Skip to content

PL12.1 (19 Oct 2020) - Bug Reporting Thread

Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 218 admin
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Greetings drivers. This is a bug reporting thread for the PL12.1 update.

Please keep this thread to bug reports only. I will remove generic chat/unhelpful comments from this thread to keep it functional.

When reporting a bug please provide all the following info:
  • Device and OS
  • Screenshot/Video of the issue
  • Steps to re-create the issue (Information on what screens/areas you were in before may also be relevant)

Alternatively, submit a bug using our bug report google form with more detail: https://forms.gle/8AUQgAZWwov3hdnJ8

Release notes: https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/10776/pl12-1-update-19-oct-2020-rolling-out/p1?new=1
Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iPad 6th gen, iOS 14.0.1, below still happens when first launching the app.

• An issue would sometimes cause various offers to appear intermittently on the home screen. This has now been addressed.

• Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 218 admin

• An issue would sometimes cause various offers to appear intermittently on the home screen. This has now been addressed.

Hi, are you describing the offers appearing on the main screen in general, which is normal, or do you mean that they cycle rapidly (and randomly), which is a problem introduced in the last update? Just wanted to clarify.

Hi, are you describing the offers appearing on the main screen in general, which is normal, or do you mean that they cycle rapidly (and randomly), which is a problem introduced in the last update? Just wanted to clarify.
    They cycle rapidly and randomly.  This did not occur on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with the same OS.
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    greddy said:

Hutch, please note and do not plan and GR tri-series requirements until this gets fixed.
  • HOTwheels666HOTwheels666 Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Austrians will not be happy reading this :D
  • NicooooooNicoooooo Posts: 42 ✭✭
    This happened three times in a row on the same "battle" in club events this morning on my Huawei P30, Android Emui 10.1 
  • MoogMoog Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    I also get the rapid cycling rewards on the home screen on my iPad Pro.
    I also now get multiple notifications:

Unfortunately though, I only get one daily reward.
    iPad 6th gen, iOS 14.0.1 - when I join a new event, the first leaderboard I see only shows the opponent and me.  Only afterward does it display the complete leaderboard.
  • plain333plain333 Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
      iPhone XS Max, iOS 14.0.1

-Still having the issue of the sound effects being turned on if my phone is connected to my vehicle via Bluetooth and I receive or make a phone call while playing TopDrives. 
    -The app is still sluggish/slow to enter into the events section.  Occasionally needing multiple taps to enter
    -When app is open, I will still occasionally have an issue switching between apps. Phone will freeze for approximately 10-15 seconds and force close TopDrives.  I can’t recreate this issue without TopDrives being open. 
    - Offers on main screen still cycle rapidly and randomly

• HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    iPad 6th gen, iOS 14.0.1 - when I join a new event, the first leaderboard I see only shows the opponent and me.  Only afterward does it display the complete leaderboard.
    I've seen this as well and just assumed this was a product of the update vs non-update brackets
    HeissRod said:
    I've seen this as well and just assumed this was a product of the update vs non-update brackets
    Doesn't happen on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with the same OS
    HeissRod said:
    Doesn't happen on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with the same OS
    iPhone Xs here, running iOS 14.0.1
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens also on latest version Android. 
    plain333 said:

-When app is open, I will still occasionally have an issue switching between apps. Phone will freeze for approximately 10-15 seconds and force close TopDrives.  I can’t recreate this issue without TopDrives being open. 

The above problem has been happening to me for a long time.  Top Drives app does not seem to multi-task well or go into a sleep state correctly.  Honestly, I thought it was just my phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max with OS 14.0.1), good to know it's not.  Does not happen on my iPad 6th gen with the same OS.
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Android 10

• gvereb11gvereb11 Posts: 4
    server error in clubs

Hi, is it still continuing for you? Is there any chance you could provide a screenshot of the error? Does it happen with all new events you are joining? Thanks.

Dmitri
  • MoogMoog Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, is it still continuing for you? Is there any chance you could provide a screenshot of the error? Does it happen with all new events you are joining? Thanks.

Dmitri
    Here you go (Android but also had it on iOS):

I get it on every new event I join. I joined this one early just to give you the screenshot :)
    Moog said:

Dmitri
    Here you go (Android but also had it on iOS):

I get it on every new event I join. I joined this one early just to give you the screenshot :)
    Many thanks!

Dmitri
    Yes, all new events.  Same screenshots like above.
  • ErilixErilix Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I got that too. On iPhone X, iOS 14.0.1
  • td2020td2020 Posts: 9
    I had an error when joining a club event (as used to happen sometimes before the update as well). However, afterwards I was in the event and could select an opponent, but would get a server error after having placed all my cards. Now, after the event has ended, I get an error each time I enter the club screen. This error disappears after about half a second, so I'm not returned to the start screen, but this is still very annoying. (Android)
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 939 ✭✭✭
    Got that on iOS too, Iphone 8. iOS13.7

I will need to check again on Android,

Speaking of Android, the new filter functionality, which allow to keep the filter when you enter the event.
    Sometimes, the filter only apply to the filtering system, i can see all my cars, but the filter only show 1XX cars of 2000s for example
  • Lars_StefanLars_Stefan Posts: 16
    oki the game still freezes my phone!! even more often now than before,,,, don´t you just feel abit ashame that u never test the update before? and i mean test on moore than one phone? ,,,, and when it freeze i have to wait for 20-30 sec before the phone wakes up again, then the app have to restart again
    oki the game still freezes my phone!! even more often now than before,,,, don´t you just feel abit ashame that u never test the update before? and i mean test on moore than one phone? ,,,, and when it freeze i have to wait for 20-30 sec before the phone wakes up again, then the app have to restart again
    What device are you using?  As far as I've seen, you're the only one with this problem.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People on the igf are claiming the back button in the yellowbird challenge has been replaced by quit instead?
    edited October 2020
    People on the igf are claiming the back button in the yellowbird challenge has been replaced by quit instead?
    This one?  Still seems to function the same.

Edit: And yep, still gives a Rare  :#
  • plain333plain333 Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    What device are you using?  As far as I've seen, you're the only one with this problem.
    Sounds similar to the issue I’m having as well. Started with PL12 for me. 
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    This one?  Still seems to function the same.

Yeah that's the one, not tried it myself to see.
This discussion has been closed.