Skip to content

PL12.2 Bug Reporting Thread

Greetings drivers. This is a bug reporting thread for the PL12.2 update.

Please keep this thread to bug reports only. I will remove generic chat/unhelpful comments from this thread to keep it functional.

When reporting a bug please provide all the following info:
  • Device and OS
  • Screenshot/Video of the issue
  • Steps to re-create the issue (Information on what screens/areas you were in before may also be relevant)

Alternatively, submit a bug using our bug report google form with more detail: https://forms.gle/8AUQgAZWwov3hdnJ8

Comments

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsung galaxy a8
    Android 9
    Clicking the ads button to get gold causes the music to stop, the game becomes leggy, stuttering framerate and delayed touch input, and no advert plays either.

• PimPim Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Clubs broken again. 12.2 ios 
  • OzzmanOzzman Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there's been only 4 or 5 big updates since I started reporting this bug, but come on. I can't be the only one who finds this annoying:

Happens randomly, refreshing the table helps as well as going back to events and selecting the event again, but still annoying af.
  • Huskic69Huskic69 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    When I enter the opponent selection of an event, if I press the quit match button and cancel it my hand overlaps the selection, example:

• mckennzmckennz Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Please fix the gold ad button...... can sometimes click on it a hundred times and nothing, the music stops, but no ad plays.
    For those free to play players, this is a major source of gold income
    oh, and only /bugged this every update since, 2 years ago
  • Lars_StefanLars_Stefan Posts: 16
    it still freeze my phone!!!! every time i quit the game the phone frezes for 20-30s
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Huskic69 said:
    When I enter the opponent selection of an event, if I press the quit match button and cancel it my hand overlaps the selection, example:

Yep I’ve got this also. 
  • PimPim Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    In Preliminaries and Qualifiers, after a few matches, the game quits suddenly. Always happens after I view the last race in a match. When I open the game again, and go to the events screen I get the card reward. 
    It happens since the last update. Ios 13.4.1

• Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 242 admin
    A little clarification regarding the ads, folks. We've been following the reports of recent days closely. The volume of tickets to customer support is fairly low and definitely isn't something that would indicate a big issue with the ads.

For those struggling with ads there are two reason why it may be happening: a) the ad is bad/broken, and it fails to load b) there are no ads available currently in your region. Both reasons can cause the issue that you mention above.

We suspect that this is mostly b) for now, which is fairly normal for the industry. However, we have in our plans the tools to ensure player can always see an ad if they want to - something for the future to consider.

At this time, we cannot investigate this any closer and it just doesn't appear to be something of scale... but we will certainly keep our eyes on this.

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    They did mention the integration with the ads furnisher too, which i can understand.

However, it is true, i will not open a ticket for 3 golds :/
  • kaje73kaje73 Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    A little clarification regarding the ads, folks. We've been following the reports of recent days closely. The volume of tickets to customer support is fairly low and definitely isn't something that would indicate a big issue with the ads.

For those struggling with ads there are two reason why it may be happening: a) the ad is bad/broken, and it fails to load b) there are no ads available currently in your region. Both reasons can cause the issue that you mention above.

We suspect that this is mostly b) for now, which is fairly normal for the industry. However, we have in our plans the tools to ensure player can always see an ad if they want to - something for the future to consider.

At this time, we cannot investigate this any closer and it just doesn't appear to be something of scale... but we will certainly keep our eyes on this.
    Sorry mate, but that seems incredibly ignorant of Hutch. Just because we don't write tickets complaining about it doesn't mean it's not a problem. It's just that it's been a problem with the game for so long – I've been playing for three years now and it has ALWAYS been a problem – that most of us have given up and realised that it will probably never be fixed.

"a) the ad is bad/broken, and it fails to load"
    Nope. This doesn't explain why restarting the game almost always gets an ad to load, or in some cases repeatedly pressing the button eventually gets an ad to load. Surely you're not trying to tell me that every few ads is broken, even when often it plays the same ad over and over for days in a row? Doesn't seem likely. From three years of experience, I know that the game loses the ability to load an ad after it has been left open in the background for a while.

"b) there are no ads available currently in your region."
    Nope. Almost without fail, restarting the game loads an ad for me. Sometimes it takes repeated presses but there's always an ad if I try hard enough. However that's incredibly annoying and often too much effort for hardly any gold.

To be honest your response smells a whole lot like the dismissive "overlay bugs are caused by players' poor internet connections" response. Shifting the blame when any regular player could tell you it's actually quite obviously bad code.
    Agree with you... this has been going on for a long time, and I think we are all just conditioned to restart the game to get the ads working again. I'm certainly never going to waste my time with support on this, but there is definitely a bug not caused by either reason Dimitri gives.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    When minimizing the app, and switching to something else, the phone sometimes becomes unresponsive for 10-15 seconds.  When the phone wakes back up, and you switch back to the TD app, the app restarts.  This means that if you are in the middle of playing a ticket, and you switch to something else, when you come back you have just lost the match and placed bad ghosts.  This has progressively occurred more often over the last few days.

iPhone Xs
    iOS 14.1
    Top Drives Version 12.20.00.11802
  • MoogMoog Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the ads, the behaviour I see is this.
    Open the game fresh, ads will play, play the game, Leoni ads work, etc.
    Stop playing for a while, use phone for other stuff, leave TD running in the background.
    Open TD again (it's still open where I left it), ads don't play, Leoni won't give rewards. Force quit the app, load it again and you're back to the start of this message.
    I never used to get this, but about a year ago it started happening, and it happens both on my Android phone and iPad. I know now, to force quit else on my 3rd race I won't get my Leoni reward. 
    Moog is right !

Side note @Moog Are you Australian?
  • MoogMoog Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭
    No, sorry, just boring English...
    Ok ! You have an homonym in Australia that’s all ^^
    Hello. Here is a bug on the club

Some territories are locked and unable to play..
    You can see one Yellow and one Red

More than 10min between the pictures

iPhone 8 on iOS 14.2
  • Lars_StefanLars_Stefan Posts: 16
    my phone frezes all the time, every time i go out of the game i cant do anything for 20-30s lost many races due to this, are you ever going to fix this??
  • binnerbinner Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:
    Hello. Here is a bug on the club

Some territories are locked and unable to play..
    You can see one Yellow and one Red

More than 10min between the pictures

iPhone 8 on iOS 14.2
    Was going to comment the same thing. Today I've noticed 4 dead tiles in the top left of full throttles owned territory in his picture above. They have never had an event start on them today. I'm Android on Samsung galaxy S9 android 10.
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 242 admin
    Thread is now closed, please forward your reports to the new thread: https://forums.hutchgames.com/discussion/10955/pl12-2-1-bug-reporting-thread/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.