Skip to content

Goodbye Top Drives after 974 days. 100% F2P.

43MK443MK4 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear TD Community

The time has come where I have decided to quit Top Drives. Its been a very entertaining, challenging and exciting journey playing the game for over 2,5 years.

I have been playing mobile games for almost 10 years and I have never even come close to play one game for such a long time. 2nd on the list was barely 3 months. In my eyes this indicates that Hutch has done a great job creating a game such as Top Drives. Congratulations to Hutch.

Im not here to judge whether the game is going in good or bad direction, as this has nothing to do with my decision about quitting. My decision about quitting is motivated by other things.

I reached a point in my life where I simply don’t want to invest my time every day on online mobile gaming.

In other words, Im not saying goodbye just to TD but also online games in general.

Time for me to move on, look for entertainment and joy in other things.

And even more importantly time for me to put more focus on other areas in my life.

My time with TD was great, amazing value for “money” (not sure I can say that as I never spent a cent on TD), kept me truly entertained. For that reason, I will always have great thoughts about the game and whole TD community. I will also never regret playing the game for such a long time, as I truly enjoyed it, so I will never see it as time wasted in any way.

Throughout my whole TD career, I saw myself mostly as a lone wolf, since I never joined any of the groups working and communicating daily together. I didn’t join a community to avoid TD occupying even bigger part of my life. As a result, my social activities were concentrated on web forum and avoiding familiar forummers on Asian server.

Here is an overview of what I was able to build up over the last 2,5 years:

Total:

60 Legendaries

60 Maxed Epics

200 Maxed Ultrarares

Prize Cars:

24 Legendaries

8 Epics

6 Ultrarares

Trophies:

Gold:

16477. Game Over, no point in spending them anymore.

I wish all of you guys great fun with TD in future and I wish Hutch a successful product providing great entertainment value for the whole community.

Take care everyone, it was a great pleasure!

Comments

• StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to see you leave @43MK4!
    I still remember one of your posts in the IG forum back in 2018, with screenshots of your garage. It was when I had played for few months only. Being an F2P myself, it was very encouraging to see what you had already achieved back then. And ever since, you've been an inspiration, and an ally.
    What you have done playing F2P is simply extraordinary!
    Thank you for helping me in countless events, and best wishes for everything.
    Take care mate.
  • RobGripesRobGripes Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @43MK4 sorry to see you go. A titan in AS retiring. Good luck with everything mate, hope you find the next great entertainment for yourself.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice garage, being 100% F2P.  Hope you find something to occupy your time, which is just as enjoyable for you.
  • TGPDTGPD Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see you leave.
    But again, there are many more things worth doing than playing a mobile game.
    Stay safe and have fun.
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Well you have nearly 3 times as many legendaries as me with spending about 400$ lol....
    Anyways, good bye🙋🏻‍♂️
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Good Bye and Take Care...
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to see you leave, wish you all the best!
    Your garage posts on igf were a big inspiration for me to keep grinding.
    Good bye
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    Impressive achievement as a F2P, there are many P2W players that have not achieved what you have. No doubt that has come with a considerable time investment. Sad to see you go but I can appreciate and respect the decision to move on to spend time on other things. I’m yet to let go of my ‘addiction’. Good luck and all the best
  • TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care, there are so many things more enjoyable than mobile games in life.
  • GT47LMGT47LM Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely astounded and taken aback at all the legendaries you got, *especially* as a F2P player.

Hope you enjoy your time without top drives, I am certain you will. 
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wow, nice garage. More than twice i have after playing the same time.
    Can i have your account ?^^