Skip to content

McLaren P1 Owners Challenge

TopDrives40778TopDrives40778 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
McLaren P1 Owners Challenge

Post edited by Hutch_Gsearch on

Comments

• lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it'll be a 675lt, kinda disappointing.
  • LEGENDNADALEGENDNADA Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing, can we get anything ER instead or something with a tag!
  • LittleEnosBurdetteLittleEnosBurdette Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Why give people that have at least one good Mclaren the chance to win a not so good Mclaren that they’ll probably never use. Baffling and disappointing. 

Not denying the 675 used to be a good car, now? Just a dust collector. 
    Suzuki PP had a great owners prize car an italian offroader and one of the best city street cars, why can’t we get anything with a tag which will be slightly better use than the 675lt which is not useful now, GE or ER tag will be nice, please consider this one Hutch, @Hutch_Tim @Hutch_Dmitri

One of this will be useful than the dust collecting 675LT, and will be a great way to celebrate the 75TH Tri-series, please consider any of them, all same rq and lower even will be more useful 
    It's so much worse in comparison to the owners challenge car, my 675lt is currently sitting on zero races.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would hazard a guess that I'm one of the few P1 owners that don't have other top non-prize McLarens and I haven't seen anyone use a 675LT in months, for absolutely anything at all. This wouldn't be a duplicate, but it would be a dust collector for me. I'd say it would be both for many people.

BUT my P1 gets used all the time, in dailies and British car events.

I would've thought a 720S or a mid-tier Aventador of some sort was a better substitute. Something with a tag so it's not utterly useless. Hell, even the lower RQ Bentley Continental GT3, BMW M5 or Pagani Huayra Roadster would be more useful and better matches.
    O__VER said:
    I would hazard a guess that I'm one of the few P1 owners that don't have other top non-prize McLarens and I haven't seen anyone use a 675LT in months, for absolutely anything at all. This wouldn't be a duplicate, but it would be a dust collector for me. I'd say it would be both for many people.

BUT my P1 gets used all the time, in dailies and British car events.

I would've thought a 720S or a mid-tier Aventador of some sort was a better substitute. Something with a tag so it's not utterly useless. Hell, even the lower RQ Bentley Continental GT3, BMW M5 or Pagani Huayra Roadster would be more useful and better matches.
    Yeah anything with a tag will be more useful, I guess all owners will not be happy with this prize, so any car even lower rq than the 675lt but with a tag will be more useful than the prize, we can’t celebrate the 75th tri series??
  • ToretoToreto Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    What I don’t understand is why the same manufacturer? It’s usually not, most if not all owners challenges award a car from a different brand... It’s just very overlapping...
    Jay said:
    I am excited for the owners challenge....

Two mclaren 675lt at 000! 
    Jay said:
    I am excited for the owners challenge....

Jesus man, a fourth one will be like having a free Epic. Can't imagine you'll hesitate before fusing it into a legendary. Hell, you could probably use three 675LTs to upgrade your 675LT if you wanted.
  • AdxREAdxRE Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Agree that something with one of the newer tags would be great - Wouldn't even mind any of the GE McLarens (720S Spyder or the 720S GT3 anyone?) to keep the tradition of awarding cars from the same country as the prize car.

@Jay Yeah thought of you immediately after reading about the awards... 
  • HOTwheels666HOTwheels666 Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Wow, another dust collector.
    edited December 2020
    Doesn't sound like Hutch is gonna sell many CFs to P1 owners lol. Literally nobody has commented who is happy about it.
    Yeah seems like all owners (including me) are not happy about it, I hope they really changes the prize and make it difficult, this will sell packs and we all are happy
  • MoogMoog Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Should just give a random legendary instead.
  • Robbie_CheauxRobbie_Cheaux Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    Moog said:
    Should just give a random legendary instead.
    Or a 12C
    It would be as useless as the 675LT is🤡
  • JayJay Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owners challanges could have titanium packs :P
  • TJCTJC Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I was so happy to get my first owners challenge and was hoping for a good prize. But not a 2nd 675 LT!

It's a really good and useful car, but there are cars I wish to have first.
    Why not making a poll with 3 choices and let the owners choose
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not making a poll with 3 choices and let the owners choose
    Because not all the owners are here, or are on the IGF. If the vote is on the latter, then members here will complain that the IGF 'kids' have no idea what they are voting for, if it does not go their way.

Hutch will also without doubt get complaints about the 3 choices, whatever the choose, so there is little incentive for them to open it up to vote for that reason too.
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭
    I am all for the titanium pack !
    Of course no answer from Hutch, another disappointment:)
  • SCOOTYYYYYYYYSCOOTYYYYYYYY Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Why are people complaining ??? For the ZR1 we got the EB110GT... That is an awful prize... not this...
  • JayJay Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people complaining ??? For the ZR1 we got the EB110GT... That is an awful prize... not this...
    EB110 GT

McLaren 675LT

I have had the McLaren for 4 times longer. Done less races with it and it has a worse win %.
  • TJCTJC Posts: 49 ✭✭
    My 675 LT is one of my best cars, ok it's maxed. But I won't have a 2nd. That one will be a dustkeeper.

Because considering how good the P1 is, the owners event car should be better in the same way as the owners event for the pikes peak was the off road lancia.
    The ZR1 was a mediocre at best prize car so that's why the eb110 was given out
  • milewski1015milewski1015 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Jay said:
    EB110 GT

McLaren 675LT

I have had the McLaren for 4 times longer. Done less races with it and it has a worse win %.
    I would argue that the criteria where the 675LT could be used are a lot more competitive compared to the criteria where the EB110GT is. Yeah, the EB110GT is by far the worst Bugatti, but other than the Megane Trophy (which you wouldn’t use in the rain), the better FR Bugatti, and maybe a maxed Trezor or Survolt on something twisty, it still is a top-end FR car. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still garbage - I have four of them (three of which gather dust and the one that makes a daily appearance every now and then) but no Chiron/Veyron/Veyron SS.

The 675LT on the other hand is surrounded by a plethora of high-end GB cars, and the fact that it doesn’t have a tag means it’s less and less useful. 

Personally I’m content with the 675LT. It’ll be my best non-prize McLaren. Do I wish it was a 720S or one of the newer GT3 cars? Of course. Did I expect Hutch to give out the best non-prize McLaren or one of the newer ones that are some of the best GE cars? No. When in doubt, lower your expectations.