Skip to content

Late join "fixed"

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KrDalle said:
    JaguarDTM said:

Spent about the equivalent of a married couple with 2+ kids recieving their stimulus check (if you live in US you'll know what I'm talking about). 
    ??? Buying 15x cf costs about 150€ here...
    Did he buy tons normal cf on top of the event cf?
    I assume they bought all the CFs for the event, then probably needed food to max out the cars they got. Potentially tried their hand at regular CFs or spent gold on unlimited Premium packs.

I'd imagine spending that kind of money on regular CFs, you'd probably get some decent pulls outside of winning the Urus, but either way it's not the smartest strategy I've heard.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    REALAIS said:
    KrDalle said:
    JaguarDTM said:

Spent about the equivalent of a married couple with 2+ kids recieving their stimulus check (if you live in US you'll know what I'm talking about). 
    ??? Buying 15x cf costs about 150€ here...
    Did he buy tons normal cf on top of the event cf?
    We can always buy unlimited amount of Premium packs in Event screen.
    That is where big spenders are getting extra cars.
    These are ceramics and i know of no spender who buys ceramics.

• JaguarDTMJaguarDTM Posts: 449 ✭✭✭
    Or he was buying lots and lots of packs to upgrade certain cars 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaguarDTM said:
    just gonna warm this thread up @Hutch_Robin...
    huhu :)

That lobby was definitely the most broken lobby I've ever been in. 1st place was running 107-2, guys joining in 1-0 (swear one was 0-0 or 0-1), and those 2 guys below me running 19-23 & 18-31. 
    When I have a decent deck and run fairly I get shafted by latejoiners bashing in at the last 10 minutes for finals. I don't like latejoining; only ever use it as a last resort in desperation. For a couple finals, latejoining prevention has been working (I couldn't latejoin successful, get T4 or lower). I latejoined with the notion that I'll most likely get T3 or T4 (my hand consisted of 333 RS6 Avant, 336 TT RS Plus, 969 Cayman GTS, 969 VW Phaeton (RQ47), 333 BMW 320 Turismo). I just wanted any prize, and was planning on actually joining a lot earlier but got busy and forgot (thankfully not until finals were over). There was less than 30 people in my lobby.

And I feel really guilty because I know people who maxed meh leggies and bought lots of CFs just to get T2 (heard someone paid $3k for packs and stuff and barely got the Urus). 

Hutch should really consider a cutoff time. While people can latejoin with bad decks before the cutoff time, they won't last long. Like how it should be. And I know Hutch can't control who joins and how lobbies function, but they should try something at least instead of ghosting us and moving on to the next finals, just to have the same problem. Lobbies in Daily events are getting overfilled (thankfully it doesn't overfill in normal events or finals nowadays, at least from what I've seen in my gameplay) and Hutch isn't fixing it. You can't run competitively because you'll get matched with whales or P2Ws who latejoin and make everything hell. Your only option is to latejoin, only to either get extremely lucky or to end up in T4. It's been hell to get my first tri-series prize car, and probably difficult for many other players who doesn't have loads of money to blow on packs and upgrading cars but gets shafted because matchmaking sucks in this game. 

On to the next finals I guess. Let's see European servers spontaneously combust again like this finals. Oh wait, they spontaneously combust on many occasions outside of finals. 
    Seems like you joined my bracket. I was the one in p2 with over 800pts. :) Positions 5-10 were all 1-0 in the end. And this bracket was 2 days old. Time to admit, that late join fix is not working.
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Playing continously for 3 days, bought 4 packs, result was about 56:52. AMG SLS black 1 1 2, AMG SLS GT 1 1 1 , BMW 535i 1 1 1,BMW 330 touring 3 2 3 and BMW 640xdrive  3 2 3. Maxed both BMW for that event and pushesd 3 epics in that black series.
    Barely got the Bentley on place 34.

ITS A SHAME that latejoining gets tier 1 
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Heres another funny one.  @Hutch_Robin @Hutch_Tim

just saw that one too.. :D thats a fair lobby i would say
  • TopDivesTopDives Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    Seeing this unfair results, is it possible to get back my 6 epics fused and 30 ultra ?
    @Hutch_Robin

Without food now, I will struggle on the next finals meanwhile these guys will probably do better than me... double slap
    Yes, they will return them to you. They have done so in the past especially on RQ changed cars. Ask anyone. 
    TopDives said:
    hifichris said:
    Seeing this unfair results, is it possible to get back my 6 epics fused and 30 ultra ?
    @Hutch_Robin

Without food now, I will struggle on the next finals meanwhile these guys will probably do better than me... double slap
    Yes, they will return them to you. They have done so in the past especially on RQ changed cars. Ask anyone. 
    Cool, will contact them asap and also ask my tunes back. How about the money i spent and some cost for my time?
    After all finals are a JOKE, just a big gamble made unfair by broken fixes implemented by devs.
    Till fixed i will try to take advantage of it.

• adms87adms87 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Hutch doesn't want late join to be fixed thats the conclusion we can all make. I mean this has been an issue for ages...
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    2 ways : 
    - Hutch lie
    - Hutch is incompetent
    Check the good one

By now, they are condescending
  • Hutch_TimHutch_Tim Posts: 685 admin
    goshko said:
    No new brackets created X amount of hours before the event ends, the last brackets still fill to capacity. 

Simple as that. Wont work with Hutch. No idea why.
    Because few player could miss the event? Well, right now Hutch is screwing the majority of its playerbase with this bugged state how prizecars are given out. Prizecars, not some ceramics.

Yep, that's actually how it works. None of these weird brackets are created on the last day.

The problem now is that in some rare cases, for some reason, a few of the brackets created in the first few days just stop filling before they should. If those happen to have an uneven distribution of players (like one person with an unbeatable hand and everyone else with a negative score), then when we come to 'top up' brackets at the end, those new people can end up doing very well with very little effort.

Until we can figure out how to make sure brackets keep filling, one thing we can implement is preferentially adding players to these brackets once we reach the cut-off time, so those players do have to battle it out for a few hours at least. We're looking into that now.

Even with this non-filling-bracket issue, on average, late-joining is now roughly 10x less likely to net you a top prize than it used to, so things have improved, but we still want to improve it further. I'm not sure why yet, but the non-filling-bracket issue was actually worse in the Urus Final than it has been in a long time, so we're currently figuring out why that is.

G_anluca said:

OFFTOPIC
    Many times i was pushed out of t2 cause so many people "work" togheter... Again, is it the way is mean to be played this game??
    I don't recall any specific suggestions for how to change that. Even if you anonymised everyone, people could figure it out, right?
    i can be flagged, i don't care
    i'm just saying what many people thinks

happy to read an answer, but from the start on this subject, the only viable solution is to ban entries several hours before the end. Why does it need 1 year to be listened ?

also why the answer comes only when we becomes mad ?
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:

happy to read an answer, but from the start on this subject, the only viable solution is to ban entries several hours before the end. Why does it need 1 year to be listened ?

You dont get problem. Problem is not so much at latejoining, but new brackets close too soon after those are opened and only reopens very late for spliting those latejoiners.
    It would not change anything if joining would be brought back by several hours.

edited May 2020
    REALAIS said:
    hifichris said:

You dont get problem. Problem is not so much at latejoining, but new brackets close too soon after those are opened and only reopens very late for spliting those latejoiners.
    It would not change anything if joining would be brought back by several hours.

There wasn't this kind of problem before the "late join fix". Just rollback the code and choose a last time entry. 

If overfilling works after the cut off time, it must be ok. 
  • 0171801718 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Just to be clear: If Hutch decided to get a deadline for joining that would probably abolish overfilling. T1 would probably be Rank 1-8  again and we would accept, that through joining close to the deadline there would be one bracket that would not fill up completely (e.g. probably a smaller bracket but nobody knows if it is 1 or 500 or anything in between)

Hutch still would have to fix the problem with early brackets not filling up correctly.

edited May 2020
    yes @01718 , my bad, maybe with 2 cut-off times ?
    First to stop create new brackets and go to overfilling mode
    2nd one in overfilling mode to refuse new entries
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    It could be like clubs though, no new brackets -t4 hours, the last bracket will fill with the late joiners but with time to play.
    and why this have to do with the top 10? I don't understand why you bring this up?
    the expansion of t1 shouldn't be related with the bracket problem imo.
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    01718 said:
     T1 would probably be Rank 1-8  again 

No No No, hold on a minute. I think you did get that wrong. The rank adaptation was because of the increasing competitiveness and not because of overfilling. 
    This is another attempt from Hutch to fix something where they bring in a new bug instead.
    If brackets close t-3h there will be a spike in activity at that time, yes. But the last minutes of the event are most crucial many times, the moment you spend all your weekend on, money, ressources, time. This is when the server must stay running, else its a farce all along (as you can see from the bi-weekly discussions after finals). As it is now they will break down every final. Prove me wrong.
    Closing brackets early would benefit all players as the most problems get created through new brackets and not ticketplaying. When there are no new brackets in the last hours maybe we can finally play finals like they are supposed to be.
    And as the problem with the bugged brackets is known... i think many players should be clever enough to realize now that latejoining with the current modus gives you a proper chance to win prizecars with weak hands again.
    So if you have no great hand, just latejoin from now and hope for some luck, quite some bugged brackets to catch. Or get into an overflling bracket , play 10-0 and get a cf this way.
    Btw, can we discuss how unfair it is that 3 day old brackets get overfilled with (if bad luck) whales that take out players who stayed in t1 all event? Another thing that would be eliminated with closed brackets.
    edited May 2020
    hifichris said:
    yes @01718 , my bad, maybe with 2 cut-off times ?
    First to stop create new brackets and go to overfilling mode
    2nd one in overfilling mode to refuse new entries
    and i can add the 2nd cut off time could be variable to stop when all the brackets are 550ppl full
    simple and perfect to me

edit : like this even the last bracket will be full !
    edit2 : and we can keep 10 players tier1
    It could be like clubs though, no new brackets -t4 hours, the last bracket will fill with the late joiners but with time to play.

It might fill with 20 late joiners, or 200 or 499, there would be a chance to gamble. For Servers with few brackets (I think we had Events with just 4) the chance to get into the "last" bracket would be quite easy to calculate.
    We can be ok with this, I'm just trying to think this through.
    @hifichris suggestion would be a different solution theoretically preventing brackets from finishing with less than 500 players.

and why this have to do with the top 10? I don't understand why you bring this up?
    Hutch expanded Tier 1 from 8 to 10 places with the overfilling feature, IIRC. I would say it is likely they return to 8 if they abolish overfilling, especially if Hutch would just "roll back the code" as it has been suggestion in this topic.

Wasnt the whole intention of the latejoin fix the fact that that it is really unfair for all others if random guys win good prizes with no effort !?!?
    And where are we now? @Hutch_Tim
    Wasnt the whole intention of the latejoin fix the fact that that it is really unfair for all others if random guys win good prizes with no effort !?!?

According to him (and I don't want to spread doubt) we are down by 90%.

01718 said:

According to him (and I don't want to spread doubt) we are down by 90%.

And if you just use the method as in clubs the possibility is gone completely.
    90% down sounds fun... yet i know of several bugged Lambo finals, meaning still 50+ players get a prizecar they dont deserve
  • xaratsarhsxaratsarhs Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    01718 said:

It might fill with 20 late joiners, or 200 or 499, there would be a chance to gamble. For Servers with few brackets (I think we had Events with just 4) the chance to get into the "last" bracket would be quite easy to calculate.
    We can be ok with this, I'm just trying to think this through.
    @hifichris suggestion would be a different solution theoretically preventing brackets from finishing with less than 500 players.

Hutch expanded Tier 1 from 8 to 10 places with the overfilling feature, IIRC. I would say it is likely they return to 8 if they abolish overfilling, especially if Hutch would just "roll back the code" as it has been suggestion in this topic.

The expansion of t1 was about competitiveness of the brackets not about overfill they just introduced together.
    Roll back its not really a delete code situation, is a new implementation.
    Brackets shouldn't overfill without prize board adjustments, its not the same if you are in an 600 brackets with someone that is in a normal one, but that is too complicate.
    So imo the best solution is like clubs, -t4 hours no new brackets, no overfill, an indicator how many spots are open until the event ends and none will gamble anymore when your first time that you will try this you will get a nice msg saying "sorry my friend too late, next time"

on the other hand gambling is in the nature of this game, maybe that's why we are having this things.