Skip to content

Hallowe'en event - TRICK OR TREAT!

Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 685 admin
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
After a lot of speculation, it's time to reveal our Hallowe'en event.

First, the top prize: rumoured to be the most terrifying car ever made, it's the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (S, RQ 24).

From Wikipedia:
"In an interview then-owner Peter Wheeler, said that TVR had tried to record the car's power on an engine dyno. The dyno was rated at 1,000 bhp (750 kW) but the test resulted in its input shaft being broken. To get an approximate figure TVR engineers tested each bank individually; the result was 480 bhp (360 kW) per bank, suggesting a total rating of 960 bhp (720 kW). Wheeler, no newcomer to high performance cars and an experienced racer in the TVR Tuscan Challenge, drove one of the finished prototypes home and concluded that the car was unusable on the road, in his opinion simply too powerful."
The format of the event is literally trick-or-treat: out of four event challenge sets, three are nice easy on-road challenges, but the 4th is extreme off-road. It's up to you if you want to play it safe and take in SUV's every time, or risk it with your road cars...

Suitably enough, ghosts are going to be quite important in this event. You may wish to re-acquaint yourself with how they are collected; @Hutch_Ian recently confirmed exactly what this means

Good luck out there!
Post edited by Hutch_Tim on

Comments

• Dale96Dale96 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    Well I’m not winning lol looking forward to pay my part tho 
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting!
  • Hutch_GsearchHutch_Gsearch Posts: 2,604 admin
    Thanks for the info.  This could be fun.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOO i will be on holiday without my compatible phone!!! Bye Bye Trevor
  • evilmage34evilmage34 Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    This will be fun!  Thanks for the preview.  Any update on when a new update might come?
  • HuacanachaHuacanacha Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me. I like to have the mix-up events. Just don't pair me with Thephenomsprint again ;)
    I hope it's not a 48 hour event as that will finish right in the thick of my Halloween party Tuesday night. I guess we will find out soon enough!
  • JayJay Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch_Tim said:
    After a lot of speculation, it's time to reveal our Hallowe'en event.

First, the top prize: rumoured to be the most terrifying car ever made, it's the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (S, RQ 24).

From Wikipedia:
    "In an interview then-owner Peter Wheeler, said that TVR had tried to record the car's power on an engine dyno. The dyno was rated at 1,000 bhp (750 kW) but the test resulted in its input shaft being broken. To get an approximate figure TVR engineers tested each bank individually; the result was 480 bhp (360 kW) per bank, suggesting a total rating of 960 bhp (720 kW). Wheeler, no newcomer to high performance cars and an experienced racer in the TVR Tuscan Challenge, drove one of the finished prototypes home and concluded that the car was unusable on the road, in his opinion simply too powerful."
    The format of the event is literally trick-or-treat: out of four event challenge sets, three are nice easy on-road challenges, but the 4th is extreme off-road. It's up to you if you want to play it safe and take in SUV's every time, or risk it with your road cars...

Suitably enough, ghosts are going to be quite important in this event. You may wish to re-acquaint yourself with how they are collected; @Hutch_Ian recently confirmed exactly what this means

Good luck out there!
    Sounds fun!

Out of curiosity. Are hutch bots still going to be able to win th rewards.

That suzuki is going to hurt. 
  • BaZziBaZzi Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful car, I hope I can get one.
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess Audi AWD cars will rule this event.
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • keithtkokeithtko Posts: 11
    Well this game is like trick or treat to begin with. Most of us get tricks tho.
  • SleekSleek Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if we are the same league but the Hutch bot is at 17-0 now. Also some bad luck when I have got dirt tracks 4 out of 6 times. 
  • samagoichisamagoichi Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is still at 5-0 @sleek. I was prepare for dirt and was hoping for but no dirt on my first 5 raceslol.  I'm done i guess. 
  • SleekSleek Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Mine is still at 5-0 @sleek. I was prepare for dirt and was hoping for but no dirt on my first 5 raceslol.  I'm done i guess. 
    I was prepared for asphalt and mixed but not full dirt courses every time. Seems fishy that it seems to do this. 
  • mrjeffjacksonmrjeffjackson Posts: 33
    The Hutch Bots are fierce.

• JayJay Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else hoping for some pack deals or something. 

I think daily deals would be awesome.  
  • mrjeffjacksonmrjeffjackson Posts: 33
    edited October 2017
    godzilla said:
    You really have to do something about trophy limits, I’m down to 130.  Will soon have to stop playing this game if I can never participate in these events.
    I sent a Support Ticket asking for help/complaining about how the more I raced to TRY and earn trophies, the faster I lost them. And the unfairness of limiting special events to big winners. There was a bit of a ... "debate" and I ended up getting 1500 trophies deposited back. 

I didn't expect that so I went and made a real money expenditure as a ty. 

YMMV
    I would respectfully ask that Hutch remove all bots from the rankings after they have seeded the event. Looks worse than usual this time with Hutch bots actually winning matches and the event in some cases (wut? lol... unless this is part of the "trick"?). In my league Hutch Mandy is clinging on fiercely to 5th place with one win. This is the "Day of the Hutch Bots" horror show... please make it end!
  • wheat0rwheat0r Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I get about 50% chance to random a off-road track set. :s
  • BaZziBaZzi Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    WHY on earth is this open match? We posted like trillion ideas for events in dedicated topic and here we go again. Full boredom S car fest complemented by fat SUV pigs. I have like 30 straight up ideas how to make an event called Trick or treat interesting. Even the  “Get event ready” packs are laughable - one super rare or better SUV :#
    You must have thought really hard about this event  :D
    EDIT: and WHY is the third reward a roadster Merc? TVR/TVR/Merc. Makes no sense at all. Show at least some consistency. You are making one beginner mistake after another. It reminds of card game called Coraabia where I was a helping designer. Brilliant concept, brilliant community ideas we as designers wanted to implement - all burried by incompetent management from board. Now it is discontinued.
    If you were a designer and have played Top drives for a while, you should know that Top Drives system can not be very complicating. What they can do by quickly without patch update is just make a new multiplayer event which can limit only one command on type and amount of car requirement, cannot limit to RQ using, car’s colour and whatever that doesn’t belong in the detail box. And sometimes, it’s quite boring to find and upgrade a new branch of cars every 3-4 days. Country, manufacturer, wheel drives, type and tier, they can be limited all of those things, do we have to have every cars in the game to challenge these events? Just kidding actually, it’s not that difficult. Yes, it’s pretty fun, we enjoyed so much at the begining but however now i think the requirement for special event is a bit too often, we all know the things and not surprised anymore. So now let’s take a brake, stop finding new cars, go on with open match and then concentrate on selecting cars for racing courses, this is also an alternative way to have fun. Actually, I prefer 2 extremly off-road and 2 easy no-road, this really call trick or treat. Anyway, you have to know sometimes special event don’t have to have a requirement, this can normally occur and nothing to blame.
  • argosebargoseb Posts: 4
    I believe that mixed runs are a good idea but i don’t understand why ou still use huch xxx characters which are too strongs ! If you have a look now you will see the first one with 68-0, how do you want us to win ?!
  • chedichedi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    @goods that's quite normal for anyone here
  • XA2XA2 Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    @goods same here, I have added 4x4 and now All are asphalt... Probably 5-6 in a row... 
  • goodsgoods Posts: 50
    New version of Russian roulette? ^^
    Stil 344th in the standings!
  • mikesmikes Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I abandoned having a specific hand. I have a mix and will be content finishing outside of the top five. Guess I'll get a TVR to feed an S car down the road.
  • bobdylanbobdylan Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I started off real good in the special and the daily . 
    But now the hands that are coming up are out of this world . 
    One guy two mc12s and two veyrons  eek !