Skip to content

Silver Screen Challenge

Comments

• O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    For those of you worried about timing, you may not have noticed that the challenge runs the full 7 days this week and does not end on Friday like usual.  The earliest that the 5th XK140 should be awarded is on Thursday afternoon, giving three days to complete the final 3 stages.
    What I think people may be overlooking is that it will not be a timing issue for many, it will be an actually achieving issue. If the owners challenges are anything to go by (except perhaps last one) then this is not going to be a giveaway and I would suspect the winning % of the Aston to be low.
    I suspect the same. That's why there are other prize cars dotted along the way. People hopefully will at least get something equivalent to their garage strength.
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Well there aren't that many silver screen legendaries. If we need them to be upgraded it sure will be a very very low %

I am hoping that my 3 epics are going to be enough even if I have to uprade them and ruin my UR collection.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's wait another 16 hours for the next event to end now lol

• bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I for one, am certainly looking forward eagerly to winning my 8th Firebird Trans Am.

As a side note that was a weird few rounds for me as I take it more seriously than the weekly and almost identically matched the hands every time. It did seem weird putting a Range Rover Mk1 in for a sprint. I just did not want to risk messing it up.

I for one, am certainly looking forward eagerly to winning my 8th Firebird Trans Am.

As a side note that was a weird few rounds for me as I take it more seriously than the weekly and almost identically matched the hands every time. It did seem weird putting a Range Rover Mk1 in for a sprint. I just did not want to risk messing it up.
    The only round that really took much thought was the one with the epic porsche. Thankfully my maxed R34 Skyline took care of it "I know maxing the skyline is a waste of UR food but I was new when I did it"
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only round that really took much thought was the one with the epic porsche. Thankfully my maxed R34 Skyline took care of it "I know maxing the skyline is a waste of UR food but I was new when I did it"
    I maxed that out a long time ago and it has come in fairly useful in the events that would use it, because no one else maxes it.  
    P.S.  A 699 tune is not good.  I had to have support change mine to 969.
    HeissRod said:

I maxed that out a long time ago and it has come in fairly useful in the events that would use it, because no one else maxes it.  
    P.S.  A 699 tune is not good.  I had to have support change mine to 969.
    The fact that they're throwing in an epic into the challenge in the early rounds makes me think it'll get difficult quite soon.
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    There is no need to beat the epic Porsche. I lost that race, made up the points on the drag.
  • vossixvossix Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    The Black Skyline beats it easy. 
    It's a wet track. And the Porsche only has RWD. 
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
    There is no need to beat the epic Porsche. I lost that race, made up the points on the drag.
    And also the C class porsche on STD tyres beat it easily
  • MrpiratepeteMrpiratepete Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Lotus Elan only loses by 50 points. Easy to make up for it on other tracks.
  • GymopenGymopen Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    I just hope it's not a scam where at the end, you'd need multiple A class Silver Screen cars or at least 1 S class Silver Screen car to get the One-77. I get that the final prize car is a S class and all, but most of the Silver Screen tag Epics and Legendaries are fuse material or sub-par S-classes that I'll never upgrade.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • David_FookDavid_Fook Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Gymopen said:
    I just hope it's not a scam where at the end, you'd need multiple A class Silver Screen cars or at least 1 S class Silver Screen car to get the One-77. I get that the final prize car is a S class and all, but most of the Silver Screen tag Epics and Legendaries are fuse material or sub-par S-classes that I'll never upgrade.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think it would be a bit unfair to call it a “scam” if that was the case, we are talking about a legendary prize car here, along with the other tiers. Think about it as a tri-series. T2 is the GT40, T3 Bulldog - and set your expectations to that

Youre right about the cars being naff though. Gonna hurt upgrading some of those Epics
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Gymopen said:
    If this is not exactly what it will be then I will amazed.
    I would not describe it as a scam though, just a progressively harder event.
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    I need help,by mistake i fused one of prize jag'
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭
    kolov7 said:
    Game support can reinstate prize cars. You can contact them through the main website, the support website or the help and options section in the game. 
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    And with that. I’m out. Can’t beat the GT40 on the drag. Disappointing to be done on Wednesday night. Heyho.
  • kolov7kolov7 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    kolov7 said:
    Game support can reinstate prize cars. You can contact them through the main website, the support website or the help and options section in the game. 
    I contacted them,but noone is answering
    kolov7 said:
    kolov7 said:
    I contacted them,but noone is answering
    That's because its 11pm at night,  you're probably going to have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.
  • Yama_sanYama_san Posts: 437 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    And with that. I’m out. Can’t beat the GT40 on the drag. Disappointing to be done on Wednesday night. Heyho.

Yeah. Already obliged to have either the UR Countach or one epic...

I have the BMW Z8 (UR) and it might beat the GT40 if I max it in speed/acceleration. I was not that far at 3.3.0. Less than 1s. So maybe.

But I also need to beat the Countach on test bowl, and because of its damn MRA I'm not sure I can beat it with any of my other UR (Porsche 911 and DB9) (my rare Aston Martin Vintage didn't succeed). And I'm not too keen to waste rare food before I would be sure.

• goshkogoshko Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Yama_san said:

I have the BMW Z8 (UR) and it might beat the GT40 if I max it in speed/acceleration. I was not that far at 3.3.0. Less than 1s. So maybe.

But I also need to beat the Countach on test bowl, and because of its damn MRA I'm not sure I can beat it with any of my other UR (Porsche 911 and DB9) (my rare Aston Martin Vintage didn't succeed). And I'm not too keen to waste rare food before I would be sure.

DB9 will beat the countach when maxed
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    goshko said:
    Yama_san said:

DB9 will beat the countach when maxed
    "When maxed" being the key words.  I had mine at 669 and it lost, costing me the race.  :(
  • JPintoJPinto Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    Can confirm a 663 Z8 will beat the Ford GT40. It was a really tough one, and I don't even want to imagine what the GT40 and the One-77 have to offer on their races...I expect an army of R8s, Giulias, DB11s and such. Hoping to be proven wrong.
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    Will the countach at 993 beat the GT40? 
  • alpashkalpashk Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Can you actually beat the countach with something like 99x Miura?
  • JayJay Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alpashk said:
    Can you actually beat the countach with something like 99x Miura?

• vossixvossix Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The GT40 beat the Lambo at the Test track.
    The Miura beat the Camaro. And the Z8 beat the GT40.
    And yes. I know that not everyone has the GT40. 

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭
    Maxed Firebird wins 1 mile vs Camaro too.
  • StyxingerStyxinger Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Does anybody have the sets for round 15 and higher? It would help much because fusing 6 or more UR into an epic would be a waste to get a ceramic pack and to know that the next station is the personal end. Thanks in advance!