Skip to content

PL13.00.04 - Bug Reporting Thread

Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 327 admin
edited March 9 in General Discussion
Greetings drivers. This is a bug reporting thread for the PL13.00.04 update.

Please keep this thread to bug reports only. I will remove generic chat/unhelpful comments from this thread to keep it functional.

When reporting a bug please provide all the following info:
  • Device and OS
  • Screenshot/Video of the issue
  • Steps to re-create the issue (Information on what screens/areas you were in before may also be relevant)
Patch Notes: https://forums.hutch.io/discussion/11262/pl13-00-04-patch-notes#latest

Alternatively, submit a bug using our bug report google form with more detail: https://forms.gle/8AUQgAZWwov3hdnJ8
Post edited by Hutch_Dmitri on

Comments

• _HighVoltage__HighVoltage_ Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭
    iPhone XR/ iOS 14.4
    Game freezes and crash/restarts randomly when touching the Apple gesture bar at the bottom of the screen, when trying to switch between apps, or when simply trying to close Top Drives (whole phone freezes for 5 seconds).

This has been going on ever since PL12 was released and it has not been properly addressed.

Restarting the phone fixes the issue for a couple of hours, but then the issue returns. No crash report or error screen - the game just freezes and restarts (as if it dumps the cache or memory)
  • KcrayKcray Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    This bug was fixed previously, but it has resurfaced.

I am on iOS 14.4 on iPhone 12 Pro Max.

When going to the filters in the garage, when selecting the country filter, it is defaulted to start at the bottom of the country filters instead of the top.

I also am not sure what order they should be in. If it is supposed to have the country with the most cars you have at the top, that is not working correctly either.  

Side note: can this thread be pinned to make it easy to find?
  • rei348rei348 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    I want to report a bug in bug report thread first post by @Hutch_Dmitri
    The link to patch notes brings to patch notes of PL 13, not 13.00.04...
  • nathanwindnathanwind Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    Clubs is up to its usual tricks. It's not showing how many people are playing once you're in an event - it just looks like it's you and whoever you've raced.
  • Aamon_KorAamon_Kor Posts: 23
    rei348 said:
    I want to report a bug in bug report thread first post by @Hutch_Dmitri
    The link to patch notes brings to patch notes of PL 13, not 13.00.04...

https://forums.hutch.io/discussion/11262/pl13-00-04-patch-notes#latest
  • HeissRodHeissRod Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
  • O__VERO__VER Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the country filter, there seems to be some kind of blurry border to the flag images. It's not major, but it sure looks like ****.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14.4.1
  • Hutch_DmitriHutch_Dmitri Posts: 327 admin
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    I'm being told this is correct, as filters use the 'and' rather than 'or' relationship, so you can still see. the Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR X which falls under both, but you also see all other concept cars in the list.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    I'm being told this is correct, as filters use the 'and' rather than 'or' relationship, so you can still see. the Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR X which falls under both, but you also see all other concept cars in the list.
    Uhh, then the filter should be showing cars that are Concept AND American Frontier, right? But it is showing cars that are Concept OR American frontier. 

If AND meant ‘return all concept AND American frontier’ what would the OR return? Whichever it feels like? 😂
  • greddygreddy Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another filter bug, hope this one is not intended. In holding pool you can only move left slider, right one stays at 2020.

edited March 10
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    That's an "Or" setup (Show me any cars that are Concepts OR American Frontier) and I really doubt any player would ever want it to function that way.
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    That's an "Or" setup (Show me any cars that are Concepts OR American Frontier) and I really doubt any player would ever want it to function that way.
    I agree with you on this. I think something changed recently and should be reconsidered by Hutch - Especially the impact this will have on filtering after then update the "flexible requirements". 
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    But it's important to establish whether it's a new bug, or is it a matter of feature improvement. As my team suggests, it's not a bug, and the filter is working as intended. However, if this filtering is counter-intuitive, then we will need to add it to the list of potential improvements.
    Kcray said:
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    I agree with you on this. I think something changed recently and should be reconsidered by Hutch - Especially the impact this will have on filtering after then update the "flexible requirements". 
    I'm honestly not sure if it's recently changed, as this is the first time I've tried to leverage these two filters against each other.

HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    But it's important to establish whether it's a new bug, or is it a matter of feature improvement. As my team suggests, it's not a bug, and the filter is working as intended. However, if this filtering is counter-intuitive, then we will need to add it to the list of potential improvements.
    Agreed & Understood.  
  • NicooooooNicoooooo Posts: 65 ✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    Just so you know, the ACR-X is not a concept car but a race car instead, and it doesn't have the concept tag in the game so that's correct.

To maybe improve the filtering you could use
    some thing like : and / or / not / not... And... / not (... And ...) though its not that necessary.
    It could be a way to show the cars that are non maxed in the garage for example (either by choosing "not maxed" / or instead "can be fused" And "can be upgraded") which we currently can't, or we could also see Epic American cars that are neither American frontier nor American dream. 
    That might be hard to implement.  If you use multiple filters, how would you mark each one as an "and" or an "or"?  I think that having specific filters always default to "and" or "or" makes sense and makes the filtering screen easier from a user perspective.
  • BoxtaSBoxtaS Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    Pre update it was working correctly. 
    BoxtaS said:
    HeissRod said:
    HeissRod said:
    Filter

Result

Wait a minute.....🤔
    Pre update it was working correctly. 
    Same here.
    If it was intentionally designed to change from this last update then it must have been for a reason. As the game sits right now with the functionality it currently has, I would say it is counter intuitive. The purpose of using a filter system is to take a large number or entries (cars in this case) and identify the characteristics you want to included in a curated list.

Here is a similar scenario that should be thought of when determining. I want to see all of my US Concept cars.

If you are saying the result in @HeissRod post is correctly configured, why do I get this result from filtering the US and Concept car tags.

The way I understand what @Hutch_Dmitri said, the result should be all of my US cars and all of my Concept cars, which is not the case.

I think this needs to be looked into, unless it was recently changed in this last update in preparation for flexible criteria.

If anything, the results are not constant.
  • Hutch_RobinHutch_Robin Posts: 954 admin
    edited March 10
    Kcray said:
    why do I get this result from filtering the US and Concept car tags.

As per the PL10 patch notes, "Multiple selected filters in the same category have an ‘or’ relationship (e.g. display all cars that have Medium OR High ground clearance), filters from separate categories have an ‘and’ relationship (e.g. Display all cars that are RWD and have Standard tyres)."

I checked a PL13 video and the tags are in an 'or' relationship there, the same behaviour as seen in this update. 6 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSQBL2C-eDU&t=359s

I don't think the behaviour has changed.
    Country + Concept tag has always worked and still works.  I was testing Update tag + Concept tag, which is different.
  • lemmings99olemmings99o Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kcray said:

As per the PL10 patch notes, "Multiple selected filters in the same category have an ‘or’ relationship (e.g. display all cars that have Medium OR High ground clearance), filters from separate categories have an ‘and’ relationship (e.g. Display all cars that are RWD and have Standard tyres)."

I checked a PL13 video and the tags are in an 'or' relationship there, the same behaviour as seen in this update. 6 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSQBL2C-eDU&t=359s

Would it then be possible to seperate out the tags from the PL releases "American Dream, European Revolution etc" from the rest of the tags into a section called update catagory or something as while it's working as intended, it's not how most people would want it to work.
    Kcray said:

Thanks for the clarification.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    Rank 0 bug again:

@Hutch_Dmitri. Can you check clubs. It's broken again. Saying there are zero people in an event then when you try to enter it says it's full. I did the upgrade yesterday.
  • MoogMoog Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug, but worth reporting that the 'ad bug' is fixed for me now.
    Previously if I left my device for some time and then clicked on the ad button, it would never play, I'd have to kill the app and restart. Now, one or two presses and ads play again, it's like 2019 all over again, thanks.
    @Hutch_Dmitri. Can you check clubs. It's broken again. Saying there are zero people in an event then when you try to enter it says it's full. I did the upgrade yesterday.
    Thank you so much and apologies for the issues, we have now restarted Club services which should hopefully alleviate some of the issues.
    edited March 22
    @Hutch_Dmitri Not really a bug, but related to the update.  After installing this update, the country filter is now defaulting to the bottom of the list instead of the top of the list, as it used to.  Any chance this could be reverted?  It seems to be the only filter I see doing this.
    Post edited by HeissRod on
    edited March 22
    @Hutch_Dmitri
    Hi. Can someone have a look at clubs for me? The cash won in events is not been added to my IGC. Last three events have not been added in. I have logged in and out of the game and that hasn't made a difference. I had also sold a common and that was added to my IGC. It appears to just be clubs events. Reckon I am missing ~21k now. Can PM you my account details if that helps. Thanks 
This discussion has been closed.