Skip to content

Tell us about Renown

HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
So, we know how the Renown will be used in the new single-player championship.  We know that we will be earning it from 48 & 72 hour races.  However, I have some more questions....
  1. How much can we earn per event?
  2. When will we start earning it? (When will the events start paying it out?)
  3. Is the amount earned of Renown tied to your tier level or just from participation?
  4. If so, will the event screen show how much your earn per event/tier?
  5. What is the typical cost to enter a single Championship event?
    (I see that it costs 100 just to unlock that single-player section.)
  6. Is Renown in consideration to be added to prize board cards or pack pulls?

Comments

• AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You guys should hire at Hutch to write the next Faq/Update Info. All reasonable questions.
    Somehow the info must have been cut out from their video.
  • _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭
    I just entered the new Qualifier event - no mention of Renown rewards at the end and also no Renown cards on the Prizeboard.

Soooo....how does it work then?
  • James_PearceJames_Pearce Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an internal policy that they don’t need to tell us about. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    8. How exactly are we supposed to get any of this new currency? There doesn't seem to be any awarded in the qualy event. So we have a new game mode, but we cannot do anything with it. I know I'm inpatient (haha I meant impatient, I'm leaving it as it was, it's funny), but it feels a bit cruel.
    Post edited by Ozzman on
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone game to make a new account and see if they get any renown by default, whether it is rewarded by the campaign or whether it is on reward cards for low level players?
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    come on guys.. we will see in next events... they said we win this currency in events of 48/72 hours and start in the next days.... this events started before the update, so no new currency!!
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tri-Series event started after the update was released and it doesn't show any Renown in the payout
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's rewarded at the end of the events and based on activity as well as event placement. Higher placement obviously means more renown, but maybe it's earned in accordance with how many races you've completed. That could be a way to simultaneously discourage late-joining as well as rewarding players for being active. If this was the case, it would still sort of provide a heightened incentive to ticket spam, but with the event scoring reverted to how it was previously, I'd be interested to see if it's less viable than before.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's rewarded at the end of the events and based on activity as well as event placement. Higher placement obviously means more renown, but maybe it's earned in accordance with how many races you've completed. That could be a way to simultaneously discourage late-joining as well as rewarding players for being active. If this was the case, it would still sort of provide a heightened incentive to ticket spam, but with the event scoring reverted to how it was previously, I'd be interested to see if it's less viable than before.
    I don't think they made it that complicated. Probably just added to event tier rewards as a third currency. If that is the case we might have to wait until the first events that start after the forced update. So a couple of days, then another couple of days till those end.
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    I don't think they made it that complicated. Probably just added to event tier rewards as a third currency. If that is the case we might have to wait until the first events that start after the forced update. So a couple of days, then another couple of days till those end.
    i dont think they will show it at all and just convert 1trophy earned  to 1renown point
  • hajduk_fanhajduk_fan Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    i hope that "other" 6 cars will also be some of lower tier prize cars because there are still some "bad" prize cars that weren't awarded
  • RawelRawel Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish cars you can win from that single player challenge (and future ones if they ever come) had some 'special prize car' status so we could use them in finals. Kind of like you can use the 12c
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Katie why noone of you guys want to clarify points made in first post? 
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    Yeah, I don’t think they did either. More of a suggestion for future implementation
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how even they don't know how it works
    Well, that answers a bit on how to earn it.  The new Epic Racing event just dropped and the Renown you can earn is shown per tier.  
  • Cmakka23Cmakka23 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    My garage won't alow me to be anywhere near the top tier in events. I'm a mid table player. Looking at the rewards, even to get to the 1pp Renown to start the campaign is going to take around a week! Looks like to get anywhere near the Yellow Bird or any other prize car for that matter, will take a whole load of time, it seems a bit silly to big this up, then release it  and have a huge part of the player base, the average player, be unable to play for so long!

At least they haven't tried to sell a Renown pack, yet......
    Post edited by Cmakka23 on
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    ...yet...
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    This Championship is balanced around 100 Renown for each play of the first 60 levels, and 300 Renown for each play of the final 10 levels. In future, Renown may be given in other forms such as Offers, Challenges, Club Events, similar to Cash and Gold.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    che buffonata!! what a shame... with 100 you unlock only one race and you can race only one time!!! and 100 renow for one ticket?? i wait some packs on sell with this currency!!! Hutch.. we are not stupids... after clubs you do an other stupid thing!!Thank you so much!!
  • lonelyterroristlonelyterrorist Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    This Championship is balanced around 100 Renown for each play of the first 60 levels, and 300 Renown for each play of the final 10 levels. In future, Renown may be given in other forms such as Offers, Challenges, Club Events, similar to Cash and Gold.
    So it's the campaign, with extra steps. 
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    So in the future, we're gonna have to pay for renown?? Are you kidding me?? Brilliant business idea, poor consumer friendly idea.

Edit: I know we will be able to earn renown but it's kinda dumb that you can still buy it. 
    Do you have to pay 100R per play on the level or 100 for the first play, then free until you can figure it out?  

Can you see the opponents and tracks, then back out without penalty, like the challenge?