Skip to content

Four Seasons in One Day - Riders on the Storm (Event)

bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in General Discussion

Comments

• Master3194Master3194 Posts: 447
    edited November 2020
    This name is same song.
  • AndyNicholsAndyNichols Posts: 6
    I'm fairly new still (day 39), so still struggling with aspects of the game. One of them is how to set your lineup for events such as this where there is huge variation, with some tracksets being mostly asphalt and one all snow/ice. If I use mostly performance tyres and the rain or snow tracks appear then I will probably lose. If I set everything all surface or off road and it's a sunny track (or even worse all off road and it's a wet track) I will probably lose.

When you know which track sets are in the event, is there any way of knowing which is next? Luckily I still managed tier 2 which was my aim, but after an early loss where I went to the ice tracks with standard tyres thinking I would get the rainy tracks (I thought they would be in the order posted). Therefore I had a loss and a poor defensive hand for that track set and if I was attacked more could have ended in tier 3.

So to reiterate my question, is there any way of knowing which tracks are next?
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly new still (day 39), so still struggling with aspects of the game. One of them is how to set your lineup for events such as this where there is huge variation, with some tracksets being mostly asphalt and one all snow/ice. If I use mostly performance tyres and the rain or snow tracks appear then I will probably lose. If I set everything all surface or off road and it's a sunny track (or even worse all off road and it's a wet track) I will probably lose.

When you know which track sets are in the event, is there any way of knowing which is next? Luckily I still managed tier 2 which was my aim, but after an early loss where I went to the ice tracks with standard tyres thinking I would get the rainy tracks (I thought they would be in the order posted). Therefore I had a loss and a poor defensive hand for that track set and if I was attacked more could have ended in tier 3.

So to reiterate my question, is there any way of knowing which tracks are next?
    Nope.

As a side note, on events like this I found the best strategy is to slowly conform your hand to the majority. If everyone is running off road, then do the same etc. If you are too different from the majority you get destroyed on the one trackset where you are weak. If that makes sense.
  • AndyNicholsAndyNichols Posts: 6
    Thanks, I'll do that in future.
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of event is the worse... You can't make any strategy, it's just a random mess. I barely managed to stay in top50 despite I'm in top10 in all the other events because everything depends only from what sets people around you get...
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭
    In those events it's all about ensuring others don't pick you as their opponent, so avoiding anything that's an obvious mismatch is a good start it can really help to have a couple of big scary cars in your hand, or those others think are faster than they actually are.