Skip to content

Yellowbird

Comments

• 0liver770liver77 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I'm at 99%. Will probably do the last race tomorrow. Can't wait to get it too ;-)
  • Nacho101Nacho101 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    So the rescaling hasn't changed anything when it comes to round 5. Without Moby, GTE or a slick tyre Porsche it's impossible. Considering how easy every other stage is its confusing they haven't addressed it. 
    well at least something remained challenging then?
    So i have to rely upon ridiculously low odds on pulling one of around 3 cars to pass this one round...while the rest can easily be completed makes no sense to me. 
    Yeh this is weird, I think they may end up having to alter this round at some point. Although I think they should also look at adjusting other rounds to make it more challenging once more. I liked the fact that it was a genuine challenge, and failing some of the rounds makes the Yellowbird feel more like a genuine reward and less of a procession.

Shame as they obviously put some thought into the yellowbird challenge when it was first implemented, what was originally like a challenging twisty track and has now become like a freeway with a brick wall that only those with a hummer can pass through.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭
    Nacho101 said:
    So the rescaling hasn't changed anything when it comes to round 5. Without Moby, GTE or a slick tyre Porsche it's impossible. Considering how easy every other stage is its confusing they haven't addressed it. 
    So i have to rely upon ridiculously low odds on pulling one of around 3 cars to pass this one round...while the rest can easily be completed makes no sense to me. 
    Yeh this is weird, I think they may end up having to alter this round at some point. Although I think they should also look at adjusting other rounds to make it more challenging once more. I liked the fact that it was a genuine challenge, and failing some of the rounds makes the Yellowbird feel more like a genuine reward and less of a procession.

Shame as they obviously put some thought into the yellowbird challenge when it was first implemented, what was originally like a challenging twisty track and has now become like a freeway with a brick wall that only those with a hummer can pass through.
    Stupid me... wasted 300 renown because I lost against the yellow nissan Z. Someone has time required to beat it? I didn't check and I don't want to repeat the experience next time I hardly get 300 renowns...
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly certain that's where you need the Opel GT, IIRC
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rei348 said:
    Nacho101 said:

Stupid me... wasted 300 renown because I lost against the yellow nissan Z. Someone has time required to beat it? I didn't check and I don't want to repeat the experience next time I hardly get 300 renowns...
    Road 5, race 4 right? 1:10.83 is the time to beat.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Fairly certain that's where you need the Opel GT, IIRC
    Yes, but early morning didn't help me... I wasted 300 renown despite I have moby and 3 opel GT... Never again attempt a risky challenge within 30 minutes from wake up!
  • PGleo86PGleo86 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    12 hours until I get my Yellowbird :) can't wait!!
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious about those who have finished the challenge and who are using Renown to try to win Ultras etc. What are you aiming for? How's your luck? I am after the BMW Z8 on (final stage 4) but so far have got the Rare BMW Z3, 3 times. 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious about those who have finished the challenge and who are using Renown to try to win Ultras etc. What are you aiming for? How's your luck? I am after the BMW Z8 on (final stage 4) but so far have got the Rare BMW Z3, 3 times. 
    I'll go for the Mito, but I've not yet collected 300 renown after finishing the challange. 10% chance for an ultra rare is not much though. I'm still gonna try until I get at least one of those Mitos.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x rare, 1x SR , looking for another Porsche Rally
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple attempts.  No luck yet.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Wanted a Mito and a 924 Rally. Got both, total 3 or 4 attempts.
  • PGleo86PGleo86 Posts: 25 ✭✭

This bird has landed :) 
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been mixing it up what I’ve been going for, pulled 1 UR, 2 SR and 1 R so far. 
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the mito on my 3rd try. Thinking of the odds vs reward I will stick to trying URs. Probably one or two more mitos and another 924gts.

Normal stages: get 2 SRs for 1000 renown, so 6 SRs for 3000 renown
    Final stages: get 1 UR and 2 SR for 3000 renown

I’ll take the 1 UR vs 4 SRs any day of the week, just for the food.

Now thinking about it more, in terms of cash, for 3000 renown, normal stages get you 39k vs final stages get you 24.5k. So if you are looking to sell the cars, playing normal stages is better. But I know I will use them as food, not for the cash.
  • aelburtaelburt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    Someone here have the times for best results? I think this week i will have it but i dont know how to make it.
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aelburt said:
    Someone here have the times for best results? I think this week i will have it but i dont know how to make it.
    It’s really only viable as a 996 drag car imo, at 699 it loses almost everything with a bend to it’s contemporaries. 

I like your signature pic btw. 
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    996 all the way. With its mid range and top speed it's a dragger. Been enjoying using mine in dailies and clubs to see which legendaries it will surprise. Test bowl and mile it's a joy to watch it go. However it is niche and it won't win me any prize cars....but it's a damn cool car so it's one I maxed because my heart said yes. 
  • alpashkalpashk Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone post the times for all rounds in stage 5?
    aelburt said:
    It’s really only viable as a 996 drag car imo, at 699 it loses almost everything with a bend to it’s contemporaries. 

Thank you. So its centainly that 332 beat 323 most of times? 
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    aelburt said:
    aelburt said:

332 beats 323 in straight line drags.
    Yellowbird is 332 or 233 tune.
    323 tune for high performance epics is big NO!.
    What he is saying is that there is better cars for twisty races at similar RQ, and Yellowbird should be tuned as pure Drag car because it is one of best for that at that level 
    REALAIS said:j
    aelburt said:
    aelburt said:

332 beats 323 in straight line drags.
    Yellowbird is 332 or 233 tune.
    323 tune for high performance epics is big NO!.
    What he is saying is that there is better cars for twisty races at similar RQ, and Yellowbird should be tuned as pure Drag car because it is one of best for that at that level 
    For sure. If you go down the 233 route I think what you’ll find is that it doesn’t win much on the twisty stuff and you’ll spend your life getting beaten by 332 yellowbirds on the drags.  This car is a bit of a one trick pony and rather than negate that trick my view is to accentuate it. No regrets on 332 for me. 
    So 332 could be the best? I mean, you have just one pick, its a little risky settage.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aelburt said:
    So 332 could be the best? I mean, you have just one pick, its a little risky settage.
    It hasn’t really fit any event requirements yet, which is a shame. 

There’s no perfect tune. I’ve found it’s natural home is 1 mile and test bowl. It’s a legendary beater on those tracks.  It’s test bowl top speed is immense. I guess 699 makes it more useful on anything with a curve in but in any event it qualifies for (German etc) I suspect you’ll find other cars that do better at twists on these tracks.  Then you’ll put it on a drag and it’ll get beaten by its 996 variant. So my view was excel at 1 thing (going fast in a straight line). If I was sensible I’d have left it at 000 and never used it, but for the effort to win it and because there aren’t many of them out there I decided to show it some love.
    696 could be the perfect initial tune, but I think you’re totally right about 996 overall. It will never be critical for a prize car final anyway 
    It was an act of pure vanity to max it on my part. 696 is a perfect hedge. 

My 996 took down a RUF Ct3 on the test bowl and a 333 maclaren campaign car on the mile yesterday. Felt good. Although pointless as it’s only in clubs.
    It beats a 333 12c on 1m? 👀

I didn’t know it was *that* good. Maybe I’ll start upgrading... 😂
    I didn't check the tuning on it that closely as i was rattling through a clubs event but it was the 12C and it got it in the last 1/4 mile. It would lose on 1/4 and 1/2 but over a mile it's fun to see what it will and won't beat. Probably shouldn't mention this as hutch will nerf it....