Skip to content

Weekly Challenge Thread

Comments

• rei348rei348 Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭✭
    Started to fuse maserati ghibli 366->369. Tomorrow I'll post the verdict on race5 of final round
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Stuck on 21, can't beat the caterham on the wet slalom, no GMC = no me gusta :(
    I passed loosing to caterham. If you show tracks and cars, maybe I can give a hint.

Actually, for anyone asking for a hint, showing exact races-cars you are struggling, will increase chances to get a hint.
    :)
    This set and my cars
  • NicooooooNicoooooo Posts: 44 ✭✭

Any tips for the last two rounds with these? 
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a 969 Levante S that can tell me the time for the 1/4 mile wet race that is on round 21?
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    adms87 said:
    Does anyone have a 969 Levante S that can tell me the time for the 1/4 mile wet race that is on round 21?
    969 Levante S does standing wet tarmac 1/4 in 12.83. 

Not sure if that’s the race for round 21. 
  • adms87adms87 Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    adms87 said:
    969 Levante S does standing wet tarmac 1/4 in 12.83. 

Not sure if that’s the race for round 21. 
    It is. Thanks a lot. It's enough to beat the Ghibli.
  • JPintoJPinto Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Is there any way to beat round 21 with this?

The C12 being fused will be 666 when done. I've read it can be done without the standard GMC duo, but nothing is working so far...the last round with the Caterham is a killer. Nothing in my garage beats it, and that -50 points is enough to make me lose the 3 star result.
  • TD42792TD42792 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicoooooo said:

I just barely won last round with a similar garage. Only difference is I have a cinque zonda instead of the you have. You might have to put a fuse in it to make enough points? Iirc I used the 4wd ghibli on the wet twisty circuit, which was a loss, and I made just enough points to compensate on the drags with the cinque and a maxed c12. My other c12 was 333.
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    I passed loosing to caterham. If you show tracks and cars, maybe I can give a hint.

Actually, for anyone asking for a hint, showing exact races-cars you are struggling, will increase chances to get a hint.
    This set and my cars
    Zonda's to both drags. Maloo to monaco city streets. You ghibli cup against ghibli (your should win iirc), and some filler to slalom to loose just 50 (btw maybe VW will be the best, try)
  • RuvlaRuvla Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Nicoooooo said:

GMC wins 1st race, maxxed c12 699 ties on last race. Second c12 wins drag against stock. Zonda F should give you 100 on the second drag (fuses might be needed). Maloo against ghibli.
    rei348 said:
    Started to fuse maserati ghibli 366->369. Tomorrow I'll post the verdict on race5 of final round
    To win race5 a ghibli S Q4 tuned 369 is not enough, it still lose by 0,21s... Fusing now to 669, I hope it will do the trick!
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruvla said:
    Ruvla said:

This set and my cars
    Zonda's to both drags. Maloo to monaco city streets. You ghibli cup against ghibli (your should win iirc), and some filler to slalom to loose just 50 (btw maybe VW will be the best, try)
    Nope, my ghibli at 323 loses to his at 233
    rei348 said:
    rei348 said:
    To win race5 a ghibli S Q4 tuned 369 is not enough, it still lose by 0,21s... Fusing now to 669, I hope it will do the trick!
    So, about ghibli S Q4 on final round:
    - 369 lose race1 and race5
    - 669 wins race1 and race5

Considering the boost I got from 369 to 669, I think it could worth it to try a 666 on race1, maybe is enough (long shot...)

Anyway... I did it!!

• EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭
    639 would be a better candidate to try than 666, although for a fast car on twisty circuit you were probably right to try 369 first. 
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please give decent prizes for hard challenge, vulcan challenge was super easy and everyone got this awesome car, while alfa is super hard and not even useful 
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please give decent prizes for hard challenge, vulcan challenge was super easy and everyone got this awesome car, while alfa is super hard and not even useful 
    Yeah I found this challenge really difficult despite the fact I had most of the cars in the tag and almost all the legendaries. You pretty much needed upgraded duplicates, and you needed almost every car in the tag to finish this one.

I did make it but I don't see myself ever using the Alfa because it's actually pretty ****.
  • StealthFTStealthFT Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Both Vulcan and Scighera challenges were very difficult for my garage. Made through both in the end, but what I found particularly troublesome (and not enjoyable) for this one is the need for very specific cars in some rounds.
    Depends all by your garage. I was lucky to have the right cars for this event, and only those :smile:
    The only duplicate I used is the Maloo, a strong UR also outside this event available in game for years...
  • Snaetch89Snaetch89 Posts: 95 ✭✭
    anyone already a guess what the mystery manufacturer might be?
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the start he mentioned Mr Lance - then we are told 'Wait an' anagram

Mr Lance is an anagram of both Mclaren and M Lancer. It is not going to be Mclaren.  'Wait an' is also an anagram of Taiwan. I would think it points to Mitsubishi but that is just a speculative assumption. 
  • vossixvossix Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not easy. 

Mitsubishi is from Japan. 
    But Taiwan has nothing to do with Japan. 
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Clue from the last Legrand Arc weekend challenge after completing it.

He says don't trust Gaz.  Here's what Gaz said.

Then after completing the challenge this week, here's what Gaz said:

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    McLaren does fit and is british. But, Surely they wouldn't ...!

However, there is not so much McLaren in game. 

So Lotus ?
    Of course they could be talking about the racing river Lance Stroll, who'll be driving for the Aston Martin F1 team next year. That would fit the British hint. 
    Hence don't trust Gaz on the anagram 
    Was it me or was this weekend challenge unusually easy? Even the normally tricky low RQ rounds seemed to be easier than usual, I can't have lost more than one or two tickets on the 100 RQ 3xAlfa stage instead of the normal half a dozen failed attempts. 
    Was it me or was this weekend challenge unusually easy? Even the normally tricky low RQ rounds seemed to be easier than usual, I can't have lost more than one or two tickets on the 100 RQ 3xAlfa stage instead of the normal half a dozen failed attempts. 
    Easier the low req levels, pretty hard for my garage when you have to use aston martins... I failed a lot of tickets, managed only now to get to round 21 buying 5 tickets (frustrated by a race I was not able to pass, so wanted to make more tries in a row)
    The mclaren x3 did help a lot.

I just loose 2 3 races and score big with the MC12
  • CWRulesCWRules Posts: 9
    edited December 2020
    Was it me or was this weekend challenge unusually easy?
    Not so easy for me. Still stuck on round 17.

Edit: [facepalm] x3 points for McLarens. Yeah, that'll make things easier.
    edited December 2020
    And next brand is RUF ?

Tune ?
    Or this is the new feature ? :D