The forum is about to explore...

Edit explode, not explore
    Post edited by AslanV on
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explore what?
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That T3 prize is better than T1
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.  Too good of a T3 prize paired up with too bad of a prize legendary.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    What is your 'guess' for the T3 prize?
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    Funny. Out of all the epics it could be that's what I'd guess too. What a coincidence. People co-oping for tier 3 would be novel.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    I do not recommend trying to look forward at stuff that isn't yet live. None of that is necessarily real data. Sometimes it is, but if it's not announced, it's not real, it's not confirmed.
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not recommend trying to look forward at stuff that isn't yet live. None of that is necessarily real data. Sometimes it is, but if it's not announced, it's not real, it's not confirmed.
    Being in other TD groups, most weeks I see major event information ahead of time and it is extremely rare for it to change. In fact the only time I can remember it changing is when an owner's challenge prize was complained about because people saw the 'leak'.

Since you've commented on it, you'll probably change this one now out of pride, but I think generally it's pretty fair to look forward to (or be disappointed in) what these 'leaks' show.
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will not change it, but if no-one had said anything then it had more chance of a being a prize than it does now. Perhaps stopping and thinking that through sometimes maybe an option as well, as little was actually gained by leaking it here and potential T3 players have lost out.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O__VER said:
    Being in other TD groups, most weeks I see major event information ahead of time and it is extremely rare for it to change. In fact the only time I can remember it changing is when an owner's challenge prize was complained about because people saw the 'leak'.

Since you've commented on it, you'll probably change this one now out of pride, but I think generally it's pretty fair to look forward to (or be disappointed in) what these 'leaks' show.
    I remember one multiplayer event that they changed the restrictions on after it had been shown on the book of face, can't remember what it was but part of the uproar at the time was there was one car that would have been have been overpowered and shouldn't have been allowed in the restrictions but it had some incorrect information, engine placement or something, then when the event actually started they'd changed the restrictions from what was previously shown.
    That's the only time I remember a restriction change. And then prize change is the one time you mentioned.
  • G_anlucaG_anluca Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12

@Hutch_Robin
    Sincerely... everyone can know restrictions and prizes from the moment the event appears in the game.
    And it's years that playerbase know ahead of time.
    Can't see why don't you show anyway...

For what stated from Hutch until now, seems that to play this game, the use of socials is not forbidden.

It appears to me very strange that restrictions and prizes should not be mentioned, while playing as a team is tollerated.

And i am very very much seriolusly and strongly against those leaks and grouping play.

While the solution to expunge the team play is a hard one, for restricions and prizes (if it is really a matter to know in advance) you could simply make them visible at the last moment before the event starts... and who find the way to enter the event ahead of time could only see a "no restriction" and the same F car as prize for all tiers...
  • AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will not change it, but if no-one had said anything then it had more chance of a being a prize than it does now. Perhaps stopping and thinking that through sometimes maybe an option as well, as little was actually gained by leaking it here and potential T3 players have lost out.

At the same time... What is the aim of the forum,if you have more information, people and others on social media?

And, if they wanted, they could be part of groups on the social media...
  • bluedogsnoopbluedogsnoop Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AslanV said:

At the same time... What is the aim of the forum,if you have more information, people and others on social media?

And, if they wanted, they could be part of groups on the social media...
    You started this with the "The forum is about to explode..."
    This was not providing more information, it was simply lighting the fuse.
    So I am sure you knew how contentious it was. 

If I wanted to know things in advance, I would time travel myself, or go on discord or Facebook. I prefer it here without that drama though.

• AslanVAslanV Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Yup, but it was not about the prize car...

At the same time I do enjoy the forum, and I would to be more... Open ?

It's just blindfolded to not allow something when in two clicks you have all the information...

You can't control an information by censorship, more by giving some information at a time ...

Like it would be nice for them to do some partnership with different YouTuber (well known) so they can post the car and mention the car at the end.

Like Doug DeMuro, presenting a Ford GT X1 and at the end, saying, and you can win it in this game, and then they announce the car and put the three events.

Or the Cerbera and the French YouTuber publishing a video in the same 2hours.

Controlled information is better than censorship from my point of view
  • ManUtdTobbeManUtdTobbe Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like @Hutch_Gsearch posted with SLS at 11-40 on the ingame forum, great prizes for this one :) good job Hutch.
  • ToretoToreto Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    edited January 14
    😬     
    edited January 14
    So, this seems fair, good points.

How about when a Hutch employee announces prizes on the official forum, can we trust that to be real data? Seems pretty real and confirmed at that point?
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    edited January 14
    How about when a paid Hutch employee annoynces prizes on the official forum, can we trust that to be real data? Seems pretty real and confirmed at that point?
    You can. This is why I removed the image and posted a comment explaining the any details were incorrect as soon as I saw it. I did not know it had been posted and it should not have been posted.
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops.  Sorry.
  • chemineecheminee Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Aaaaaand they changed it  :D
  • EndlessWavesEndlessWaves Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭
    Are the gold and credits values for tier 3 and 4 correct? Every other tier has a different amount to each other (or different packs). 
    Get your house in order. 

SLS should never have been the secondary prize for the Cerbera, so why it was there in the first place when you know people will time travel is beyond me. Did you do it just to mess with your player base? That Seems counter productive If so.
    If it hadn't of been mentioned anywhere it probably would have stayed as the t3 prize imho.
  • goshkogoshko Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    @Hutch_Robin Can you also tell us why the tier 2 prize for Prelims was a SR medium car, instead of any UR when there are no city streets in finals?
    Are the gold and credits values for tier 3 and 4 correct? Every other tier has a different amount to each other (or different packs). 
    Likely to be correct as they've just split 11-40 into 2 different tiers for a different car but left the cash/gold the same as 11-40 used to be.
  • td2020td2020 Posts: 15
    Leaving the whole changing rewards issue aside, is the splitting of the old T2 into Rang 11-20 and Rank 21-40 going to be the new standard? That pretty much means that only a third of the number of players from before will get a decent or good epic, while the rest will mostly get epic fuse materials. That will lead to a lot more fighting around Rank 20 in the last minutes, which seems like a bad idea, considering the problems that already exist (Servers going down in the last minutes, teaming up etc.), but it guess it leads to more sold CF's to players that were formerly save in T2.