Comments

• 0171801718 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Hutchin' a Ride?

I expect the worst. 
  • NinjaDesignzNinjaDesignz Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JakeKJakeK Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    no golf w12  :'(
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ‘Front engined hatchbacks’ is a completely new criteria unless I’m much mistaken. No idea why a new criteria would be introduced without any QA 🤷🏼‍♂️

• mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and why we need to wait for fix some description errors as count seater or position of engine... this are little bug fixes... and they must do it when the error is known... and not wait 6/9 months for new big update... what a shame...  hey Hutch, a question: never play or see other games and how works other software company?
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Others companies have bigger teams  :#
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 218 admin
    The fix for the banana is included in the next update.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the correction for the VW W12 syncro that was mentioned and the reason it went to legendary happening in that update as well?
    And any idea when it is? lol
  • REALAISREALAIS Posts: 916 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but event is now. And it is Front engine for ages xD
  • AndreasSimmerAndreasSimmer Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the correction for the VW W12 syncro that was mentioned and the reason it went to legendary happening in that update as well?
    As soon as we have some more events run for the cars the get corrected afterwards. This way you can use them before and after, and get a whole new experience for a single prize.

• REALAISREALAIS Posts: 916 ✭✭✭✭
    hifichris said:
    REALAIS said:
    Yeah, but event is now. And it is Front engine for ages xD
    I remember the time you didn't understand our frustration. What's happened to you ?  :*
    I still dont have Banana in my garage, that is main issue.

Yes, it looks like it is included in the next update.

As to when it's coming, I cannot say right now.
  • hifichrishifichris Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Yes, it looks like it is included in the next update.

As to when it's coming, I cannot say right now.
    Share with us the roadmap was very good intention
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Can we talk about the mid-engine in the banana, another big mistake in the game, as this is the key car dominating in this event and it clearly has no front engine. What a joke it is, another event failed due to none existing car corrections for months now.
    Oh lets wait for the next update, where they will nerf your favorite cars, in the name of realism, or better.. to make them obsolete with the newly introduced. This game is far away from being realistic but still a betaversion, but as it makes great revenue that seems to be enough. I always have a big laugh when i hear Hutch talk about their raceengine, when they can even get a seatcount or other basic stuff on some cars right.
    How about you spend some time in fixing longtime errors instead of working on a tuning feature no one asks for?!
    Sorry for being a lil offtopic, but its no far to go from front engines to more rant.
    Woah, woah, woah.  As far as I know , this is the first time that Hutch has used an engine position as a race criteria.  On top of that, no one had submitted a correction for engine placement for the Banana before 3 days ago, because no one cared about engine position because it had never been used as race criteria.  Getting mad because this hadn't been addressed is a little over the top here.  It's also just a Ceramic event, so the angst level seems a little off.
  • mauro07mauro07 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

what do you mean with next update? 12 or 11.x? and why wait the update 12 with new cars and errors?
    mauro07 said:

what do you mean with next update? 12 or 11.x? and why wait the update 12 with new cars and errors?
    That is because making even one change requires to run the resolver tool for all existing cars. Which cannot happen very often. We will talk about it a bit in the August Q&A.
    edited July 2020
    Why introduce a new criteria and new CF packs and not check the cars included properly once or madman would even do it twice? Lots of ressources and time get used on corrections that could be saved by doing them before.
    Im not attacking anyone for this specific, i play this game long enough to know that this is how it works.

mauro07 said:

That is because making even one change requires to run the resolver tool for all existing cars. Which cannot happen very often. We will talk about it a bit in the August Q&A.
    Looking forward to that! We know that any car correction, change of physice etc needs a complete run of the resolver, correct me if im wrong but in the end its a machine that runs a few days to get all results? I think for the general quality of the game it would be worth to do this lets say every three months, to get corrections in when they matter and not after we had all the events regarding the cars.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the banana engine placement is getting fixed in the next upgrade, I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that hutch already knew it was an issue before this event started. And if that's the case and they knew an overpowered car would be useable when it shouldn't be then why would you even use this restriction considering it's never been used before?
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:

Hmm, corrections like engine position and seat count do not require the resolver do they? Laptimes and RQs are not not affected if I'm not mistaken.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Ozzman said:
    mauro07 said:

Hmm, corrections like engine position and seat count do not require the resolver do they? Laptimes and RQs are not not affected if I'm not mistaken.
    It's possible engine position could as it probably changes the weight distribution of a car. It could have an impact on things like using performance tires on sand with a RWD car where a mid-rear engine might make it get traction sooner than a front-mounted engine. Regardless, they have their processes and some of you are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. This is for a ceramic pack.
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:
    Ozzman said:
    mauro07 said:

It's possible engine position could as it probably changes the weight distribution of a car. It could have an impact on things like using performance tires on sand with a RWD car where a mid-rear engine might make it get traction sooner than a front-mounted engine. Regardless, they have their processes and some of you are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. This is for a ceramic pack.
    Right, it depends on ohe complexity of the game engine, but I doubt it has that much effect.
    Kcray said:
    ... and some of you are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. This is for a ceramic pack.
    No one cares about a ceramic pack. Its about (knowingly) wrong op cars in events.  This also happened to some epic Lambos and the Bmw X3/X6 which had their big events to shine and dominate before the cars got corrected and switched hierarchy.

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 939 ✭✭✭
    mauro07 said:

Change to the cars is for major change according to previous comments, so 12
  • 0171801718 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    I strongly believe, that the game engine does not take the engine position into account. I doubt it knows about weight distribution.
    I Believe they create and acceleration curve from just two or three points, uses weight, width and the handling stat and of course ground clearence, tyres and max speed...that should be about it...oh, I may have forgotten ETB...anything else?

However I think that it is a big deal just as big as the Bentley-Seat-Mess-Up. Secondary car parameters like the seat count or the engine position are correlated to the cars' performances. While having or not having the banana may depend largely on luck, being allowed to use the car in a field of competitors, where the car just doesn't belong makes it unfair and frustrating. The event would have been fine with "FWD Hatchbacks".