Skip to content

Holden/HSV/Opel/Vauxhall

AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
Hello all,

This is at the same time a correction needed, and a dicussion because i am not sure that everyone has the same idea as me

Should we cut the Vauxhall/Opel brand in 3 (or 4) ?
Like the Opel Kadett as clearly nothing to do with the Vauxhall.
Also half of the Vauxhall are captive import ... Such as the Australian cars, but also all the Astra, Cascada and on and on. 
Vauxhall is just a company from GM which is in charge of selling Opel in UK. I know it can hurt Hutch (wich is a UK based company) but the reality is that there is no Vauxhall anymore... And even more, now that the Opel are just Peugeot cars....

I think we should make a clear separation between :smile:
- Holden, which are engineered and build in Australia by an Historic Australian Brand.
- Opel, which are engineered and some build in Germany by an historic German Brand
- Vauxhall, which used to be engineered and build in UK, by an historic but dead UK brand

Comments

• PlantedZebraPlantedZebra Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree.

Plus, it's weird seeing the notification of "Your Vauxhall/Opel has completed fusing", like, sure, it has completed, but which one? Vauxhall or Opel?
  • PrestonLKPrestonLK Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I also agree.
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't get the Acura brand in the game - they are simply Hondas that have been rebranded for the US market. Everywhere else they are all rightly known as Honda. So why have Acura at all?
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    At least there is some design change between a new ILX and a Civic. 

And they did separate the RAM brand from Dodge !

Next topic can be Fiat/Abarth, which need a clear cut as Abarth did in the past what RUF is doing. And now it is a brand by itself...
  • 0liver770liver77 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    AMG - Mercedes-Benz together but McLaren - Mercedes-Bez is not
  • KrDalleKrDalle Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Are you crazy?
    Hutch has a small team and needs to fix bugs 1st- uhm 2nd. 1st is to sell cf...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    0liver77 said:
    AMG - Mercedes-Benz together but McLaren - Mercedes-Bez is not
    To be fair, AMG is owned by Mercedes, so that makes sense.  The McLaren Mercedes SLR was just a joint venture, when Mercedes owned 40% of McLaren stock and they were collaborating in F1.  Since then, McLaren bought the stock back.

What they should do is find a way to multi-tag the SLR with multiple Manufacturers, similar to how the Murano CrossCrabiolet is both an SUV and a Convertible body style.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    Also McLaren was still a entire brand. 

We can talk about some brand being entirely owned by others... (Audi and VW ?)