Skip to content

Essential Cars

TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
I remember a long time ago there was a thread about useful must-have lower-tier cars. Now that the IR update has rolled out, bringing with it some useful C and under cars. I just wanted to revive this idea of noting down must-have cars for general-purpose, country-specific, or common filters.

Dry Twisties:
Mazda MX-5 BBR Turbo
Trusty BBR. Always useful.

Dry in general:
Chevrolet Code 130R
Jaguar XJ-S Trans-Am
Never use in the wet.
Citroen C2-R2 Max
Also really good in the wet.

Dry Speed:
Lamborghini Miura Roadster
King of the Test Bowl.
Maserati Ghibli SS
Not far behind.

Wet Twisties:
Mazda Autozam AZ-1
Ford Mondeo
Suzuki Ignis Sport

Wet stuff in general:
Subaru XT
This or any other D AWD Subaru would do.

Wet Speed:
Chevrolet Monte Carlo

That's just a short list. Please submit your ideas.

Comments

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

After dropped from RQ15, its best City streets car in D class. Hard to say if it will stay.

City streets car, but in WET. Very good car for D class in anything twisty in Rain. Longer straights will kill it tho.
  • evilprofesseurevilprofesseur Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:

After dropped from RQ15, its best City streets car in D class. Hard to say if it will stay.

City streets car, but in WET. Very good car for D class in anything twisty in Rain. Longer straights will kill it tho.
    Really? Considering I've seen the Volvo used maybe twice during my career I'm rather surprised to hear it's the best city streets rare. Are you sure about that? 
  • Blue2moroBlue2moro Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised at that Volvo too. I've always used the Denali as my go to streets D car

• xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I think Volvo is the best. I use both Denali and Volvo though depending on the restrictions 
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the Denail have no midrange
  • JacoJaco Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be a longlasting thread
    The keycars of today, are completely useless tomorrow. (outside clubs offcourse, what I have heard, don't play that exhausting format )

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:

Really? Considering I've seen the Volvo used maybe twice during my career I'm rather surprised to hear it's the best city streets rare. Are you sure about that? 
    As its posted above. For one city streets best is Volvo, for other is Vauxhall Chevette. Came down from RQ 15 both cars in last update.
    And in Medium Denali XT ties with Focus ST120
  • superyujunsuperyujun Posts: 24
    I use my forester and rally spec and more when offroad
  • TopDrives34865TopDrives34865 Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Actually, this thread should be brought back, with updates and new cars since last year, some things have changed... that could be great !