Skip to content

Can we think of some positive ideas?

LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
We all know the community here has as a whole been... well... a bit negative lately. 👀

What about we collectively try to give our community manager some ideas that might bring some sunshine to our TD lives. 

Nothing reinventing the wheel or that takes up hours of their time to organise, just things to remind us that Hutch aren’t actually all Machiavellian villains. 

Was thinking along the lines of some more of those treasure hunt things that I suck at, or Katie could give us a random victory margin number a couple of times a week that you have to try and get in an event to win a small prize, choice of a SR car, a couple of slots etc etc. 

I’m sure other people could think of something better. 

Am I being too optimistic? Has the horse bolted?

Comments

• MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I being too optimistic? Has the horse bolted?
    Hate to break it to you, but yes.
  • 43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s buy Hutch!
  • RawelRawel Posts: 950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    maybe another forum game? like the one where you could get a superlight?

edit: damn, shows I don't even read an opening post, proposing a same thing
  • grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing the image on the rq22 Impreza so it's correct 😉
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing the image on the rq22 Impreza so it's correct 😉
    Now you’re talking Martin!!!  
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything. So many possibilities
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    A kinda double or nothing 24hr challenge. First stage you get 10k and some gold. You can take it or gamble on to progress to the next stage where prizes are greater. Then you have the same choice, take your winnings and run or try stage 3 and risk it all.

Allows for all garage strengths to compete, the varied your garage the more you can win. 

Throw in a random track or car generator so as to make it fair and a gamble.
    What a superb idea!!! Every one would play with the same level of interest.

• RicoChicoRicoChico Posts: 29
    I have a good idea, don´t count the Trophies for a Player. Counts their stock of cars.
    Blanko with no Upgrades following points:

(S) Legendary 4096
    (A) Epic 1024 points
    (B) Ultra Rare 256 points
    (C) Super Rare 64 Points
    (D) Rare 16 points
    (E) Uncommon 4 points
    (F) Common 1 point

For every Upgrading Session 1.3 oder 2.3 or 3.3 you get for this car the same points again.
    For example if you have an Epic car with no upgrade this car counts 1024 points, if it upgraded 1.3/1.3/1.3 this car counts 3072 points
    A full upgraded Epic for example 3.3/2.3/3.3 counts 8192 points.

So you Garage counts all points together.... now you have your Player Level.

And when there are events you came in groups with players with your levels.
    For Example players group 250.001 - 300.000 in a bracket. players group 300.001 - 350.000 in a group and so one. 
    So the big pay players gamble in there own league, and the beginner player or free2play player play againgst each other (if there not boost by ingame purchases), so all have a chance to win or have a chance to win a prize car!!!

In this case you maybe also reduce the late joiners (not to 100% but maybe to 70%)

For this Idea i will from hutch every week 2x legendary packs for free for all time. :)

But i think they will do not do this....they see only the money :(

• David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RicoChico said:
    I have a good idea, don´t count the Trophies for a Player. Counts their stock of cars.
    Blanko with no Upgrades following points:

(S) Legendary 4096
    (A) Epic 1024 points
    (B) Ultra Rare 256 points
    (C) Super Rare 64 Points
    (D) Rare 16 points
    (E) Uncommon 4 points
    (F) Common 1 point

For every Upgrading Session 1.3 oder 2.3 or 3.3 you get for this car the same points again.
    For example if you have an Epic car with no upgrade this car counts 1024 points, if it upgraded 1.3/1.3/1.3 this car counts 3072 points
    A full upgraded Epic for example 3.3/2.3/3.3 counts 8192 points.

So you Garage counts all points together.... now you have your Player Level.

And when there are events you came in groups with players with your levels.
    For Example players group 250.001 - 300.000 in a bracket. players group 300.001 - 350.000 in a group and so one. 
    So the big pay players gamble in there own league, and the beginner player or free2play player play againgst each other (if there not boost by ingame purchases), so all have a chance to win or have a chance to win a prize car!!!

In this case you maybe also reduce the late joiners (not to 100% but maybe to 70%)

For this Idea i will from hutch every week 2x legendary packs for free for all time. :)

But i think they will do not do this....they see only the money :(

It’s completely unfair to allow little Johnny casual to compete in a pool of similar players for the same prize car as all the whales grouped together. It would kill the game off completely.

They talked about it in the latest TDS, trophies are here to stay.
    It’s completely unfair to allow little Johnny casual to compete in a pool of similar players for the same prize car as all the whales grouped together. It would kill the game off completely.
    I don't know if that's a quote from you or from a member of Hutch but all I read is:
    "Spend Money and get the Prize car, spend nothing and get nothing" - Which basically is a big middlefinger to all non whales.

The trophy system doesn't work, get rid of it or rework it. - Nothing to discuss here imo
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the matchmaking does need an overhaul, it simply doesn’t work, but we’ve said that from the start. 

As Mr Fook says, the above suggested idea though would never work. You could try and devise a new bracket system to fairly match garage strength by all means but the lower the strength of competition, the lower the prizes for certain. 

There’s players in my daily with less than 10% of my trophy count with multiple maxed legendary prize cars that I couldn’t even get close to winning. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if that's a quote from you or from a member of Hutch but all I read is:
    "Spend Money and get the Prize car, spend nothing and get nothing" - Which basically is a big middlefinger to all non whales.

The trophy system doesn't work, get rid of it or rework it. - Nothing to discuss here imo
    It’s from me. I’m a non-whale but win a fair bit - ergo I have a high trophy count. I would be in the top bracket for everything and never win a single event again. It disincentives winning and progressing. I’m not saying the trophy bracketing works fairly for all, far from it, but it’s better than that particular idea.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch people:

• grandvachegrandvache Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think resetting trophy points periodically would be a decent idea, maybe just once a year that would perhaps reflect a little better where people's current achievements are at.  

Perhaps it could be done with a short equation to take notice of garage strength, frequency of play and other modifiers too.  A ranking system with only one criteria isn't sophisticated enough To reflect players true strength IMHO.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trophies doesn't mean anything at the moment. I am at 44k trophies and keep facing guys with 10-20k trophies with much stronger garages.

• RWareRWare Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread has started to become a trophy-bashing session....so.........

How about a poll (IGF or here, or both!) which puts the decision over to the community for what car becomes available (Thinking of Challenge, not Tri-Series, or it'd be the Volvo monthly!!)

Back when the Challenge offered a SR instead of a Ceramic, there were often some great chances to earn ''meta-cars'' i.e. Datsun

For some of us, we already have them, but for anyone fresh-150RQ and below, the SR pool is so vast they could miss out on those crucial SR's
  • sinnersinner Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been nice if someone from hutch acknowledged some of the ideas in this 'positive' thread, maybe our CM for example 😂
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinner said:
    Been nice if someone from hutch acknowledged some of the ideas in this 'positive' thread, maybe our CM for example 😂
    Do you think they even care?😂
    sinner said:
    Now that you got flagged, I really get the feeling that someone is out there always flagging/disagreeing as soon as someone says something "negative" against our holy and always present community manager lol
  • RicoChicoRicoChico Posts: 29
    @David_Fook and ALL

that is the reason why it is better to count the garage and not the trophies!!! The big spenders have a huge Garage with a lot epics or legendary so the have a high level of "points" so the can battle each other. A f2p payer or a newbie who not spent thousands in packs played each other and have so also a chance for a prize car.

And when a newbie comes with his money and his big whale of monster cars... he play not againgst a player who has not a super garage!
    So you also have than a chance of a prize car because you will battle against player they have a similar garage as you... 

I think it is more fair than at the moment!!

Hutch will earn there money as much as beforte i think. (ok this part i really don t like!!! but this will never change)