day 1. I know this has happened before and if an answer provided then my apologies, but I am just curious to know what causes this. A glitch? 
    Yep, there's a known bug where, very occasionally, a shard will stop filling. Seems to happen most often in the Monday daily event.

     Moog said:
    I have 6250 trophies but after 11 months playing, and buying ”several” 12k gold packs I only have 2 legendary cars (including the campaign 12c). I appreciate that some of the guys listed here are probably smurfers rising through the ranks but this is a daily thing in my EU bracket.
    In prize car events I fight for tier 3 pretty much every time now, and I mean fight for it. That’s fine, that’s my place, I get that, but in events that feature matchmaking, I’m doomed.

    Sorry, I’ve  no solution to put forward I just thought I’d wade in to highlight the issue.
    Well, at the least, you shouldn't be doomed in Formula Fun events or when requirements are 5x Rarity for Super-Rare or below! And hopefully you can make it through the Austin series.

    For Prize Car events, I don't know exactly what you're doing, but from personal experience (and seeing what players do in our data), you do have to choose your battles. Don't buy 1 or 2 CF for every prize car event and half-upgrade them (which I know a lot of people do). Save up gold and food over a longer period of time and then wait for the opportune moment to use it. 
  • malsmals Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

    For Prize Car events, I don't know exactly what you're doing, but from personal experience (and seeing what players do in our data), you do have to choose your battles. Don't buy 1 or 2 CF for every prize car event and half-upgrade them (which I know a lot of people do). Save up gold and food over a longer period of time and then wait for the opportune moment to use it. 


    This is a good advice, but i guess that if i would be farming 4-5 months and things of the destiny, i havent luck when i spend all my gold trying to get a special prize car... surely it would kill me and my phone would die too xD
  • MoogMoog Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Well, at the least, you shouldn't be doomed in Formula Fun events or when requirements are 5x Rarity for Super-Rare or below! And hopefully you can make it through the Austin series.

    For Prize Car events, I don't know exactly what you're doing, but from personal experience (and seeing what players do in our data), you do have to choose your battles. Don't buy 1 or 2 CF for every prize car event and half-upgrade them (which I know a lot of people do). Save up gold and food over a longer period of time and then wait for the opportune moment to use it. 
    Thanks @Hutch_Tim, this is pretty much what I’m aiming for now. You’re correct about the FF and RQ limited events, tier 2 is achievable, however I have opted to 100% smurf these too now (so I smurf all events other than prize car events) in order to increase my savings. The ceramic prize isn’t a big enough carrot for more trophies and I can get buy ceramics with the farmed cash. That’s my choice, I know and I’m not having a moan here, my post was purely to show what some of us (non-f2p) are up against with the match making. 
    I was up against the Chiron, veyron, pikes peak, 918 and P1 hand (actual rq150 hand) again today in my daily in the low 90s. Thankfully they weren’t fully upgraded so my two campaign cars that I have to wheel out had a chance :)
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Matchmaking has been discussed a lot, but some people weren't here for that, so let's go again!

    First, in case anyone isn't clear, how matchmaking currently works in Top Drives:
    - Players are grouped by Level (RQ) into different versions of each event, and are also grouped by trophy bands
    - The number of groupings and the trophy thresholds vary from event to event.
    - Higher Level versions of events (i.e. for players with higher RQ) generally have tighter requirements (e.g. '5x Japanese and 4x Honda' instead of '5x Japanese and 2x Honda') and better prizes than lower Level ones (e.g. CF for T1 instead of Ceramic)

    Thanks for responding to the thread, you've made some good points. I'm curious about the 'better prizes than lower Level' events. I know there is the odd event where tier 1 (1-2) is a CF, is this what you are referring to?

    Are there any events where T2 and T3 prizes are increased for the higher trophy brackets? As I think that's what some of us here are wondering, why we are placed into harder groups of players without an increase in the prize. Ie, shouldn't an event with only +6000 trophy players have Tier 3 with a ceramic prize? To me this is quite simply the logical thing to do, or is there an argument against it?

    Also, one of my favorite events is the Formula fun event, yet this also seems to be made up of rather tough groups. Is there a reason for that, seeing as it is RQ restricted?
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    Hutch_Tim said:
    Well, at the least, you shouldn't be doomed in Formula Fun events or when requirements are 5x Rarity for Super-Rare or below! And hopefully you can make it through the Austin series.

    For Prize Car events, I don't know exactly what you're doing, but from personal experience (and seeing what players do in our data), you do have to choose your battles. Don't buy 1 or 2 CF for every prize car event and half-upgrade them (which I know a lot of people do). Save up gold and food over a longer period of time and then wait for the opportune moment to use it. 
    Thanks @Hutch_Tim, this is pretty much what I’m aiming for now. You’re correct about the FF and RQ limited events, tier 2 is achievable, however I have opted to 100% smurf these too now (so I smurf all events other than prize car events) in order to increase my savings. The ceramic prize isn’t a big enough carrot for more trophies and I can get buy ceramics with the farmed cash. That’s my choice, I know and I’m not having a moan here, my post was purely to show what some of us (non-f2p) are up against with the match making. 
    I was up against the Chiron, veyron, pikes peak, 918 and P1 hand (actual rq150 hand) again today in my daily in the low 90s. Thankfully they weren’t fully upgraded so my two campaign cars that I have to wheel out had a chance :)

    @Moog did you say you'd crossed the 6000 trophy mark?

    Don't even bother smurfing events just to save on trophies. You crossed the boundary - you are with the big boys now.

    My humble advice is to get as many ceramics as possible, without using gold, obviously. This is probably going to involve a bit of smurfing / competing. 

    You need to upgrade your rares, which can be done cheaply now that Leoni helps on that front. Compete in formula Fun

    Upgrade key super rares that can be useful in multiple events. Invest your gold in slots and keep getting the free upgrades and you'll be more competitive than you currently are.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @RobGripes
    Im still not keen on being liberal with my trophy count and let it raise too high as I’m wary of more brackets being added. Hutch may look at threads like this and decide to slice another bracket in st 10k for example.

    thanks for your advise, I’ve been on the pro surfing scene for a while now and have amassed millions of cash ready for a mass ceramic buying spree once the right event comes along and I have a decent lower end garage.

    what I forgot to mention in my reply to @hutch_tim’s comment about the Austin series was that the a Challenge series part of this game is by far my favourite and I particularly enjoyed the first Austin event, so long may they continue :)
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Moog said:
    Thanks @RobGripes
    Im still not keen on being liberal with my trophy count and let it raise too high as I’m wary of more brackets being added. Hutch may look at threads like this and decide to slice another bracket in st 10k for example.

    thanks for your advise, I’ve been on the pro surfing scene for a while now and have amassed millions of cash ready for a mass ceramic buying spree once the right event comes along and I have a decent lower end garage.

    what I forgot to mention in my reply to @hutch_tim’s comment about the Austin series was that the a Challenge series part of this game is by far my favourite and I particularly enjoyed the first Austin event, so long may they continue :)


    You've amassed millions of ig cash? You've definitely got the smurfing nailed rightrigh exercising some serious patience. Holy shizzle batman! 

    I do hope Hutch adds more bracket tiers for non-prize-car-events.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, since my last spend I'm at 1.3 mill. Gold is where I'm a sucker for the discounted CF pack but that's what the credit card is for, right? 
  • MettitiMettiti Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    Well, since my last spend I'm at 1.3 mill. Gold is where I'm a sucker for the discounted CF pack but that's what the credit card is for, right? 
    i thought spending 2600 gold on slots was too much 😂😂😂
  • vladimir1989vladimir1989 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    I just want to know what these people do who spend so much money on the game.
    Where do you guys get the money from?
  • baestbaest Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what these people do who spend so much money on the game.
    Where do you guys get the money from?
    Working.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what these people do who spend so much money on the game.
    Where do you guys get the money from?
    I model nude for art classes.
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what these people do who spend so much money on the game.
    Where do you guys get the money from?
    I knit artisan hats for cats.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what these people do who spend so much money on the game.
    Where do you guys get the money from?
    Bikini Barista 
  • MoogMoog Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    I sell virtual currency for computer games
  • GrossbucketsGrossbuckets Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    Something has changed!  @Hutch_Tim. You mentioned the trophy tiers/ groupings but you have never explained to the players what these “groupings” consist of?  What trophy count designates what type of class or classification?  Is it between x and y number of trophies, or is it past x # of trophies, etc?  All I know is once I passed 20k trophies...I’m now playing the highest competition I have ever 
    experienced, no matter when I join.  I think the players would love an explanation on how the system actually works....Hutch has kept too quiet on too many subjects that directly effect the player (you are keeping us in the dark on too many aspects of the game).  I feel like I did once I first completed the campaign and could not compete with the rest of the competition.  Thousands later....we are right back here?! 
    Look at the trophy counts here...I have 21k

  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know if it matters but i am at 17k trophies and see gabor almost everyday in random events. 
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do trophy counts in the daily really even matter?
  • TimButTimBut Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they do. I cant get near top10 in daily after I reached 6k trophies. Before I could get 3 ceramic a week.


  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't understand.  Dailies are for winning.
Sign In or Register to comment.